Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will happen to price of BTC between now and Friday the 1st of July?  (Voting closed: July 02, 2011, 06:05:14 PM)
Price will stay stable on low volume  and low volitility - 1 (7.7%)
Price will end to the upside on relatively volatile trading - 5 (38.5%)
Price will end to the downside on relatively volatile trading - 3 (23.1%)
Price will crash in a huge selloff in a rush to the exits - 0 (0%)
Price will jump as outside buying demand allows buyers to crush sellers, and push the price to a new normal high - 4 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ­­­  (Read 879 times)
Atom (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 06:05:14 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2011, 08:50:06 PM by Atom

­

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Atom (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 08:27:24 PM

My take

So I was taking a look at the market data over at tradehill, and I gotta say I'm liking what I'm seeing - What was a very thin market yesterday is now starting to stack up with maximum size orders (200BTC max value @ Tradehill per order) at nice tight intervals, which means that any start in movement on the price can be immediately met by someone offering large quantities at near or slightly above market price.   Looking at the attached chart it looks like we're at the end of a brief period of consolodation before the next leg up, and what looked like a parabolic spike (as in bubble) now looks like an initial overreach with the price that was flushed out by the panic last week leaving more BTC in stronger hands.    Really the question is will it get easier to get your $$ into the markets, because right now the wait is at least a week for a new account assuming it goes smoothly, which is ridiculously poor for a financial product as liquid at BTC.  If it doesn't get easier than things could get volatile when all the buyers with $$ and not BTC do their major purchasing, and everyone is left holding.  If the new hands are just looking to make incremental profits and get out, that'll be bad for the market but if they're buying, selling, and rebuying that will actually assist with stability by providing *real* liquidity and arbitrage.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: