Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:44:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you speed up a BitCoin transaction?  (Read 749 times)
gcgipson (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:34:07 AM

Hmm, even when I include a mining fee, my transactions are still taking hours and hours to become confirmed.  Is there a wallet service that would allow me to increase the transaction fee, so as to speed up the transaction?  Would increasing the mining fee even help speed things up?  Thanks.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:25:51 AM

not sure if this is the case, but if you have an unconfirmed incoming transaction and you try to send those coins it will be slow. Electrum lets you choose the fee you pay each time you do the transaction as opposed to blockchain.infos wallet where you have to choose custom send to decide the amount. With the bitcoin qt wallet you can change the default amount in settings I think.

also, I have noticed that when you start sending a ton of bets to satoshi dice, transactions start taking a long time to confirm even when the network is steadily finding blocks...not sure of reason for this
gcgipson (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:11:46 AM

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.  I have heard that satoshi dice makes your transactions slower as well.
gcgipson (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:28:02 AM

I also noticed that I only have this problem when I send the bitcoins out of my blockchain wallet.  When I sent coins out of coinbase, the transfer took less than an hour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: