Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin limits  (Read 754 times)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:21:42 PM

Hi all members , I have a question to ask :
I read somewhere that bitcoin market is limited ie number of bitcoins in market shouldn't exceed limits .
Is that true ? If yes; why?
Thanks in advance
No shouldn't, it will not exceed 21 000 000 BTC.
Its in favor of everybody so nobody will damage himself by even suggesting rising limit.
1 BTC can be divided endlessly (currently 8 numbers after .  , but it can be risen to 16 numbers after .).

So u dont need to rise limit, u can scale bitcoin endlessly.
Vadle

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:07:50 PM

I read somewhere that bitcoin market is limited ie number of bitcoins in market shouldn't exceed limits .
Thanks in advance
No shouldn't, it will not exceed 21 000 000 BTC.
Its in favor of everybody so nobody will damage himself by even suggesting rising limit.
1 BTC can be divided endlessly (currently 8 numbers after .  , but it can be risen to 16 numbers after .).

So u dont need to rise limit, u can scale bitcoin endlessly.

Yeah. 21m is the cap
spinach98

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:57:31 AM

Thanks in advance

Each block on the Bitcoin blockchain is able to contain 1mb of data that means the block size of bitcoin is 1 megabyte. This means that there is a limit to how many transactions can fit in Bitcoin's blocks according to the data contained in said transactions.
man1975asc

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:28:54 PM

it will not exceed 21 000 000 BTC ... future hard forks excluded!
maynguyen

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:20:02 PM

By 2140 it will provide 21 million bitcoins but from its release to the end it will have hard times fork it will lose some coin so the value will be less than 21 million this you can find There are quite a few writers on the bitcoin formation that we never exceed the 21 million limit and the day it will be scarce and its price will be high

jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:00:44 AM

Thanks in advance

Yes 21,000,000 pieces of bitcoin is the highest possible number of coin that can be in the circulation
less the coins that was kept on irretrievable wallets and coins that belongs to people who died and
was not able to give their wallets to their relatives.

For me this is the best characteristic that bitcoin has, having a limited number of supply will result to
a higher price in the future and since no one can ever add more bitcoin in circulation this is the advantage
that the coin has over the fiat currency. Inflation is impossible for this kind of setup. If the demand for
the coin goes high expect for a much higher price for each coin because of the limited supply.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: