Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussing a new consensus protocol  (Read 366 times)
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:58:48 AM

I'm part of a team working on a blockchain based social investment platform. After much debate about what blockchain to build on, or whether to create a native blockchain, we may have stumbled on a solution.

It involves a new consensus protocol based on NEM's PoI, but it would require deriving the values not purely from node behavior but from contract behavior embedded in meta data, perhaps op_return.

Is anyone interested in discussing this, or can anyone point me towards qualified folks who can help to assess the viability of such a protocol?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:18:25 PM

I'm part of a team working on a blockchain based social investment platform. After much debate about what blockchain to build on, or whether to create a native blockchain, we may have stumbled on a solution.

It involves a new consensus protocol based on NEM's PoI, but it would require deriving the values not purely from node behavior but from contract behavior embedded in meta data, perhaps op_return.

Is anyone interested in discussing this, or can anyone point me towards qualified folks who can help to assess the viability of such a protocol?

The best thing you can do is show some code. "Qualified folks" are too busy working on bitcoin, or on their own projects, to try to discuss something that isn't concrete. If you think you have something better than bitcoin, show us the code, and im sure that the smart people will tell you if you are right or not.

I understand you would not want to show code in order to avoid getting ripped off, but please understand that this is a double edged sword, since if there is no code to show, no one is going to care in a field where there is increasing competition and limited time, that's my opinion
semaforo (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:17:36 PM

The best thing you can do is show some code. "Qualified folks" are too busy working on bitcoin, or on their own projects, to try to discuss something that isn't concrete. If you think you have something better than bitcoin, show us the code, and im sure that the smart people will tell you if you are right or not.

I understand you would not want to show code in order to avoid getting ripped off, but please understand that this is a double edged sword, since if there is no code to show, no one is going to care in a field where there is increasing competition and limited time, that's my opinion

Thanks for the input. It's really that I worked out a reputation system, and realized that the value that it generates could also be used as a consensus protocol. There's quite a few challenges since it opens up many more angles by which the system could be rigged, but most of them are defensible- at least the ones I've found so far. It's purely theoretical so far though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: