Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex account was disbaled by RUSSIAN IP ?  (Read 434 times)
rysioslaw (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:08:05 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 08:20:50 PM by rysioslaw

I tried to verify my account but it is impossible to send pictures next time after bad verification.
Then I setup 2FA and written a ticked and wait. After 3 hours my account has been disabled. I am living in London. How it is possible that somebody login to my acc used 2FA and disable it?

https://postimg.org/image/3c0qp3etez/

I checked this IP (95.181.43.86) https://postimg.org/image/qe5p29q27/
It is Russian IP, I am confused  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:29:19 PM

ok, as I see  the logs, it looks like you log in with username and password, then you get challenged with 2fA

The russian ip address tries a few times, but doesn't get through to the actual account.  
On too many tries, the account is disabled for a while, and the next attempt is you trying to log in again.
your attempt reads login_b4_2fa and then less than 30 seconds later you see the log in message (meaning you got 2fa working)

it looks like someone tried your username and pass, but didnt have the 2fa. The things that stand out to me:

1) is the login_b4_2fa showing they have your password and didnt get to the account? If so I would change your passwords and check in to that.
2) There is an entry for your screenshot showing where you created an api access key. As I understood it, that might give someone access to your account, but im not sure. Perhaps someone smarter than me (read that to mean everyone) can chime in here.
3) the attempt to log in from that russian ip address also looks like it happened 7 min after you set up 2fa in the first place. That to me is interesting... 7 min after you set up 2fa your account gets an attempted hijack.

Check back further in the logs to see if there were successful log ins before that.

edited cause im stupid and dont finish my thoughts before hitting submit.
Chol_gol

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:29:53 AM

I have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has been disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a lawsuit against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:
https://t.me/joinchat/BjmOlA2Ir-_l5XhBATHoTg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: