Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much will cost us one successful ICO product (startup)?  (Read 118 times)
ai_emoz (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:19:20 AM

Have you ever thought about how much will cost us in the end one successful ICO product (startup)?
I did and I can't sleep now))

Let’s start from definitions.
ICO is a way to finance something which uses blockchain technology.
That something is a group of people which come together for some business idea realization.
So it’s a startup yeah? technological startup, doesn’t it?
Good news! So it’s not some strange animal anymore it’s something that we deal with for tens of the years.
We know a lot about startups, and we know that the crucial factor for successful startup is a team quality not the idea or technology quality.
So we should worry about the ICO team performance/metrics much more than a technology actually – how they can work together, do they have complementary competences, how they can hold a pressure and so on and so force. By the way all of these you can’t purchase for money or get quickly. But we don’t.       

Let’s translate into numbers what it can cost us.
SEP was a great month for ICO’s - $850M for 37 projects (according to Bloomberg , they count meaningful I think) so, $23M per project.
In a venture funding terminology most of the ICO startups are on the seed stage.
So, average venture seed round is $1M vs. average ICO in is $23M.
You understand what I mean?
Statistically ~99,5% of startups are unsuccessful, it’s a fact.
So, one successful VC financed startup cost us (economics) – $200M.
But one successful ICO financed startup will cost us 23 times higher – $4,6B, yeah incredible $4,6B.
That’s just not effective!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: