Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex warning - please explain 4 things  (Read 530 times)
BitcoinOnFire (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:33:06 AM

1. How do you store my personal data I upload on verification? Are they safe from stealing?

2. What happened to my previous verification data? Do you still have them?

3. If you still have my previous verification data - why do you request to upload them one more time?

4. What is the exact reason you have cancelled my verification?

___

Bittrex users - be aware the exchange may lock your account for no reason, even if you have previously verified with all needed documents and all was good.
Not really safe to transfer anything to exchange and trade.

Another things is Bittrex is not in a hurry to care about their users and fix the problem. Can't trust untill they prove they are worth it

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:50:03 AM

I am sorry but I have had no problems with Bittrex
BitcoinOnFire (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:52:40 AM

I was also happy with Bittrex until they locked my account with no information why. Forced to make another verification which got hanged up do to same reason =unknown. Result = locked account, not possible to unlock, no support help (many people got same problem for few days and still no fix).

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:05:40 AM

Bittrex is sounding shady again, but not near as bad as poloniex.
utrum.io

Activity: 320
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:19:48 AM

1. How do you store my personal data I upload on verification? Are they safe from stealing?

2. What happened to my previous verification data? Do you still have them?

3. If you still have my previous verification data - why do you request to upload them one more time?

4. What is the exact reason you have cancelled my verification?

___

Bittrex users - be aware the exchange may lock your account for no reason, even if you have previously verified with all needed documents and all was good.
Not really safe to transfer anything to exchange and trade.

Another things is Bittrex is not in a hurry to care about their users and fix the problem. Can't trust untill they prove they are worth it

I think they are using a third party provider for verification of documents. Obviously, the third party is doing a bad job.
BitcoinOnFire (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:17:46 AM

Ok it seems my account works again - withdrawal works!!!

<b>However there is still warning message in the basic verification page!</b>

###
###
pfx

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:08:29 AM

I started complaining back in August: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068133.msg21148174#msg21148174

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:50:41 AM

I was also happy with Bittrex until they locked my account with no information why. Forced to make another verification which got hanged up do to same reason =unknown. Result = locked account, not possible to unlock, no support help (many people got same problem for few days and still no fix).
They came out to say only about 1% of the user's account were locked and they are just trying to verify the users. I believe messages will still be passed across to all locked users with respect to that and it feels there are some targeted users anyway. Exchanges are always just the wrongest move and with the level of trust bittrex has had, they should be careful before they end up losing that loyalty.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:05:23 AM

Shits happen, bittrex is under the US government and there have to comply to the US regulations one way or the other. What is a bit alarming is why they did not inform the users before just closing their accounts.

At least there should have been a level of communication, giving them a time line to either verify their accounts or it will be closed. We are talking about funds here and it is just not right to close people's account without notifying them.

I have no problem with bittrex though as I have my enhanced verification done, but I could have been in anyone's shoes.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:40:34 PM

with the level of trust bittrex has had, they should be careful before they end up losing that loyalty.

I am quite a fan of Bittrex in terms of how they have developed themselves, but the thing is that exchanges that were nothing more than shitcoin exchanges back in the days (where Bittrex and Poloniex are the best examples to name up), somehow can't reach a stage of total (or at least almost) professionalism like Bitstamp, Coinbase, Gemini, etc. No matter how large Poloniex has grown in the recent times, it perfectly shows that as quick as they went up in status and market share, that quick can they lose it too. It's almost surreal when you think about how Poloniex has let it go that easily, while they by now could still be the top exchange in basically each and every aspect. I just hope that Bittrex won't end up like Poloniex.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:46:50 PM

with the level of trust bittrex has had, they should be careful before they end up losing that loyalty.

I am quite a fan of Bittrex in terms of how they have developed themselves, but the thing is that exchanges that were nothing more than shitcoin exchanges back in the days (where Bittrex and Poloniex are the best examples to name up), somehow can't reach a stage of total (or at least almost) professionalism like Bitstamp, Coinbase, Gemini, etc. No matter how large Poloniex has grown in the recent times, it perfectly shows that as quick as they went up in status and market share, that quick can they lose it too. It's almost surreal when you think about how Poloniex has let it go that easily, while they by now could still be the top exchange in basically each and every aspect. I just hope that Bittrex won't end up like Poloniex.

The wild card here is that we simply don't know how regulators and law enforcement agencies are pressuring the exchanges. I imagine that the BTC-e seizure in July caught many people by surprise. Given the previously lax KYC requirements of Poloniex and Bittrex, it's no surprise that they tightened things up. After all, the less AML/KYC compliance, the more likely they could get roped into similar money laundering conspiracy charges.

Unfortunately, they both occupy a middle ground between shitcoin exchange and legitimate exchange. Can we really trust them to keep our documents safe? I'm not sure.

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:34:24 AM

The biggest thing that i hate about bittrex is the fact that they try to automatically determine the legitimacy of your personal information - as well as the fact that half of their support tickets are completely outdated and doesn't match up.

I'm pretty sure you'll find all the info you need in their privacy policy + terms and conditions.

I've personally quit using bittrex, because i just don't like the fact that they suspend accounts whenever they wish.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: