Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent BCC to a BTC adress... and now I don't know where are they!  (Read 250 times)
Snooook (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:39:04 PM

Hi guys,

I'm sure u crossed this b4 so sorry for disturbing. Yet I read so many posts and forums (1 day research!) and found no answer. Either I find people saying don't worry, BCC and BTC have same adresses so u can get back ur funds (but nothing worked) or I find people say very technical stuff I don't get (that's why I came to u IT experts^^).
The situation is very basic: I changed some BTC to BCC in Changelly, then gave changelly a BTC adress to send BCC, instead of giving a BCC adress...what a stupid mistake!! (Tell me there is hope, pleaaaaaaase, these funds are crucial 4 me...)
So guys, please, if anywone already SOLVED this issue and can explain to a beginner step by step how to get back his lost BCC... U'll be my heroes!!
Please don't fill this thread if u don't have a clear solution, and leave room for experts

Thank u all again!
Snooook (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:54:47 PM

Yes

The BTC destination of the BCCs is mine
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:58:15 PM

Yes

The BTC destination of the BCCs is mine
What wallet do you use with that BTC address? If the wallet lets you export the private keys, do that and import them to your BCC wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
Snooook (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:02:05 PM

I use bitcoin.com wallet

So If u can help me with this step by step
Coz I tried to enter my 12 words BTC wallet key in a BCC wallet, and it failed, saying error. Can u try it and tell if it works 4 u?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:10:03 PM

Hi guys,

I'm sure u crossed this b4 so sorry for disturbing. Yet I read so many posts and forums (1 day research!) and found no answer. Either I find people saying don't worry, BCC and BTC have same adresses so u can get back ur funds (but nothing worked) or I find people say very technical stuff I don't get (that's why I came to u IT experts^^).
The situation is very basic: I changed some BTC to BCC in Changelly, then gave changelly a BTC adress to send BCC, instead of giving a BCC adress...what a stupid mistake!! (Tell me there is hope, pleaaaaaaase, these funds are crucial 4 me...)
So guys, please, if anywone already SOLVED this issue and can explain to a beginner step by step how to get back his lost BCC... U'll be my heroes!!
Please don't fill this thread if u don't have a clear solution, and leave room for experts

Thank u all again!

Unless you own the BTC adress, your bitcoinCash is gone.

There is nothing which distinguishes a BCC address from a BTC address; they are both the same format and refer the the same keys, thus a BCC address is a BTC address and vice versa. This means that if someone sends BTC to an address that you created with a BCC wallet, the person who owns that BCC wallet would receive BTC. It won't appear in his BCC wallet, but if he has the same private keys on a BTC wallet, he would receive the coins there and be able to spend it.

So, try to switch chains on the adress of the bitcoin wallet, and it should be there.

SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:11:28 PM

I use bitcoin.com wallet

So If u can help me with this step by step
Coz I tried to enter my 12 words BTC wallet key in a BCC wallet, and it failed, saying error. Can u try it and tell if it works 4 u?
Download electron cash wallet from https://electroncash.org/ and then import the private key into it. The interface is pretty similar to the electrum and easy to use so, you won't have any difficult in importing the key into it.
Snooook (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:38:06 AM

SO HAPPY TO WRITE HERE AND HELP BY GIVING WHAT WORKED FOR ME!! I have a bitcoin.com wallet, and this was the answer of the support team that helped me recovering lost BCH, thank GOD

Hi there,

Please ensure that you set up a Bitcoin Cash sub-wallet within your Bitcoin.com wallet if you have not done so already; there is a video tutorial below for your convenience on youtube, after the adress: watch?v=MyQwUJjTcNY

You will then be able to retrieve the BCC sent to your Bitcoin.com BTC wallet using the following tool (note that you must enter your Bitcoin.com BTC wallet 12 word recovery phrase into this tool): https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcoin-cash-recovery/

Please note that you will need to translate your receiving Bitcoin Cash address (from your Bitcoin.com BCC wallet) to an address beginning with the letter 'C' using the following tool: https://jdonadio.github.io/address-translator/

In the second tool above, paste your Bitcoin Cash receiving address from your BCC wallet and copy the new address beginning with 'C'. Return to the first tool, and enter the new address beginning with 'C' as your receiving address. Once you complete the transfer your BCC will appear in your Bitcoin.com BCC wallet.

Regards,

ENjoyyyyy
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:11:06 AM

SO HAPPY TO WRITE HERE AND HELP BY GIVING WHAT WORKED FOR ME!! I have a bitcoin.com wallet, and this was the answer of the support team that helped me recovering lost BCH, thank GOD

Hi there,

Please ensure that you set up a Bitcoin Cash sub-wallet within your Bitcoin.com wallet if you have not done so already; there is a video tutorial below for your convenience on youtube, after the adress: watch?v=MyQwUJjTcNY

You will then be able to retrieve the BCC sent to your Bitcoin.com BTC wallet using the following tool (note that you must enter your Bitcoin.com BTC wallet 12 word recovery phrase into this tool): https://blog.bitpay.com/bitcoin-cash-recovery/

Please note that you will need to translate your receiving Bitcoin Cash address (from your Bitcoin.com BCC wallet) to an address beginning with the letter 'C' using the following tool: https://jdonadio.github.io/address-translator/

In the second tool above, paste your Bitcoin Cash receiving address from your BCC wallet and copy the new address beginning with 'C'. Return to the first tool, and enter the new address beginning with 'C' as your receiving address. Once you complete the transfer your BCC will appear in your Bitcoin.com BCC wallet.

Regards,

ENjoyyyyy
Thanks for sharing. Is really useful. Bookmarked for upcoming issues with Bitcoin Gold ... Should be then the same procedure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: