Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible End of Bitcoin  (Read 1423 times)
Mrmuscle (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:19:45 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ? I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers to explain these computers are might be 100 million times powerful and useful than todays computers so they would be easier to mine bitcoins with it even if difficulty of mining goes up as tech grows but the thing is Blockchain does not have any protection to quantum computers which i laugh about it so much and when this technology comes out people would start to steal bitcoins instead of mining because its going to be more profitable how come people cannot forsee that for the next 5 years bitcoin is going to make great job but after that Quantum Nightmare of Bitcoin is going to end it up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

Possible ?
Like "end of the world" ?
Have you anidea of the number of projects about Bitcoins all around the world ?
itcoin will end, sure, but only after the end of the world.
Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

Haha this is not even an answer to what i said
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:34:51 AM

You didn't think about the fact that the same quantum technologies will be used and the miners too. There is nothing complicated to boot a computer even if it is quantum. In Code will be added as many characters as you need to ensure that a quantum computer could not find it. Bitcoin is a very complex self-regulating system that will live under all circumstances.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:35:25 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ? I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers to explain these computers are might be 100 million times powerful and useful than todays computers so they would be easier to mine bitcoins with it even if difficulty of mining goes up as tech grows but the thing is Blockchain does not have any protection to quantum computers which i laugh about it so much and when this technology comes out people would start to steal bitcoins instead of mining because its going to be more profitable how come people cannot forsee that for the next 5 years bitcoin is going to make great job but after that Quantum Nightmare of Bitcoin is going to end it up
Do you think technologies improves for only the bad people? With this cpming quantum computers blockchains might also be improved. Improved blockchains and some new hard forks would make the system much more secure than it is now. I dont think such end is near.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:38:25 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ?
no, it may become unprofitable but it can not last long. if it so miners will leave and difficulty will go down and it becomes easier to mine and profitable again. things will go back to normal.

and with the current price which is extremely high compared to what they earn it is super duper ultra profitable.

I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers
this has been argued a lot. search those topics and read them.
it is not how you think it is.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Naster

Activity: 698
Merit: 274

Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:41:00 AM

The question asked by the OP is not so easy to answer.
However, like the bitcoin is was going up, it will exactly move like this in the opposite direction.
To say that after the Quantum nightmare, we will experience the end of the bitcoin? I don't think so, as things will be always done better to adapt to the current situation. Billions of $ are invested in the research continuously as well.

Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:43:46 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ?
no, it may become unprofitable but it can not last long. if it so miners will leave and difficulty will go down and it becomes easier to mine and profitable again. things will go back to normal.

and with the current price which is extremely high compared to what they earn it is super duper ultra profitable.

I think it’s very near and they are called Quantum Computers
this has been argued a lot. search those topics and read them.
it is not how you think it is.

Block chain is not protected as much as you think  and by the way i did not talk about profitablity of bitcoin the thing is why people use such computers to mine bitcoin instead of f*cking up the system nad stealing them all ?
bitalive

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:47:16 AM

I don't think BTC will die because of those Quantum Computers. Those Quantum Computers will be used by Could Mining firms and people will be able to use them just as they buy a membership on cloud mining platforms now. Maybe less profitable, but will sustain.
Smith871

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:50:56 AM

wawoo Wink a funny one, no such possible end of bitcoin we can see in near future except that when there is world war or shutdown of the internet which seems not to be in the near future.So when the whole economy we can expect such scenario in which there will be an end of bitcoin
Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:51:33 AM

Well bitcoin is going up really seriously but i have an possible senario for bitcoin to end first of all mining bitcoin is becoming almost impossible without huge investments so we need better equipment and new technologies right ? I think it?s very near and they are called Quantum Computers to explain these computers are might be 100 million times powerful and useful than todays computers so they would be easier to mine bitcoins with it even if difficulty of mining goes up as tech grows but the thing is Blockchain does not have any protection to quantum computers which i laugh about it so much and when this technology comes out people would start to steal bitcoins instead of mining because its going to be more profitable how come people cannot forsee that for the next 5 years bitcoin is going to make great job but after that Quantum Nightmare of Bitcoin is going to end it up

The question asked by the OP is not so easy to answer.
However, like the bitcoin is was going up, it will exactly move like this in the opposite direction.
To say that after the Quantum nightmare, we will experience the end of the bitcoin? I don't think so, as things will be always done better to adapt to the current situation. Billions of $ are invested in the research continuously as well.

These billions are gonna explore iota and things will change billions are not stable people are going to invest something much more secure and fast which is iota
annmarie

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:52:23 AM

There are things such as pools that when the difficulty becomes to hard for a single person to mine then they can work together in pools and combine their power.
Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:58:45 AM

There are things such as pools that when the difficulty becomes to hard for a single person to mine then they can work together in pools and combine their power.

Why dont you understand why would they do that instead of just hacking into the system ?
EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:16:54 AM

SHA256 is already quantum resistant. ECDSA not so much. However, it is not to difficult to replace ECDSA with some other quantum-resistant public key cryptography technology.

Quantum technology is not a threat to mining. It is more a threat to revealing the private key from the public key (but not just from the address, which is a digest of the public key).
Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:24:14 AM

Well i didnt say that it is a thread to mining it is a thread to bitcoin itself
Mrmuscle (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:43:06 AM

SHA256 is already quantum resistant. ECDSA not so much. However, it is not to difficult to replace ECDSA with some other quantum-resistant public key cryptography technology.

Quantum technology is not a threat to mining. It is more a threat to revealing the private key from the public key (but not just from the address, which is a digest of the public key).

There is no such thing as sha256 is quantum resistent that system is only resistant to todays computers
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:44:55 AM

I do not see the sign of bitcoin coming to an end, but what I see bitcoin is getting stronger and bigger. bitcoin is very difficult to destroy because the ones that make bitcoin always live are people who are active or working with bitcoin. if more and more people are using bitcoin then bitcoin is getting harder to destroy. I think bitcoin will be destroyed if everyone dies or doomsday.

Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:47:40 AM

The end of internet is the end of almost Everything including digital currencies. Although it is unimaginable and impossible that internet will be shutdown, it is the only thing that the world should be afraid of.
Bitcoin cannot be stopped by Government or hackers or activists.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:50:05 AM

Do not speculate much and do not worry much on things that are not yet possible.  I do not think that bitcoin will end that way and neither bitcoin will end.  No one knows how bitcoin will end.  Maybe only the creator of this which is also unknown to us.  Bitcoin cannot be put down by that silly speculation.  It has been tested and proven and no one can steal bitcoin on whatever ways.  Just human error.
hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:53:28 AM

You are beng rather vague about the topic you have brought up.

Computing power is good for bitcoin and will not affect its security. if the rest magically is all mined at once then it will become even more valuable int he mid term after a slight dip in price.

how would this affect security? speed doesn't necessarily mean access. explain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: