Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:31:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best cryptocoin?  (Read 930 times)
D35TR0Y3R (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:54:10 AM

What is the best alt coin?

Update: Hi everyone, just to let you guys know that I hacked this account and removed all the negative trust, I've dealt with that scumbag hacker-wannabe extortionist I rooted his fucking machine and stole every last bitcent. I will be in contact with those that he has defrauded and you will be reimbursed fully BM-2D8oHJRsGqH82FDAC2eTEtVmeN7TAVmNBP the1 trojan
OnlyC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:57:39 AM

Litecoin  Cheesy

I think Noirbits has good balanced numbers:

2 minute block time
    20 coins per block
    50 million total coins
    expected run time ~ 9 years
    30 confirms
    Hourly retarget
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:58:43 AM

Litecoin.  Anyone that answers otherwise has something to personally gain by their answer.

Besides Litecoin, you might as well ask "What is the best food?"  You'll get as many differing opinions.  

As far as my opinion goes, I prefer PXC due to development support. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:00:01 AM

Best does not mean most used.

Update: Hi everyone, just to let you guys know that I hacked this account and removed all the negative trust, I've dealt with that scumbag hacker-wannabe extortionist I rooted his fucking machine and stole every last bitcent. I will be in contact with those that he has defrauded and you will be reimbursed fully BM-2D8oHJRsGqH82FDAC2eTEtVmeN7TAVmNBP the1 trojan
Nolo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:01:52 AM

Best does not mean most used.

Well then you'll have to define best.  Best could mean 1,000 different things.  And if you don't like the answers your given, don't ask the questions. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:03:17 AM

Litecoin, but not due to any technical merits (other than Scrypt), but because it has started to be accepted by some fairly big sites (The Pirate Bay comes to mind). If you want to gauge only by the technicals, then Namecoin and PPCoin are probably up there at the top of the list.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:03:40 AM

What about Bitcoin?

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:04:33 AM

What about Bitcoin?

This is the Alternate Cryptocurrencies section Cheesy

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Nolo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:05:20 AM

What about Bitcoin?

You asked what was the best altcoin.  Or did you forget?

D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:06:28 AM

bitcoin is an alt coin too. it's an alternate form of currency.

Nolo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:07:20 AM

bitcoin is an alt coin too. it's an alternate form of currency.

Yes, Bitcoin is an alternative form of currency.  Not an "alt-coin".  

You're working on a different definition than everyone else that posts on this forum, and in particular this sub-forum.  

But assuming we live in a world where "alt-coin" includes Bitcoin, then yes.  Bitcoin is the best coin.  

/thread

D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:08:13 AM

OK, this forum should be renamed.

Nolo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:08:37 AM

OK, this forum should be renamed.

Petition the mods.  They'll get right on that.

D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:09:40 AM

Thanks Nolo I am now going to buy Litecoins, PPCoin and Namecoin.

Nolo

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:10:18 AM

Thanks Nolo I am now going to buy Litecoins, PPCoin and Namecoin.

Good luck.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:32:34 AM

YACoin because everybody can mine it with the CPU.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:43:17 AM

You can mine any coin with a CPU.

D35TR0Y3R (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:43:40 AM

Not bitcoin

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:44:26 AM

Not bitcoin

Why not?

OracionSeis

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:48:03 AM

There is nothing besT! everytime,everything can change

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: