Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALT COIN REVIEWS, and ratings  (Read 2166 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:07:41 AM

1. Megacoin A

This coin is not drawing much attention, but boy is it a doozy. ultra highspeed transactions, and has the built in ability to confirm transactions on your machine if nodes are unavailable to confirm. This feature kind of scared me at first when i discovered it, i thought the program had highjacked my machine. It turns out that the developer of this coin built this function in to prevent slow confirmation times in event of an attack on the network. Very clever. This coin would get an A+ if the Dev team and creator were online more often to provide support for the coin.

2. Litecoin A-

Still the standard of Alt coins, over the last few months this coin has gradually begun to die. All of its faucets are drying up, and users are lining up left and right to dump their coins. It appears that Litecoin has run its course and may soon come to the end, but for the sake of the coin i couldn't drop it from the top five just yet. There is plenty of time for improvements to the client and a ressurection of its lifecycle.

3. Digital Coin A-

With a steady increase in value on cryptsy, Digital Coin has proven to be a mainstay in the Alt Currency world. Its fast confirmation times, dedicated Dev team and Transparent Source Code make it a big win in the Alt Coin community. I look for Digital Coin to have a long and prosperous life, however its scant availability to non mining users hurts it a little bit, and so far the Devs have been unwilling to provide bounties for a faucet. Despite this, Digital Coin prospers on, with new fans converting every day and joining the vast community backing of DGC.

4. Name Coin B+

A very secure coin, not much can be said about it other than its average confirmation times. One thing that helps this coin is its ability to store value, where it is the second most profitable Alt behind Litecoin.

5. GLD Coin B-

This coin started out as a very promising coin, but went the way of Game Coin after constant attacks on the network and an early attempt to dump. After being demoted to a secondary market on cryptsy, GLD coin started to regain traction(and value), but a fork was unavoidable. For now the coin is losing and slowly dropping from the scene in the Alt World. GLD coin faithful shouldn't panic yet because after block 21000 difficulty will retarget and confirmation times should return to realistic values. As it stands now, expect atleast 6 hour confirmation times until the retarget. Still, despite all of its early pitfalls and shortcomings by the development team, it is the most traded coin on cryptsy.

Next 5: Franko, World Coin, Novacoin, Yacoin, Bitbar

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:09:36 AM

Huh about the only one that makes sence is litecoin, and maybe digicoin, although u rate it too highly

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:13:12 AM

don't make a thread to promote your coin. Megacoin??? a junk, period. Is it better than Litecoin? in your dream. There are so many (almost all) alt coins better than this one. what a joke, lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:13:51 AM

Huh about the only one that makes sence is litecoin, and maybe digicoin, although u rate it too highly

well go ahead and post your version of the top ten. I started this as a service to the community. we need more opinions on what the best alt is.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:16:58 AM

don't make a thread to promote your coin. Megacoin??? a junk, period. Is it better than Litecoin? in your dream. There are so many (almost all) alt coins better than this one. what a joke, lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin

just because i built a faucet it for the coin, doesnt make it my coin. the only coin i ever had a hand in developing was Bitcoin, and even then i jumped ship/was booted prior to launch. I am currently writing NanoCoin, with a tentative release time of November of this year. You can come and give a critique upon release.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:18:48 AM

Ucoin F+

Its a useful wallet stealer, but other than that is complete garbage. Avast Internet Security advised me not to download the file upon clicking the download link.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:33:07 AM

I started this as a service to the community.

No you started it to promote you're own personal alt interests?

Litecoin (and I'm no litecoin supporter) isn't dieing, all the other alts you mention comibined aren't even close to 1% of ltc following or acceptance, 2nd only to bitcoin and pretty much the only non premined, instamined alt.

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:39:50 AM

Litecoin (and I'm no litecoin supporter) isn't dieing, all the other alts you mention comibined aren't even close to 1% of ltc following or acceptance, 2nd only to bitcoin and pretty much the only non premined, instamined alt.

^^This is pretty much spot on. I predict 3-4 months from now 75% of these alt-clones will be abandoned.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

I started this as a service to the community.

No you started it to promote you're own personal alt interests?

yeah, litecoin is dying. even a blind man could probably see it coming.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:21:08 AM

1. Megacoin A

This coin is not drawing much attention, but boy is it a doozy. ultra highspeed transactions, and has the built in ability to confirm transactions on your machine if nodes are unavailable to confirm. This feature kind of scared me at first when i discovered it, i thought the program had highjacked my machine. It turns out that the developer of this coin built this function in to prevent slow confirmation times in event of an attack on the network. Very clever. This coin would get an A+ if the Dev team and creator were online more often to provide support for the coin.

2. Litecoin A-

Still the standard of Alt coins, over the last few months this coin has gradually begun to die. All of its faucets are drying up, and users are lining up left and right to dump their coins. It appears that Litecoin has run its course and may soon come to the end, but for the sake of the coin i couldn't drop it from the top five just yet. There is plenty of time for improvements to the client and a ressurection of its lifecycle.

3. Digital Coin A-

With a steady increase in value on cryptsy, Digital Coin has proven to be a mainstay in the Alt Currency world. Its fast confirmation times, dedicated Dev team and Transparent Source Code make it a big win in the Alt Coin community. I look for Digital Coin to have a long and prosperous life, however its scant availability to non mining users hurts it a little bit, and so far the Devs have been unwilling to provide bounties for a faucet. Despite this, Digital Coin prospers on, with new fans converting every day and joining the vast community backing of DGC.

4. Name Coin B+

A very secure coin, not much can be said about it other than its average confirmation times. One thing that helps this coin is its ability to store value, where it is the second most profitable Alt behind Litecoin.

5. GLD Coin B-

This coin started out as a very promising coin, but went the way of Game Coin after constant attacks on the network and an early attempt to dump. After being demoted to a secondary market on cryptsy, GLD coin started to regain traction(and value), but a fork was unavoidable. For now the coin is losing and slowly dropping from the scene in the Alt World. GLD coin faithful shouldn't panic yet because after block 21000 difficulty will retarget and confirmation times should return to realistic values. As it stands now, expect atleast 6 hour confirmation times until the retarget. Still, despite all of its early pitfalls and shortcomings by the development team, it is the most traded coin on cryptsy.

Interesting albeit really slanted view of the altcoin world.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:48:22 AM

1. Megacoin A

2. Litecoin A-

3. Digital Coin A-

4. Name Coin B+

5. GLD Coin B-

LOL IM actually laughing. I will bump this in a few months for another laugh
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:54:47 AM

This thread started by a guy who is begging for a loan for an ASIC, which tells me he doesn't have enough BTC or LTC to buy one outright. So he's desperately trying to puff up the importance of some useless chain that he does have LOL Nice try!  Cheesy

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
noel

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:05:50 AM

lol all i get out of this is bashing feast if everyone knows so much where is there list?? and you can not say that if you make a list it would not have any bias in it! and if you do you are FULL OF SHIT!! I wonder about this forum sometimes like the fools who have hi-jacked the Zenith testing coin all because they did not read the devs posting, and got greedy and dumb with mining the test coins. Does anyone stand up for the developer and he's intellectual copyright even if it is released to the public under open source it is still under the developers conditions. Here we see people who can not do it themselves doing a take-over on something that is not theirs to takeover, so if you want to stand up and kick the crap out of someone go and stick up for the dev! Does any one on here have the guts to openly support those trying to have a go and share there point of view??? yes i do expect all kinds of your wrong, full of shit blar blar blar and your wrong i'm right crap..
Noel

My Bitcoin Address is 1A2WeFuxL2WuyoqNAYqKx4P2a5YieYaunp

Donate Please.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:12:00 AM

http://www.hypercoinpool.com/gettingstarted

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
thefendall

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:20:28 AM

you seem to miss one of the biggest characteristics, market capitalization.... some of these are barely worth 20 grand total value, FTC alone is 600 grand and climbing with total volume traded in a day almost as high as all you listed alts combined, i am all for an indepependent rating system, just be thorough and gather all the facts.  Maybe leave alts not worth 100k off your list altogether... maybe then we could leave these fly by night new coins until they have proven they are worth something.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:34:42 PM

you seem to miss one of the biggest characteristics, market capitalization.... some of these are barely worth 20 grand total value, FTC alone is 600 grand and climbing with total volume traded in a day almost as high as all you listed alts combined, i am all for an indepependent rating system, just be thorough and gather all the facts.  Maybe leave alts not worth 100k off your list altogether... maybe then we could leave these fly by night new coins until they have proven they are worth something.

no you're totally right, i should base my reviews on the willingness of idiots to trade/dump/buy/sell it. innovation is only secondary

/SARC

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:56:09 PM

There's a lot of bagholders in this thread  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: