Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips/picks/predictions are flooding the gambling discussion section  (Read 335 times)
michkima (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:55:09 PM

I posted a while back a thread about this, somewhat not similar to this one as it is asking about whether you guys think these threads should be move.

Now this thread is about the situation here on the gambling discussion section. I believe there are too many of these threads around here and I think it's flooding this section. I see about 10+ of these threads on the first page everyday.

Probably now is the time to create a new subsection for these topics. Since I think they are a class of their own and should be grouped into their own place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:47:00 AM

I posted a while back a thread about this, somewhat not similar to this one as it is asking about whether you guys think these threads should be move.

Now this thread is about the situation here on the gambling discussion section. I believe there are too many of these threads around here and I think it's flooding this section. I see about 10+ of these threads on the first page everyday.

Probably now is the time to create a new subsection for these topics. Since I think they are a class of their own and should be grouped into their own place.

I also notice this growing issue. A lot of that thread are popping everyday and the majority of the author of thread is newbie which I don't know if he really give a real and accurate tips or just posting for farming an account. This threads are flooding while it is a purely redundant topic which can be post in one place. I hope that this issue will be seen by the moderator because maybe later the gambling discussion will be swarm for tipster thread.  Grin
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:27:40 AM

I for one, like that there's so many gamblers willing to share their picks and predictions in the gambling discussion section. Definitely would not be opposed to having picks and prediction section all of its own, I just dont see the issue here. Its not nearly as bad as how it was before the ponzi section got put in.
michkima (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:16:55 AM

I for one, like that there's so many gamblers willing to share their picks and predictions in the gambling discussion section. Definitely would not be opposed to having picks and prediction section all of its own, I just dont see the issue here. Its not nearly as bad as how it was before the ponzi section got put in.

There is still a ponzi section to be honest. The investor based games are all ponzis, I don't think there is one there that is not a ponzi.

About these topics, I just find it unorganized to see so much of these threads on the gambling discussions section and I feel that it is actually ruled by these threads because of the fact that the first page is filled more by these threads.

Another point to consider is that it would be better if they have they own subsection so that people actually looking for these would have a better time finding them in their own subsection.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:37:07 AM

I agree with you, a new subsection for gambling related tips will be good and make gambling discussion clean.

I have also seen many tipster thread in gambling discussion section lately but most of them end up after 1-2 tips. Which is just useless, there are not any reliable tipster here who keep posting picks everyday with good results for free.
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:45:59 AM

I agree with you, a new subsection for gambling related tips will be good and make gambling discussion clean.

I have also seen many tipster thread in gambling discussion section lately but most of them end up after 1-2 tips. Which is just useless, there are not any reliable tipster here who keep posting picks everyday with good results for free.

Not sure why the mods have not yet implemented this recommendation. I think it's pretty much logical to do it. The gambling discussion section is littered with these threads and a lot of times you would only see these threads and not anything else.
michkima (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:53:24 AM

Not sure why the mods have not yet implemented this recommendation. I think it's pretty much logical to do it. The gambling discussion section is littered with these threads and a lot of times you would only see these threads and not anything else.

My exact same question, I think this is getting out of hand and the number of active tipster and prediction threads are flooding the gambling discussion. Which I think should not be the case. The thing is, if this continues, then we'll likely to see two pages full of them and nothing else to read about. So I am proposing to really have these threads moved to their own sub-section here on the gambling section.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:05:47 AM

My exact same question, I think this is getting out of hand and the number of active tipster and prediction threads are flooding the gambling discussion. Which I think should not be the case. The thing is, if this continues, then we'll likely to see two pages full of them and nothing else to read about. So I am proposing to really have these threads moved to their own sub-section here on the gambling section.

I guess you should go to META section with similar proposals.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

michkima (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:17:59 PM

I guess you should go to META section with similar proposals.

Hmm, probably, but generally I think I need some backing from the community first. If there is probably enough interest then we can get the attention of the moderators and the admins so that they can consider this proposal. So far, I have not seen enough interest from the community, maybe this isn't the right time to have it and probably when we all see that the gambling discussion section is filled with these threads that is when the community will notice this idea.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

I don't think we should do that.  If we have a board for every little thing in the world its going to get to crazy.  If you ask me I think we already have too many boards.  Believe it or making predictions is exactly that, a gambling discussion on who you think is going to win or not.
michkima (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:09:15 PM

I don't think we should do that.  If we have a board for every little thing in the world its going to get to crazy.  If you ask me I think we already have too many boards.  Believe it or making predictions is exactly that, a gambling discussion on who you think is going to win or not.

But have you seen the gambling discussion board lately? There are more than 50% of the topics are not tipster, prediction, picks and similar kinds of threads just on the first page. Then there are tipsters that have multiple threads, then new tipsters coming and going, bottom line is that there are too many of them already and for someone like me that don't really look at them, I see them as clutter. There are indeed people looking for these kinds of threads, and if they are grouped into their own section then these people looking for these will have a better time looking for them.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:52:31 PM

But have you seen the gambling discussion board lately? There are more than 50% of the topics are not tipster, prediction, picks and similar kinds of threads just on the first page. Then there are tipsters that have multiple threads, then new tipsters coming and going, bottom line is that there are too many of them already and for someone like me that don't really look at them, I see them as clutter. There are indeed people looking for these kinds of threads, and if they are grouped into their own section then these people looking for these will have a better time looking for them.

Maybe, I don't see them that often to be honest, spend a lot of time on the gambling boards as well.  Heck I have even started a few cause I thought it would be fun to keep track of my stats throughout. Usually they get bumped down very fast and heck, I usually do read them anyway because I am interested to see if I agree with the person posting.  I just hate going to all the different boards now a days..
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:21:14 PM

adding a board will not solve the problem of the flood of spammers .. we need to do a specific benag, so it will not appear again the same new thread .. if this added board will only add new problems because it will pop many threads about the prediction ,, and this will trigger a lot of spammers ..
michkima (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:49:31 AM

I don't think we should do that.  If we have a board for every little thing in the world its going to get to crazy.  If you ask me I think we already have too many boards.  Believe it or making predictions is exactly that, a gambling discussion on who you think is going to win or not.

Maybe, I don't see them that often to be honest, spend a lot of time on the gambling boards as well.  Heck I have even started a few cause I thought it would be fun to keep track of my stats throughout. Usually they get bumped down very fast and heck, I usually do read them anyway because I am interested to see if I agree with the person posting.  I just hate going to all the different boards now a days..

For the likes of me, I do not like seeing them. Since I do not believe in tipsters and predictions. I see them as mere opinions that does not matter. Because, I think they are just in for the money of affiliate bonuses or paying for their fake services. To be honest, if these tipsters are for real and they indeed win a lot then why share it? If they can win consistently then that means they can double your money in just a single bet every time which means they can profit thousand folds in just a few days of betting.

adding a board will not solve the problem of the flood of spammers .. we need to do a specific benag, so it will not appear again the same new thread .. if this added board will only add new problems because it will pop many threads about the prediction ,, and this will trigger a lot of spammers ..

Why would there be spammers? I did not claim any of these to be spam. I do admit they have a purpose but I believe they should be moved to another board, that is all.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:14:27 AM

It might not solve but It will help to relieve the issue. Every week, I saw tipster thread that started by a newbie, It might be used to farm account because the only thing you do is to copy bets on a certain gambling site then post a prediction. Doing that daily will give you 14post=14 activity weekly. And it makes sense that it maybe used for that matter. I'm not against tipster, I just want like OP to be centralized on that matter. If they want to track there status on betting. They can do this on their own by recording it on any documentation app.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:46:43 AM

Well they are indeed flooding this section but... Truth is what do you expect from this section?
If you wanna talk about gambling you have only two main groups of discussions: tips and predictions discussions or talking about new or specific websites.

So you CAN regroup everything in a new sub-section but I don't really see the point.
You want to have something like gambling discussion -> tips and predictions + Website discussions subsections?

Isn't it the same thing as what we already have in fact? ^^
And it's not like most of them are low quality topics. You have tons of actual people knowing tons of things about the games arguing for hours about what bet you should take.

michkima (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:50:27 AM

Well they are indeed flooding this section but... Truth is what do you expect from this section?
If you wanna talk about gambling you have only two main groups of discussions: tips and predictions discussions or talking about new or specific websites.

So you CAN regroup everything in a new sub-section but I don't really see the point.
You want to have something like gambling discussion -> tips and predictions + Website discussions subsections?

Isn't it the same thing as what we already have in fact? ^^
And it's not like most of them are low quality topics. You have tons of actual people knowing tons of things about the games arguing for hours about what bet you should take.

I think gambling is more than tips and predictions. There are legitimate discussions like what are the chances of winning 100 games in a row if you bet at 90% win chance. Discussion about EV, or those gambling concepts.

I really believe there is a need for a separate section for those tips and predictions threads as I think it is clutter here. There are a lot more people looking at discussion about gambling and the concepts than looking for tips for sure.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:55:32 AM

I think gambling is more than tips and predictions. There are legitimate discussions like what are the chances of winning 100 games in a row if you bet at 90% win chance. Discussion about EV, or those gambling concepts.

I really believe there is a need for a separate section for those tips and predictions threads as I think it is clutter here. There are a lot more people looking at discussion about gambling and the concepts than looking for tips for sure.
The chances of winning 100 games in a row if you bet at 90% win chance is 0.9^100 so about 2,65*10^-5 and that's it.
That's the problem with what you call "gambling concepts". It's both easy and mathematical. So it's definitive and there is nothing to discuss about.

You can discuss only about sport games (and also poker to be fair) but that's all! There is no reason to discuss about gambling games simply because anyone with basic mathematical knowledge can answer all your questions, that's not a discussion :/

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9563

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:58:07 AM

It doesn’t bother me, OP if you don’t like seeing the tipster threads just skip past & don’t read them.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

I agree.  Maybe it's time for the sports betting discussions to be separated from the mundane 'Is gambling a sin' threads that have been reaching over 100 pages discussing nothing but regurgitating the same thing over and over.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████