Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:23:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: in crypto world it's not about money  (Read 433 times)
benthach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:46:07 AM

all of these scam ico's have tens and hundreds of millions dollar but they can't push out anything. it is not about money and advertising hype in crypto world like most these scam coin or token platforms are doing right now. it's all about team and ability to code.

so, the good coders are already find or have their own place. all the new scams popping up will be pushing out nothing but take your hard earn Bitcoin. their hype scam promises should be worth nothing. take my word for it.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:54:28 AM

I agree. The best projects only raised a fraction of what the current ICOs raised.

NEM for instance started out with only a couple of tens of thousands usd and look where they are now.
Smoothmazi

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:03:25 AM

we're just gonna have to enjoy the ride then. Grin.. But these new ico's have a marketing touch to their projects.
Their slogans should be something like this: "Youre not the best if no ones heard about you" Cheesy

Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:13:12 AM

I don't agree with you. Not all ico scammers. There are many work projects that are being actively developed after the ico. For example: Bancor, 0x, CND, Wings and more other.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
TenderBittle

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:25:45 AM

we're just gonna have to enjoy the ride then. Grin.. But these new ico's have a marketing touch to their projects.
Their slogans should be something like this: "Youre not the best if no ones heard about you" Cheesy

Too real
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:32:21 AM

Yes there are some scam ICOs around here but also there are more then scam icos are being launched. Self regulation ecosystem is growing and too many forum members are trying to spot scam ICOs here.
Bitcointalk has a nice community to spot out scammers.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:34:27 AM

I am strongly agree with you, with a good programming skill you can easily achieve a 'promising' project using existing project, it's only giving a false hope for investors then the owner run away with their profit, so I believe a project who had a strong fundamental app that builds everything almost from scratch, take a look at lbry, well it is a bitcoin forked but it's has a strong working product
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:38:35 AM

Not all of the ICO are scammers and money launderers that wants to steal your own bitcoins and run from it. But to scale the scammers there are 6 over 10 ICO that will probably and prospected scammers out there, we should be more careful in joining them and research their coin and the team. If they are a great coders, good team and have a strong foundation of passion to their ICO and an integrity and transparency to their investors.

deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:42:34 AM

People don't care about that much. As long as they can get huge amount of profits in return. They are okay with that. That's how it works mate. Many ICOs are just popping out of nowhere. I guess people are aware of them. They know they could be scam by them. But not all ICOs are scams. But i agree that most of them are scams. They will get money from investors and distribute tokens and landed an exchange. That's it. It's just another shitcoin landed an exchange. Im not against ICOs. But this is getting out of control. This thing should be regulate to protect people from being scammed by these scams ICOs.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:52:35 AM

all of these scam ico's have tens and hundreds of millions dollar but they can't push out anything. it is not about money and advertising hype in crypto world like most these scam coin or token platforms are doing right now. it's all about team and ability to code.

so, the good coders are already find or have their own place. all the new scams popping up will be pushing out nothing but take your hard earn Bitcoin. their hype scam promises should be worth nothing. take my word for it.

Nice advise. Although we have seen countless post similar to yours advising newbies not to fall for the trap and lose their have earn money. But what do they do? Still invest on those shitty ICO that don't deliver and worst scam you. Its really hard to filter the good from the bad eggs as they are like popping everyday.

Not all of the ICO are scammers and money launderers that wants to steal your own bitcoins and run from it. But to scale the scammers there are 6 over 10 ICO that will probably and prospected scammers out there, we should be more careful in joining them and research their coin and the team. If they are a great coders, good team and have a strong foundation of passion to their ICO and an integrity and transparency to their investors.

Yep, I would say that's a fair assumption that 6 of 10 would be scammers, but how can one protect itself not joining them? None, except to really study the coin and read the whitepaper so see what direction or unique ideas they bring and who is the team behind. Because almost all new ICO's are just a copy or some rehearsed project that only aims to scam investors.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:56:45 AM

Yes good team behind the project and good concept makes any ICO worth for investment but it will be hard to know the real intention of the team members towards the project and its ICO. Most of the ICO ends up without any real product for more than year despite the large sum of funds they will collect during crowdfunding.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:05:32 AM

Yup, but the thing is there are scammers that don't know they are scamming yet (line stolen from de Rose).  They truly believe that they are out their to change the world for the better.  It's funny really because I used to buy all their bull sh*t all the time.  Lucky for me when prices went south, I'd either sell for some profit or sell for a small loss.  I guess bankroll management is the best thing I learned in poker and gambling.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Noxmfs

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:19:03 AM

Some people are fighting over for money. I see the future in the crypto world. One day when everything is regulated and people grow over the greed, fiat will be long forgotten. I really hate to see people losing their mind over money.  You are investing in your future. Prefer taking the quick buck and cashing out when one day you will need to buy-in desperately just because fiat will be the currency that will go extinct?
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:14:05 AM

I agree this time.  There are many scammer,  but who cares, as long we can chose carefully, we can get benefits from it.

xiaoyum

Activity: 266

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:22:50 AM

I completely agree. I try to review all these new icos sitting with my friends, I realized its all about how coders work and how their final product is. Ideas aren't important at all. Some projects shine!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

Some are scams, some are genuine but greedy, and some are 100% genuine and will use all of the generated money for furthering the project.
As with everything else, ICOs cover the spectrum - the good the bad and all points in between. The trick is always to identify which ICOs are the best.

digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:32:25 AM

I partially agree with you, there are tens of thousands of nonsense projects and coins indeed, and they are not booking any progress, however there are a lot of good projects around with a great team and a great community, they are working hard to get their projects working I am involved in great projects and follow them each day, think about Tenx/Pay, OMG, QTUM and Waves, in a few years they will be very succesfull.

gonzalo10

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:01:09 AM

The scammers have become more than those genuinely rooting for the community and its hard to see why skepticism is on the rise. This was always bound to happen and its not going to stop any time soon.
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:18:43 AM

Sometimes, when something isn't done yet, there is a reason why it isn't done or it hasn't become mainstream. E.g. fish flavoured ice cream, steam powered flashlight, just to throw some ideas.

And if it can be feasibly done, is there a reason why it must be done using tokens/coins? Can cash or credit cards be a replacement? If so, then the business plan can be abducted immediately while the team works on getting the tokens/coins right.
IAMHardCoin299

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 02:56:00 PM by IAMHardCoin299

From my research , i see a lot ICO its not scam , but fail with their project.
Their not reached/raised the soft cap and the money refunded to investor.
But some ICO not refund their money , maybe i see 10-15 ICO scam on this years.
But if no ICO = No Altcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: