Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Based Projects  (Read 2312 times)
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:46:51 AM

Check out https://powerledger.io/ if you haven't already. Looks very interesting.

Do they have a bitcointalk thread? Like announce or something?

Yes they do. But their ICO is over, and now the market will be flooded with tokens since they issued something like 400 percent of what was raised.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2003922.0

Have a look at Prosume instead. Better team, better geography, infinitely more opportunities.

https://tokenmarket.net/blockchain/ethereum/assets/prosume/
peterschmidthh

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

Hi, i have found this board after reading about energy in another. Besides Grid + and Prosume Energy that both could be successful because of different reasons, any other interesting energy projects ?
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:07:21 AM

Hi, i have found this board after reading about energy in another. Besides Grid + and Prosume Energy that both could be successful because of different reasons, any other interesting energy projects ?

There are several smaller mostly renewable and solar based such as Suncontract and Pylon Network, but they do not even come close to the two you mentioned in terms of clout, team stature and place in the market.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:11:35 AM

Energy based projects are promising projects. I keep an eye on wepower and some others.
wepower has goverment support so thats a big opprtunity to gain more money.
And there are few others but my fav is wepower
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:17:46 AM

Energy based projects are promising projects. I keep an eye on wepower and some others.
wepower has goverment support so thats a big opprtunity to gain more money.
And there are few others but my fav is wepower

I agree with you, they are the promising projects. Wepower does have the Lithuanian backing, but I am not sure the blockchain adoption is necessary and revolutionary in their case. And I don't think their model goes far enough.

What do you think of Prosume ?

https://prosume.io
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:07:06 PM

Energy projects for me seem a bit difficult to comprehend, there are some practical questions which i need answering, who generates the energy? How does it reach the consumer? And is the consumer willing to get involved with payments in crypto currency?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
oleknudsenbit

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:33:15 PM

Energy projects for me seem a bit difficult to comprehend, there are some practical questions which i need answering, who generates the energy? How does it reach the consumer? And is the consumer willing to get involved with payments in crypto currency?

Well, I believe it depends on the project - some are just for investing which I think is rubbish, but then others have wide reaching plans - I am looking into Prosume Energy and have some questions I will ask them - they seem to have the most competent energy team and a wide range of applications.

https://prosume.io

info@prosume.io
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:01:59 PM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?
I've learned over the years that most coins that feature energy or another form of intuitive action from the economy (other than money) don't really do too well in the markets.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:16:27 PM

Check out https://powerledger.io/ if you haven't already. Looks very interesting.

Yea power ledger wonderful project, joined in there ICO

Powerledger is absolutely in the right sector, but their geography is suboptimal for long term success and the structure of the ICO was abysmal, with token issuance irrespective of size raised, I.e. any token buyers are immediately diluted and will lose out long term.

Look at Prosume Energy - more experienced team including Ernst and Young advisors and sovereign wealth fund advisors, Europe based towards the global market, and a correct structure. I think they will blow Powerledger out of the water.

And they already have pilot projects with leading utilities I believe.
yes you might find hydrominer intresting too. their ico is running now i think they have a good project and great for future. its about a n energy to mining coin and its a good idea and they make it real. its worth to visit the site thought

Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:22:10 PM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?
I've learned over the years that most coins that feature energy or another form of intuitive action from the economy (other than money) don't really do too well in the markets.

I agree with you in respect to of the projects that have already been done. And I really think that the energy projects have teams that will never be able to deliver - and never will be able to develop the government / state owned utilities contacts that are necessary. Hence the sector has the highest chances if the right project and set up is found. I have only found 1 / 2 so far.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:31:41 PM

Energy based project are very popular because of the benefit it could bring will affect a lots of people! One energy based ICO  on my radar has been Powerledger! I have to trade powerledger for Spectre.ai because in my view it will take years for pl to achieve some of the thing i saw in it's roadmap. Spectre.ai on the other hand has already working software with industry respected practitioners on board working towards brokeless trading platform.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:32:40 PM

hi, i am new.
But have red some energy projects.

And do not understand how blockchain can be useful in this area.

As far as i understand there has 2 different enrergy ICOS.
1) Invest in green energy ico. This ICO team will do invest in real green nergy projects and give u profits, which is just a hedge fund.
2) to do revoltution in energy market, which in my opnion is nearly impossible because it would include penerating hevaily regulated market

correct me if I am wrong

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:50:56 PM

hi, i am new.
But have red some energy projects.

And do not understand how blockchain can be useful in this area.

As far as i understand there has 2 different enrergy ICOS.
1) Invest in green energy ico. This ICO team will do invest in real green nergy projects and give u profits, which is just a hedge fund.
2) to do revoltution in energy market, which in my opnion is nearly impossible because it would include penerating hevaily regulated market

correct me if I am wrong

Hi, I by no way am an expert in this field, but I have informed myself as good as I can in order to not make mistakes first of all.

I think 1) is a recipe for disaster - where is the edge ? There are people who have been involved in green energy forever and the blockchain revolution does not help in any way - I have checked the teams of most and it is underwhelming to say the least. I doubt it all very much.

2) I actually agree with you due to regulation etc - that is why I think it is IMPERATIVE that the right project is chosen. Contacts to the large utilities (and preferably pilot projects already going on) is what will define them. The team needs to not only have a massive energy background, but also blockchain experts from the community, as well as the right backing from other fields.

Most will fail and do not have these things going for them. I also think geography plays a big role in the future. Deregulation will take place and decentralisation at the same time through blockchain can be explosive.

I have only found one "real" project and that is Prosume Energy - amazing team, backgrounds from both energy and blockchain and advisors from known institutions such as Ernst and Young and sovereign wealth funds. No cowboy marketing either, which I like.

Of course, I do not have the answer by any stretch, but when taking a risk only something like that is the place to be.
ENERGYWIZ

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:24:29 PM

Personally I have decided to invest into PROSUME.IO fundamentally because I have now received a series of endorsements in their favor from outstanding industry pro's and based on the due diligence in respect of their team members, many of which are prominent players in the energy industry, both old and new economy...

They're real
joefdavid

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:41:34 PM

I like the thinking behind a few of the energy based ICO's but the compliancies to grids etc and other barriers could be a huge issue!
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:55:22 PM

I like the thinking behind a few of the energy based ICO's but the compliancies to grids etc and other barriers could be a huge issue!

I totally agree - one needs the right project with the correct set up and team - only the real projects will survive. And there has only been 1 or 2 so far.
thomaspeetersalt

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:07:07 AM

I totally agree - one needs the right project with the correct set up and team - only the real projects will survive. And there has only been 1 or 2 so far.

Which ones do you think are the real ones ?
i-synthestech

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:30:29 AM

Energy based projects with developed technologies seem to be the leading in ICO
thet really have nice potential
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:33:53 AM

Which ones do you think are the real ones ?

There are many smaller ones, and green energy specific in different forms - but for long term viability in the energy space, a 100 % reliable team is necessary and a set up that includes relationships with utilities and pilot projects and a way in to first participate with the large players before gaining advantage from upcoming deregulation.

Really only Prosume Energy fits that bill with a team including advisors from Ernst and Young and sovereign wealth funds. Check it out, very impressive. Grid+ is different but in the same kind of quality I would suspect.

The rest is difficult to gauge - I do not think there are any that have the same level of professionalism.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:03:58 AM

...might want to check SLR

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: