Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you secure your bitcoins?  (Read 1661 times)
MaryCris

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

Like a physical wallet where you can keep your money, cryptocurrency wallets can be on your desktop, in the cloud, or as
an app on your phone. To log into your wallet you will need a username and password. Let's say you have an Ethereum wallet. Your wallet needs a way to communicate with the Ethereum network. The best way to think about that communication is to think about sending an email. Just like an email you need some kind of software to send the email. That’s where your wallet comes in. Same to an email, you can give your public address.There is a second part to your wallet and this is your private key. All someone needs to know to send you money is your public address. The one thing you should never share is your private key. If someone gets access to your private key, they could steal all your coins.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FDC1412

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:28:04 AM

The most advisable and trustworthy for me is blockchain wallet simply because it provide you a free wallet and securing it.

NovaTerra

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:30:45 AM

as for me, I storage my currencies (not just bitcoins) just using a few online wallets and two exchanges)...BTC
Tobias-CrowdDrive

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

To secure my Bitcoins I use a hardware wallet and for exchanges I use 2FA. If someone nows my password they also have to now the 2FA code.
lekam0213

Activity: 275
Merit: 10

We offer our Service

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:43:07 AM

I will not easily exchange it from a wallet, I will research on best wallet for bitcoin,look for reviews and read comments. I also think that asking a friends that are stable here can be a big help also in which wallet is best to keep you bitcoin secure.

***BOUNTY MANAGEMENT***
***COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT***
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:49:02 AM

Hello everyone,

I have been doing research on securing bitcoins in wallets and I was wondering what everyone does. I am currently using a few paper wallets. I don't really like it because its a one way street if you want them secure. I was looking at the ledger nano s and was wondering what people thought about it. How many bitcoins can it hold? should I wait for the ledger blue? any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
CoinChaos

I keep some of my bitcoin on a hard wallet were I have my own private key. I also have some bitcoin on trading site. I have diversified my wallet, that way I can make sure that if onr of my wallet gets hacked, I still have some bitcoin on some of my wallets.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:39:12 PM

Store your bitcoins in your hardware wallet online or offline. All your bitcoins in some addresses and wallets with different private keys because hackers will not target wallets with low bitcoin counts. They are looking for something big that is worth wasting time. Be careful with the websites you access and what programs you install on your computer and phone. Even the best safe applications can be dangerous in the hands of hackers. Cool
skinomanl

Activity: 196

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:51:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been doing research on securing bitcoins in wallets and I was wondering what everyone does. I am currently using a few paper wallets. I don't really like it because its a one way street if you want them secure. I was looking at the ledger nano s and was wondering what people thought about it. How many bitcoins can it hold? should I wait for the ledger blue? any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
CoinChaos

I keep some of my bitcoin on a hard wallet were I have my own private key. I also have some bitcoin on trading site. I have diversified my wallet, that way I can make sure that if onr of my wallet gets hacked, I still have some bitcoin on some of my wallets.

You have chosen the right strategy. I also do not keep all of my coins in one place. This will reduce the risks. I also know that it's best to choose a hardware purse. He will give you security

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
savushkinTA

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

Multiple Bitcoin wallets might be the best solution for you
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:36:22 PM

I do study first the wallet if its trusted like coinpot wallet and its no fee also if you do transaction in some wallet and i already use this since i join here in bitcoin world,i think there are so many scam site or wallet here but if you search a lot you will avoid that and you will have knowledge also to secure your bitcoin

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:23:15 PM

as for me, I storage my currencies (not just bitcoins) just using a few online wallets and two exchanges)...BTC
This is a very common method being used by many of us to save our Bitcoins. The use of online wallets has become a common method for the reason that we do believe in it. But I personally do not feel secure the keeping them in the online wallets. This is because I think that the method is quite vulnerable to a hacking and some other issues which can lead to a major loss.  I preferably believe in the Bitcoin exchanges that offer you a greater level of security needed.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:53:42 PM

Securing my bitcoin has always been my major concern, at times it create fear to me because of heartless hackers who are just busy searching for a wallet to break into. I'm also searching for a reliable means of securing my bitcoin, for now I'm just using  online wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: