Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Based Projects  (Read 2312 times)
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:07:39 AM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?

There are some projects that are energy based such as wepower and a lot more. It's great that developers are taking advantage of cryptocurrency to help the environment. I think it's good to contribute to this projects because this way we can utilize both cryptocurrency and our environment in an effective way.
oleknudsenbit

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:16:36 AM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?

There are some projects that are energy based such as wepower and a lot more. It's great that developers are taking advantage of cryptocurrency to help the environment. I think it's good to contribute to this projects because this way we can utilize both cryptocurrency and our environment in an effective way.

I totally agree. Here in Scandinavia it has been something we have focussed on for a long time. Integration of blockchain technology is great as well, but let's be serious - most of these projects do not have anything to do with the the integration per se, and most are just pure players playing on the solar or green energy boom without the necessary contacts or teams or backgrounds to do anything beyond what normal solar companies have done for ages - and it does not take away from the challenges - i.e. if the returns on solar collapse as they have already done a few years back, the tokens are more than vulnerable.

The solution has to be more holistic I think. Wepower has no place at all as being an "energy project" I think. They are not providing any long term changes and advantages from the deregulation and decentralisation that will be like a massive boom.
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:24:15 AM

...might want to check SLR

I totally agree. Here in Scandinavia it has been something we have focussed on for a long time. Integration of blockchain technology is great as well, but let's be serious - most of these projects do not have anything to do with the the integration per se, and most are just pure players playing on the solar or green energy boom without the necessary contacts or teams or backgrounds to do anything beyond what normal solar companies have done for ages - and it does not take away from the challenges - i.e. if the returns on solar collapse as they have already done a few years back, the tokens are more than vulnerable.

The solution has to be more holistic I think. Wepower has no place at all as being an "energy project" I think. They are not providing any long term changes and advantages from the deregulation and decentralisation that will be like a massive boom.

This is a great comment. Be careful in the energy space. Look at the losses from outright solar investments in Italy and Spain as the payment structure changed.

Make sure the projects you support are clearly with professional teams and have an upside that goes beyond the "normal" upside of the underlying business ex blockchain - there in the end there will be massive losses.

Look at Grid+ and Prosume Energy - they seem to be by far the most competent. Powerledger has a great idea, but the structure of their ICO clearly shows the upside will not be with an ICO participants and only with themselves.
simonmeierswiss

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:09:50 PM

There seems to be a consenus among long term blockchain practicioners that energy is one of the most promising sectors due to size and possibilities.
Leesongsong

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:15:51 PM

Be careful in the energy space. Always make sure that the projects that you support are clear with its professional teams. They also need to have an upside that goes beyond the "normal" upside of the underlying business ex blockchain to prevent a massive losses.
oleknudsenbit

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:29:21 PM

Be careful in the energy space. Always make sure that the projects that you support are clear with its professional teams. They also need to have an upside that goes beyond the "normal" upside of the underlying business ex blockchain to prevent a massive losses.

200% agree. Check out Prosume.
ENERGYWIZ

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:29:41 PM

I've been reading all I can about energy related projects.
I really know they are desperately needed and that blockchain related technologies, smart contracts, are the only way forward for Utilities, Grid Operators and for possible peer to peer communities. I'm reading a lot about Prosume, which appears to be moving in this direction and to have a pretty impressive team coming from all backgrounds, software, finance, trading, Oil and Gas and RE, startup people, etc...

I'm giving them a chance
ENERGYWIZ

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

I'm really not so sure at all about SRL.
Solar on its own isn't sufficient. I like players having a variety of energy related competences and that work with an ecosystem of different generation sources.
Solar is a non programmable energy resource. Blockchain technologies can certainly provide various tools to the solar industry, but the real disruption comes when you cater to Utilities and Transmission System Operators with blockchain based solutions and build a holistic platform in which even traditional generation sources are included and storage and electric vehicles are already taken into consideration. That's where the world is going and very very fast.

I have found only a couple of players which have the team to build such a plan and which are clearly stating they are moving in this direction.
SLR is just focusing on a small segment of the energy market which by the way, is pretty recent and pretty banal... Solar is a very basic technology with very predictable behaviors and even if blockchain can improve a large number of factors it isn't there that we will see the most relevant disruptions.

That's my take
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:11:17 PM

I'm really not so sure at all about SRL.
Solar on its own isn't sufficient. I like players having a variety of energy related competences and that work with an ecosystem of different generation sources.
Solar is a non programmable energy resource. Blockchain technologies can certainly provide various tools to the solar industry, but the real disruption comes when you cater to Utilities and Transmission System Operators with blockchain based solutions and build a holistic platform in which even traditional generation sources are included and storage and electric vehicles are already taken into consideration. That's where the world is going and very very fast.

I have found only a couple of players which have the team to build such a plan and which are clearly stating they are moving in this direction.
SLR is just focusing on a small segment of the energy market which by the way, is pretty recent and pretty banal... Solar is a very basic technology with very predictable behaviors and even if blockchain can improve a large number of factors it isn't there that we will see the most relevant disruptions.

That's my take

Well said. Anyone interested should look at Grid+ and Prosume Energy. Whereby I think Europe has the largest potential from deregulation.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:50:32 PM

There seems to be a consenus among long term blockchain practicioners that energy is one of the most promising sectors due to size and possibilities.
Many impressive projects, this needs to be supported because the energy crisis will cause shocks to the world economy.
Energy reserves are few and we must create new energy.
such as solar, water, gas and wind energy must be used as a new energy source.
thomaspeetersalt

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:59:59 PM

Many impressive projects, this needs to be supported because the energy crisis will cause shocks to the world economy.

Absolutely. But it is not only about this. It is all about integration of blockchain technology and the general deregulation of the markets. Hence the upside for energy projects is massive. They need to be the right projects though with the right set up. I have only found Prosume so far. Hope there will be more.
nicolasduboismin

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:19:37 PM

Absolutely. But it is not only about this. It is all about integration of blockchain technology and the general deregulation of the markets. Hence the upside for energy projects is massive. They need to be the right projects though with the right set up. I have only found Prosume so far. Hope there will be more.

Yes. 100 %.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:18:32 PM

I now support WePower. I think it is quite promising. And I agree that this is one of the most promising areas.

simonmeierswiss

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:00:35 AM

I now support WePower. I think it is quite promising. And I agree that this is one of the most promising areas.

Yes. Energy is the place to be. The opportunities are much bigger than pretty much every other sector. Wepower does not have the potential of Prosume though.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:59:06 PM

It seems as if Prosume Energy and Grid+ are viewed as the two leading energy projects.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:22:38 PM

I agree about that  a lot of ICOS are just using GREEn ENRGY name, but have no potential and real use of their product.
Also Agree on WePower- they are sort of HedgeFund which is nothing interesting.

Have yet to read about Prosume which is recommended in this Thread

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:23:51 PM

I might be wrong, but energy tokenization sounds like the new "Computer power tokenization"(golem, sonm, iota, etcetc)... huge supply, huge roadmap with nothing to show untill a year or 2.. crazy ideas that sounds kind of sci-fi...

at the end of the day investors prefer realistic projects with low market cap, low supply an a roadmap with a year at most to complete. That´s why NEO or ZEN mooned.. maybe in 5 years this projects are worth a lot, but untill that it´s mostly possible you will have your coffe break watching red numbers for a long time.

Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:00:26 PM

I might be wrong, but energy tokenization sounds like the new "Computer power tokenization"(golem, sonm, iota, etcetc)... huge supply, huge roadmap with nothing to show untill a year or 2.. crazy ideas that sounds kind of sci-fi...

at the end of the day investors prefer realistic projects with low market cap, low supply an a roadmap with a year at most to complete. That´s why NEO or ZEN mooned.. maybe in 5 years this projects are worth a lot, but untill that it´s mostly possible you will have your coffe break watching red numbers for a long time.

Well I think that there is a wide array of projects and what is very important is that they already have pilot projects with large utilities for example, which will speed up any progress. The massive size of the market means the upside is potentially massive.

Of course marketing ploys are different and will struggle to do anything with what they raise.

But look at something like Prosume Energy - existing projects, relationships with leading utilities all across a Europe and a team that even includes sovereign wealth fund advisors as well as Ernst and Young.

The short term is positive, but of course the long term is where the upside is potentially unbelievable.
peterschmidthh

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:46:51 AM

Amazing that such a large sector with such transformative propositions only has one or two real projects that should be backed, Prosume and Grid+, when other rubbish sectors are full of useless projects.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:49:31 AM

It could definitely, however then it could not be a great idea either.

If you're talking about mining related projects such as the one that i'm advertising in mysignature then do your own research and your own diligence and go for it if it's the right fit for you. It probably won't be for everyone, but the idea of reducing energy costs on mining is definitely intreesting to me.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: