Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S9  (Read 1481 times)
jekjekman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:57:15 AM

Just a thought.

Why does Bitmain still sell their Antminers if they know for a fact that its ROI is 6 months.
They have all the opportunity in the world to monopolize Bitcoin mining since they don't
have any competition on manufacturing Asic machines.

Or is it the reason why they always lack supply because they are also investing on it like for
every one machine that they sold another one is being placed on their own mining facility.

I just had this thought because as far as I know Antminer is the only profitable machine
for bitcoin mining and never heard of other company manufacturing the same.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:57:50 PM

Basically they need cashflow. If they'd just mine and dump it all for fiat, the prices would tank. This way they get fiat, they use the machines beforehand and get to fund the creation of the next batches. They're not as bad as everyone's making them sound, though. A lot of money is getting pumped into ecosystem because of that, mining setups are created around the world. Everybody wins. They win more, obviously.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

Just a thought.

Why does Bitmain still sell their Antminers if they know for a fact that its ROI is 6 months.
They have all the opportunity in the world to monopolize Bitcoin mining since they don't

Or is it the reason why they always lack supply because they are also investing on it like for
every one machine that they sold another one is being placed on their own mining facility.

I just had this thought because as far as I know Antminer is the only profitable machine

So never heard of the Avalons from Canaan.io or the eBit miner from eBang or Hotmine.io's miners eh?
Been living under a rock?

All are solid BTC miners and the Avalons have been around just as long as Bitmain's miners, possibly a bit longer.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:51:04 PM

Avalon literally produced the first bitcoin ASIC that was put on the market. Nobody can claim to be around longer.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:03:09 AM

Just a thought.

So never heard of the Avalons from Canaan.io or the eBit miner from eBang or Hotmine.io's miners eh?
Been living under a rock?

All are solid BTC miners and the Avalons have been around just as long as Bitmain's miners, possibly a bit longer.

Are they still producing miners until today?
Tried looking regarding thier product seems that the have much lower hashes than the antminers. This is also the first time I know of another Asic miner  Cheesy
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:09:04 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 02:25:16 AM by Scrappy Do

it is not profitable to buy mining machinery

This made me laugh... literally. It reminded me of many conversations in #eligius on IRC and Luke would tell me nonstop to quit buying miners as they will never pay for themselves.

4 years later I am still retired at 47 and running a 600th/s farm of BTC alone. Not including all the L3's, D3's, and over 100 gpu's.

I get what your saying as the old saying of "People selling the shovels make the real money, not the miners." and historically this is correct. BUT..... this isnt the gold rush of the years past.

The difference is you have to have patience when mining and not be in a situation where you must sell just to pay the bills.

Scrap'

EDIT: For Clarification, I am in the US, and pay .09 electric.
malc027

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:37:15 PM

Electric is 13.9 pence per KW/H in the UK I have a S9 but have sent it to Giga-watt to mine
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:34:03 AM

You may have a 6 month ROI in terms of USD, but the BTC is the opportunity cost.  I spent ~3 BTC on two S9s last January and while I've made the USD equivalent back, I've mined about 2.25BTC (plus a little BCC).  Out of the Bitcoin returned, I've also paid for electricity.  So, I guess it's about cash flow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: