Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:32:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Based Projects  (Read 2312 times)
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:11:12 AM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:26:53 PM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?
The biggest problem I have with power based projects is the fact that in order to be useful they would need to be mass-adopted onto grids. I really don’t see any large power grid companies deciding to try to use any of these new systems for that, and there really aren't any “local” opportunities for people to experiment on a small scale.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:17:27 PM

Check out https://powerledger.io/ if you haven't already. Looks very interesting.

Thank you for that ! I have checked that one and the structure of the ICO is just not ok, with the issue of tokens irrespective of size raised. And Australia and New Zealand has much less potential than Europe going through deregulation and decentralisation through blockchain at the same time.

Yesterday I saw Prosume Energy listing on tokenmarket. What do you think ?

Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:28:54 PM

The biggest problem I have with power based projects is the fact that in order to be useful they would need to be mass-adopted onto grids. I really don’t see any large power grid companies deciding to try to use any of these new systems for that, and there really aren't any “local” opportunities for people to experiment on a small scale.

Thank you for your answer - I think the scale of the projects in the energy space can be problematic if it is not a real team that already has built up substantial connections and pilot projects with the large utilities.

The deregulation that will take place especially in Europe will be a driving force and the peer to peer platforms that will develop are natural for tokens - which may enable long term value. Deregulation at the same time as decentralisation through blockchain can be the number one driver across the token space.

In Europe, there is only one that I have found so far - Prosume Energy - team members with extensive energy experience AND blockchain backgrounds, and then advisors from Ernst and Young as well as a sovereign wealth fund.

I agree with you that serious contacts are needed - but look at that team and their project.

Prosume Energy - what do you think ?
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:33:15 PM

Powerledger are relative new IMO but could work well if you actually look at their whitepaper.

While we have Gigawatt tokens too, but i think they are not fully focusing on the Energy market but more on Energy vs Mining Profit ratio as IIRC their mission is to get the highest mining profitability while lowering the cost of electricity
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

Powerledger are relative new IMO but could work well if you actually look at their whitepaper.

While we have Gigawatt tokens too, but i think they are not fully focusing on the Energy market but more on Energy vs Mining Profit ratio as IIRC their mission is to get the highest mining profitability while lowering the cost of electricity

Yes - I did check their whitepaper and the whole space is very interesting and of course I believe in the sector strongly. Their pre sale was also very impressive considering their geographical focus. However, I decided against it due to the structure and the belief that they will be outplayed relative quickly by other players in the long run.

Will have a look at the Gigawatt tokens as you mentioned, thank you - have just scanned them before, but will check in detail.

Generally I find it amazing that there are not more energy projects but as I said above, to make it real it has to be a serious large team with experienced professionals that already has the connections to the state run utilities and pilot projects already going, which narrows the space.

Prosume Energy seems to be alone for now.
OneUserOne

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:58:50 PM

There are a few energy-based projects, namely Pylon Network, Suncontract, WePower, Greeneum, though it's hard to talk about its investment potential, including risks, as they are relatively newly established.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:14:04 PM

There are a few energy-based projects, namely Pylon Network, Suncontract, WePower, Greeneum, though it's hard to talk about its investment potential, including risks, as they are relatively newly established.

I completely agree with you - risks are difficult to gauge due to the size of the market and necessity to be an established player relatively quickly in terms of relations to existing utilities.

It is imperative that one goes for the right team with the right existing set up including pilot projects I believe. I have checked the ones you mentioned above before and must say they are quite narrow in their own ways not very impressive - and I am not sure if they have to he clout to get the necessary things done.

I keep on looking and so far Prosume Energy seems to be the only "real" player.

https://prosume.io

How do you think that compares to the once you mentioned from your point of view ?
PowerfulGuerilla

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:58:02 PM

It's necessary to do the due diligence to be sure that one or another project will become profitable, otherwise, there is no point of investing in any project.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:26:07 PM

It's necessary to do the due diligence to be sure that one or another project will become profitable, otherwise, there is no point of investing in any project.

Totally agree. You are right.

Due diligence is key.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:43:54 PM

ODMCoin Investment blockchain option the Oil and Gas sector. https://odmcoin.com/
Cherrysan

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:50:57 PM

I'll leave you this article about three projects that may interest you:

https://www.thememo.com/2017/10/16/three-companies-democratising-sunshine-with-blockchain/

I wast just reading on them.
oleknudsenbit

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:52:31 AM

I keep on looking and so far Prosume Energy seems to be the only "real" player.

https://prosume.io

How do you think that compares to the once you mentioned from your point of view ?
oleknudsenbit

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:23:31 AM

I have not posted before, but this does look like a great opportunity. What a team.
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:57:24 AM

Sun contract. It's an ERC20 token. Not really psyched about it. They tend to put exchange of solar energy on the blockchain using existing energy infrastructure. In that sense, energy giants are still in control, this project is just doing business with lower marginal cost. At the end of the day the line operator from these energy companies has the say on which line they let people use.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:14:25 AM

Sun contract. It's an ERC20 token. Not really psyched about it. They tend to put exchange of solar energy on the blockchain using existing energy infrastructure. In that sense, energy giants are still in control, this project is just doing business with lower marginal cost. At the end of the day the line operator from these energy companies has the say on which line they let people use.

Thank you - i agree this one has serious risks - as I stated above I think the driving force of success will be size, experience and contacts across the utilities spectrum, especially in Europe. And I have only found one project so far that ticks the boxes.
Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:35:33 AM

Check out https://powerledger.io/ if you haven't already. Looks very interesting.

Yea power ledger wonderful project, joined in there ICO
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:48:11 AM

But what if the energy companies choose not to play with them?
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

Powerledger is absolutely in the right sector, but their geography is suboptimal for long term success and the structure of the ICO was abysmal, with token issuance irrespective of size raised, I.e. any token buyers are immediately diluted and will lose out long term.

Look at Prosume Energy - more experienced team including Ernst and Young advisors and sovereign wealth fund advisors, Europe based towards the global market, and a correct structure. I think they will blow Powerledger out of the water.

And they already have pilot projects with leading utilities I believe.
Mertalot

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:02:53 AM

Do they have a bitcointalk thread? Like announce or something?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: