Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversifying investment portfolio: new hedge funds and VC  (Read 196 times)
Decelerate (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:58:11 AM

First time poster here.

New hedgefunds and venture capital firms appear to be springing up in the Blockchain space at an alarming rate. I’m looking to diversify my investment portfolio into Blockchain but unfortunately do not have the time to keep up with the latest investment opportunities in this space. So I’m now in the process of doing my due diligence in selecting a firm to invest with and as one component of this, I ‘d like to get some insight from the community on the various leaders in this space.

I realize that most people here are mainly DIY investors and have been following this emerging asset class much longer than I have, and appreciate any insight offered.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:53:18 PM

Yeah keeping up with everything in Blockchain and crypto can be a PAIN!

Have you checked out the new portfolio diversification tool called Totle? You can diversify your holdings into over 100 coins with just the touch of a slider. Pretty cool stuff. https://www.totle.com

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
z0mmarket

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:40:21 PM

You can find couple of good projects and stick with them for long term.
tungaw

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:58:35 PM

Yeah keeping up with everything in Blockchain and crypto can be a PAIN!

Have you checked out the new portfolio diversification tool called Totle? You can diversify your holdings into over 100 coins with just the touch of a slider. Pretty cool stuff. https://www.totle.com

I'm checking on this one. I never thought there will be something like this. Been searching also for diversification app. I wonder if there's a crypto for that since the space needs one.
Trigzilog

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:13:46 PM

Is there really an app for that? IMO it's riskier to rely on other's bias to invest into. We should really study every investment even if it fails.
tocketsearful

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:32:57 PM

I would recommend you check out Coss.io to diversify your portfolio. As a Coss token holder you get fee split share of all the tokens being traded on the exchange. It is still not much but I got over $3 worth for last week in revenue fee split spread out on most coins traded on the exchange. That is for around 53k tokens held. Most of the fees where from Coss, ETH, BTC and Sub. Price of Coss is still about 30% below last high if you calculate in $ price and way below in ETH price. If you look at the price chart for Coss you will see that the price is raising lately and that is not without reason. First coin with trading promotion on Coss will start tomorrow and new UI for the exchange around Christmas time.
defc0de

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:10:04 PM

Investing in ICO's is a really risky move especially when it's your first time venturing into it. It's an unregulated market and anything can go wrong. Aways do your own research and only place money that you can afford to lose to protect yourself just in case the ICO turned out to be a scam.

A safer way to get involved into a project though is to start with airdrops. You literally get the coins for FREE, although there are some airdrops that require you a minimal set of tasks/requirements to join the program. One highly recommended airdrop right now is the one conducted by DeepOnion. They are currently on round 22 of 40 weeks of the airdrop program. You can check out some of the details in their ANN thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006010.0. It's a really good project that is primarily focused on privacy. DeepOnion is running transactions through the TOR network, and they also have an upcoming feature called "DeepSend". It will further obfuscate data via ring signatures. It's an amazing project with a lot of upside potential so getting in early into this coin is a guaranteed success.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: