Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: National Crypto: Decentralized or Not?  (Read 179 times)
tOKENCITY (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:37:14 PM

Wanted to talk about this interesting situation with more and more countries jumping in a crypto-train.

This far, sometimes there's not much info to speculate, but what do you think the general trend would be:

A) independent digital currency with its own ongoing value & exchange rate
B) a currency that is nothing more than a "crypto" version of a regular coin

I didn't do much investigation yet, so if you know of and can list some of the planned national cryptocurrencids that belong in the "A" list, that would be very interesting. At this point, all I know is that Jp's J-Coin rate will mirror that of their Yen, and finding this out today is what's inspired this thread.

In my opinion, "B" type digital currencies can not be deemed legit, in a way – as far as general idea behind cryptocurrency is considered. Decentralization is still the most important point, and when a central bank directly or indirectly has a control of token value.... it's getting closer to fiat than crypto.

Discuss!

Cool
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:58:18 PM

Regardless of both

Don't think both would really do well because they wanted to "control".
But based on how country monetary system like country currencies work, guess it would be more on approach "A" imo
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:12:06 PM

Wanted to talk about this interesting situation with more and more countries jumping in a crypto-train.

This far, sometimes there's not much info to speculate, but what do you think the general trend would be:

I didn't do much investigation yet, so if you know of and can list some of the planned national cryptocurrencids that belong in the "A" list, that would be very interesting. At this point, all I know is that Jp's J-Coin rate will mirror that of their Yen, and finding this out today is what's inspired this thread.

In my opinion, "B" type digital currencies can not be deemed legit, in a way – as far as general idea behind cryptocurrency is considered. Decentralization is still the most important point, and when a central bank directly or indirectly has a control of token value.... it's getting closer to fiat than crypto.

Discuss!

Cool

I think A will be the general trend for now. It will lure people into crypto currency (which is good). In the long term however i think these (LAND) coins will have the same disadvantages as national currency (valuation issues) and people will go into bitcoin.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

is jcoin already release? if jcoin success, I think will many countries will follow japan step. I think option A is more suitable. Because crypto would be better to walk alone or independently.
tOKENCITY (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

is jcoin already release? if jcoin success, I think will many countries will follow japan step. I think option A is more suitable. Because crypto would be better to walk alone or independently.
Not yet. To be released before 2020.
Still possible for another country to take lead.
nesso

Activity: 640
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:36:33 PM

Any centralized coin is against this business. There's no difference between centralized government fiat money and centralized government crypto money. They can create whatever coin they want but we won't use it for same purposes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: