Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible End of Bitcoin  (Read 1423 times)
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:56:02 AM

If anybody will creat Quantum Computers than not only bitcoin will die but all banks also (visa, mastercard, etc).
Now all money system using same crypting like bitcoin.
So don't worry about it!  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrmuscle (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:57:14 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ? I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers to explain these computers are might be 100 million times powerful and useful than todays computers so they would be easier to mine bitcoins with it even if difficulty of mining goes up as tech grows but the thing is Blockchain does not have any protection to quantum computers which i laugh about it so much and when this technology comes out people would start to steal bitcoins instead of mining because its going to be more profitable how come people cannot forsee that for the next 5 years bitcoin is going to make great job but after that Quantum Nightmare of Bitcoin is going to end it up

You are beng rather vague about the topic you have brought up.

Computing power is good for bitcoin and will not affect its security. if the rest magically is all mined at once then it will become even more valuable int he mid term after a slight dip in price.

how would this affect security? speed doesn't necessarily mean access. explain.

Quantum computers are much more stronger than todays computers and they are going to be able to solve much more complex questions and problems which havent solved yet with that kind of power and complexity blockchain system’s complex system might be able to be solved with quantum computers and can be attacked or get disturbed with that technology
Cicada1033

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:02:00 PM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ? I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers to explain these computers are might be 100 million times powerful and useful than todays computers so they would be easier to mine bitcoins with it even if difficulty of mining goes up as tech grows but the thing is Blockchain does not have any protection to quantum computers which i laugh about it so much and when this technology comes out people would start to steal bitcoins instead of mining because its going to be more profitable how come people cannot forsee that for the next 5 years bitcoin is going to make great job but after that Quantum Nightmare of Bitcoin is going to end it up
Do you think technologies improves for only the bad people? With this cpming quantum computers blockchains might also be improved. Improved blockchains and some new hard forks would make the system much more secure than it is now. I dont think such end is near.

Very well said. Quantum Computers won't be here over night and Bitcoin is a envolving system. I strongly belive Blockchaintechnology can adapt to future challenges like Quantum Computers.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:14:03 PM

That is also the scenario when bitcoin was 1st introduced. And now computers have already upgraded in hardware and softwares but still bitcoin is hard to mine. In the first place, Bitcoin is a product of digital evolution, so I think it will always evolve as new technology comes out. Bitcoin will end if there were no users, but in reality, there is more and more people into bitcoin.

Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:17:17 PM

wawoo Wink a funny one, no such possible end of bitcoin we can see in near future except that when there is world war or shutdown of the internet which seems not to be in the near future.So when the whole economy we can expect such scenario in which there will be an end of bitcoin

Possible ending? Maybe. I believe that it may or may not end. If it will end not in the near future. I believe that the world is going to digitization. Bitcoin is the future. It will evolve or improve and humankind will get to know more about it. With its increasing number of users it will definitely be legalized. There maybe some constraints but eventually we must face that digital currency like bitcoin is  up for today and the future years.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:26:07 PM

You are beng rather vague about the topic you have brought up.

Computing power is good for bitcoin and will not affect its security. if the rest magically is all mined at once then it will become even more valuable int he mid term after a slight dip in price.

how would this affect security? speed doesn't necessarily mean access. explain.

Quantum computers are much more stronger than todays computers and they are going to be able to solve much more complex questions and problems which havent solved yet with that kind of power and complexity blockchain system’s complex system might be able to be solved with quantum computers and can be attacked or get disturbed with that technology

That is next version of super computer but still efficiency of quantum cannot able to hack one wallet easily without that concern crypto wallet private key. With the operating system best security encryption been taken part.
Why you want go with the quantum computer or stick mac pro which is gonna be invent as the updation of the mac series.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:27:48 PM

wawoo Wink a funny one, no such possible end of bitcoin we can see in near future except that when there is world war or shutdown of the internet which seems not to be in the near future.So when the whole economy we can expect such scenario in which there will be an end of bitcoin

Possible ending? Maybe. I believe that it may or may not end. If it will end not in the near future. I believe that the world is going to digitization. Bitcoin is the future. It will evolve or improve and humankind will get to know more about it. With its increasing number of users it will definitely be legalized. There maybe some constraints but eventually we must face that digital currency like bitcoin is  up for today and the future years.
In the form in which bitcoin exists now has no future. This is because bitcoin was conceived as a currency but has gradually turned into an object of speculation. Someday the whales will bring your capital and everything will collapse. You will have to invent quantum computers.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:36:48 PM

I don't think so,
the word 'End' is not applicable for everything, I think it is not also applicable for bitcoin Platform. I believe that Bitcoin will play a vital role in the money market in the world. not only that But also Bitcoin will be the global currency so that Bitcoin is going to be terminated anymore.
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:49:07 PM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ?
no, it may become unprofitable but it can not last long. if it so miners will leave and difficulty will go down and it becomes easier to mine and profitable again. things will go back to normal.

and with the current price which is extremely high compared to what they earn it is super duper ultra profitable.

I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers
this has been argued a lot. search those topics and read them.
it is not how you think it is.

I totally agree with this. And also don't even think that bitcoin will end when no one can no longer mine it. Bitcoin will still continue to be around even if that happens. As long as there is someone using it bitcoin will still be there. And the price will only increase if there is no longer a source of bitcoin because the demand for it will surely increase too.

praveenkumarjb

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:52:13 PM

No. If hackers can use quantum computers and can hack wallets and private keys with high power why can't developers built wallets and encrypt  private keys with high power with help of miners.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:59:09 PM

I don't think so,
the word 'End' is not applicable for everything, I think it is not also applicable for bitcoin Platform. I believe that Bitcoin will play a vital role in the money market in the world. not only that But also Bitcoin will be the global currency so that Bitcoin is going to be terminated anymore.

Possibility! the end of the world means the end of everything if it's gonna be the end, but if it is not nothing can sure end bitcoin in creating a surge of increase, I think it will continue until it reach a $100,000 mark value, but if bitcoin can become a global currency of the future transaction can become convenient and I think we can see something great if that happens,
koeb88

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:03:55 PM

I don't think bitcoin is going to end soon. It is on they way to rise and go global now. Yes, some difficult problems must be solved with governments, taxes and safety, but everyday more and more people are getting into cryptocurrency. New technologies, which based on they crypto market will be upcoming every year. So I don't see an end right now.
Maybe an other Coin with a perfect technology will be the end of Bitcoin, even so, we are still in cryptocurrency.
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:06:54 PM

If you will have Quantum computer (you need about 100 mln q-bits (for now it's about 16 q-bits, but i could be wrong)) it will destroy cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, you will need quantocurrencies in that case)
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:33:50 PM

If there honestly any real threats a hard fork could always be implemented. Yes it pisses people off and we will most likely lose some investment and people who are easily scared, but it would not be the death by any means.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:38:34 PM

I don't think bitcoin is going to end soon. It is on they way to rise and go global now. Yes, some difficult problems must be solved with governments, taxes and safety, but everyday more and more people are getting into cryptocurrency. New technologies, which based on they crypto market will be upcoming every year. So I don't see an end right now.
Maybe an other Coin with a perfect technology will be the end of Bitcoin, even so, we are still in cryptocurrency.
I think no other coin will replace Bitcoin and also the bitcoin will not die. If the bitcoin wants to die means lot of things should happen and all people hate this bitcoin then only it is possible. But now every day the bitcoin users are increased a lot, so it is not possible.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:47:45 PM

My guess on the "Quantum computer destroying Bitcoin part"
is that there will be new software (possibly quantum software) upgrade for Bitcoin to counter any attack from quantum technology. Have seen something of that this nature mentioned somewhere on the forum but can't remember where.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:05:26 PM

I think also it is possible when there is another world war or global shutdown of internet! that's the only possible reason I think that can paralyze all transaction of bitcoin.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

The moment is coming, but technologies do not stay on one place, so I suppose people will create something new to reach their targets.
Actually Bitcoin has many scenarios of it's development and we can't say today which is going to be the truth. Bitcoin is still just in the beginning of it's growth and the world just start to pay attention on it seriously. I think we will find the exactly scenario of Bitcoin's future just in couple of years when the situation about Bitcoin's legalization over the world will be clear. 
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:31:59 PM

You have another problem coming if quantum computers come into existence: they are assumed to be able to crack private keys from public keys. Cryptography in general will be in need of a breakthrough.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:45:17 PM

Buddy, if quantum computers come into existence, it doesn't mean that its the end of bitcoin. The developers will find a way to protect bitcoin from it. I am sure. First of all let quantum computer come into existence. Here we are arguing about a topic which is not in existence itself. So buddy don't screw your brain too much and enjoy your day.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: