Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About cryptocurrency/bitcoin debit/mastercard  (Read 207 times)
cryptowilie (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:44:22 AM

Which is the best debit card for bitcoin that can work globally even in places like africa?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:12:19 PM

If by working you mean the ability to withdraw money then they work everywhere as long as the ATM used support Visa or MasterCard but If you mean the ability to create an account and order the card then It really depends, I'm from Africa myself and none of the bitcoin debit cards providers accept my country (at least not for a physical card with higher limits).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptowilie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

If by working you mean the ability to withdraw money then they work everywhere as long as the ATM used support Visa or MasterCard but If you mean the ability to create an account and order the card then It really depends, I'm from Africa myself and none of the bitcoin debit cards providers accept my country (at least not for a physical card with higher limits).
yes i meant that of opening an account and ordering a bitcoin credit card where one could deposit bitcoins then withdrwa at any atm

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:09:57 PM

yes i meant that of opening an account and ordering a bitcoin credit card where one could deposit bitcoins then withdrwa at any atm

Difficult because of the many scammers in the west part of Continental Africa. Most of the countries are flagged by Visa and MasterCard and global financial entities for a higher fraud risk. In other words, for being a hub of cheaters and fraudsters. True, there are dishonest people everywhere on this planet but there seems to be a higher incidence of congregation of such conmen in Africa and India.

I'm in Asia and in Thailand they regularly arrest Nigerians (most recent one was last week) for email and romance frauds (and this "black money" scams). It's a pernicious scam they operate. As a result, sending money to any country in Africa attracts additional questions and tighter scrutiny of the purpose of the transfer. It's not that the bank staff discriminate against those countries. No, it's not that. The flags are built-in on their banking software and the SWIFT system. Same happens with Western Union and MoneyGram.

If I had a company offering bitcoin debit cards, I would just as vigilantly avoid offering cards to such countries. Scammers from such countries take money from vulnerable people on this planet and deceive them in the worst possible ways. Deception is something they seem to have a PhD in.

I lived in South Africa for 3 years where I did my commercial pilot training. I was cheated of 110K Rands when I mistakenly relaxed my vigilance while buying a second hand car in Port Elizabeth. The speed it took them to encash the cheque while one of their "partners" kept me busy with some technical stuff about the car was impressive. Nicely premeditated. While doing the paperwork, they drove off with the car. I still resent and regret the experience very much so the above is what I stand for. Bitcoin debit cards should be offered to those who are very strictly KYC'd to weed out criminals who use these cards to put food in their bellies.

cryptowilie (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 05:19:00 AM

Difficult because of the many scammers in the west part of Continental Africa. Most of the countries are flagged by Visa and MasterCard and global financial entities for a higher fraud risk. In other words, for being a hub of cheaters and fraudsters. True, there are dishonest people everywhere on this planet but there seems to be a higher incidence of congregation of such conmen in Africa and India.

I'm in Asia and in Thailand they regularly arrest Nigerians (most recent one was last week) for email and romance frauds (and this "black money" scams). It's a pernicious scam they operate. As a result, sending money to any country in Africa attracts additional questions and tighter scrutiny of the purpose of the transfer. It's not that the bank staff discriminate against those countries. No, it's not that. The flags are built-in on their banking software and the SWIFT system. Same happens with Western Union and MoneyGram.

If I had a company offering bitcoin debit cards, I would just as vigilantly avoid offering cards to such countries. Scammers from such countries take money from vulnerable people on this planet and deceive them in the worst possible ways. Deception is something they seem to have a PhD in.

I lived in South Africa for 3 years where I did my commercial pilot training. I was cheated of 110K Rands when I mistakenly relaxed my vigilance while buying a second hand car in Port Elizabeth. The speed it took them to encash the cheque while one of their "partners" kept me busy with some technical stuff about the car was impressive. Nicely premeditated. While doing the paperwork, they drove off with the car. I still resent and regret the experience very much so the above is what I stand for. Bitcoin debit cards should be offered to those who are very strictly KYC'd to weed out criminals who use these cards to put food in their bellies.

Thank you sir. for your kind response. I am kenyan though, i live in kenya

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: