Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin in a World War scenario  (Read 261 times)
Sunshine90 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

Just thinking, what would be the case in a scenario like

1. North Korea launches a successful nuclear missile to the USA. A war breaks out. Will the Bitcoin be seen as a safe haven?

2. What about if this leads to the World War III? Will the biggest victim be fiat or cryptocurrency?
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:11:21 PM

A World War will most likely affect all currencies unless the war is localized to neutral battlefields.
I don't see World War happening anyway. N0rth K0r£a too little to cause a World War.. Would Russia or any large country side with real aggressor? I guess not
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

Well there is no one answer to this question, in case of a nuclear winter there will be no internet, no electricity, no law and order so in that case any currency will become useless, The chances of bitcoin becoming a safe haven in case of world war 3 are very slim. I don't see people residing to something virtual which will provide them zero value in the brave new world.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:38:23 PM

first thing first, let's hope it will never happen.
Second, i would care bit more about my family and how to survive in case of nuclear war/bombing and so on.. for sure BTC will not be the first thing in my head (although crypto may become toilet paper in a matter of second).
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:45:55 PM

1. North Korea launches a successful nuclear missile to the USA. A war breaks out. Will the Bitcoin be seen as a safe haven?

2. What about if this leads to the World War III? Will the biggest victim be fiat or cryptocurrency?

I think if world war happened I think we will think about our safety first, how are we going to survive in the middle of this kind of societal circumstance, I think It will deprived us from working here and stay in evacuation area most of the investor will stop inveating here and keeping their funds safe so after war they can use it, in a nutshell it will gone, cause the fact that workers are gone bitcoin will extinct.
leisha

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:56:46 PM

World War is a scenario which almost all of the countries fight each other and lots of infrastructure were destroy. Internet and electricity might be gone. If World War happens, bitcoin might be useless because it depends to the internet and needed electricity.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
grapevin

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

I collect coins and tokens. HODL!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:05:09 PM

Silly question.
WW3 is not going to happen. Korea aint going to do squat.
Stop watching the news, they just trying to trick and scare you.
If you are going to choose to worry about something (why?!) worry about your hearts health or what you are eating.
Also no matter what happens to you or Korea BTC is going up so stop worrying!

I am looking for a new bounty campaign!
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:58:58 PM

1. Possibly. It's more likely for a global recession to take place though. I have no idea what will happen to Bitcoin then.
2. We'll all be victims. World War III with so many nuclear powers might actually end civilization as we know it.
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:52:34 PM

A World War will most likely affect all currencies unless the war is localized to neutral battlefields. The chances of bitcoin becoming a safe haven in case of world war 3 are very slim. first thing first, let's hope it will never happen.
clubchain

Activity: 95
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:25:10 AM

If there is a real world war, then I believe the global financial system will be affected.
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:26:44 AM

there is already world war against btc currently
noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:52:17 AM

I think that if world war broke out then the legal currency of all countries would become useless and the price of bitcoin will continue to rise and rise to incredible levels. Because it is unregulated, it can circulate in all countries of the world. When the war breaks out, countries will not arbitrarily trade goods and materials will be manipulated. Then the advantages of bitcoin will be reflected.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:29:44 AM

Just for the hell of it, I’m going to pretend the only thing you have to worry about is your money when the fallout starts raining down.

If your country is one of the combatants you will most likely lose all access to the internet because your country will need to control the flow in information. Former shipping lanes (railroads, highways, waterways) will become military targets and under military control. Because of the control of shipping lanes it’s likely that normal commerce will cease to exist. The means of production will be aimed at military uses and civilians will be given products necessary for population survival by marshall law deliveries.

Under the above WW III scenario, the currently used fiat will be suspended. Military scrip will likely replace any form of currency used to buy anything. Most staple products can only be purchased from government distribution centers. Millions will die from radiation exposure or starvation. Currency between individuals will be anything of value. Things like medicine, gasoline and food will be the new money. Bitcoin will be nonexistent.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: