Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion: These are unprecedented times to be in Bitcoin...  (Read 211 times)
hotmetaldobermans (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:05:20 AM

Hey all.  New to the game, and finally signed up for all the things mere days before that major China FUD went down. Lucky me I guess, though I only had the funds to buy less than half a coin.

However, after years of watching, let me say this:

These are insanely exciting times to be in the market.

I often see people saying "It's too late!  I wish I had...", and I think that is ridiculous.  We're only getting started, in my opinion, with the new groundworks of so many different branches of the industry, you are now about to see the second layer of so many good things, with new rivals coming in for privacy, POS, banking, platforms. Our major "firsts" like Ethereum, Monero, etc have clutched the market, but it's only a matter of time before their code is used to rise another, better, stronger branch. Most solid projects are still just babies.

If you need a reminder, go look at the Coin Market Cap screenshot from January 2017.

Don't let China fool you. It's my opinion they will come back in insane ways. I live here, and I know them. As you buy into projects, don't forget home-grown Chinese tokens. They stick to their own like nobody else, and theres over one billion people here, with so much new money it'd make your head spin.

It's also my opinion, that we are seeing unprecedented times for alternative coins.

Right now, many are bleeding.  If you bought in at highs, I apologize, but if you didn't, read until your eyes bleed, pick a few project that interest you, buy in as much as you can, AND THEN WALK AWAY FROM THEM FOR A FEW MONTHS.

Every major dip in Bitcoin at this point adds millions of potential dollars that can (and likely will) flow elsewhere in the upcoming weeks.

I highly suggest you do not day-trade alts right now unless you have serious disposable funding.  If you are down, WAIT!  I burned myself just a tad ($30) to make one swap, and that's my limit.  Not learning any lessons the hard way.

People who are new : Place your bets, and sit on them until the new year, and chances are, you will be glad you did.

Keep panic at bay, and remember, you made these decisions originally for a reason.

Trust yourself.

We're only just beginning, my friends.

Good luck out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: