Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:01:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Cancelled ()  (Read 933 times)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:53:30 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 03:25:23 PM by Teka

Hi,

This an official announcement of the "Credit card shaped 16GB USB sticks with engraved Bitcoin logo" project.This usb stick is now available for pre-orders. I need to sell at least 24 units otherwise the project has to be cancelled. I'm accepting bitcoin and paypal as a form of payment.This usb stick can store:

7618 photos
or 3809 MP3s
or 30.47 feature length films in Mpeg format

The 16GB is also great if you want to install a linux operating system on it. Think of it as a usb stick in the shape of a credit card.

The USB Card pushes the boundaries of slim design. It’s just 2.60mm thick but it still features 16GB of solid state memory. The stunning metallic finish presents a crisp and professional image and, of course, the USB Card features engraved bitcoin logo.The drives are made using A grade NAND components from Hynix, Toshiba or Samsung and are made out of 100% recycled aluminium (where applicable).The card comes with a 1 year warranty as  a standard.

The price for the usb card is £20. Payment via btc or paypal.
UK Customers will get the item shipped by Royal Mail for free!
USA,Canada Customers and EU will get the item shipped by Royal Mail Airsure and will have to pay around 0.15BTC.

The warranty does not cover the repair or exchange of products resulting from misuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, incorrect maintenance by yourself, or failure caused by a product for which Teka is not responsible.Warranty becomes void if equipment is modified, incorrectly used, damaged by accident or neglect, or if any parts are improperly installed or replaced by the user.

How do I pre-order the card?

Post a reply to this topic with the amount of cards you would like to purchase and the form of payment you will be using.

Is there a discount for bulk orders?

Orders above 15 units will receive a discount.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:54:16 AM

Reviews from previous customers:

Just some feedback on the thread:
The cards arrived yesterday in Germany, redelivery in the country also is done. AFAIK no problems at all.
Tested one of them for the speed question with H2testw v1.4:
Code:
write: 5,79 MByte/s
read: 18,1 MByte/s

Just received my card, looks very nice Smiley Thanks!

Read/Write speeds if any one is interested (using FAT32):

Read:  26.20 MB/sec
Write: 6.3 MB/s

Code:
READ

hdparm -t /dev/sdc
Timing buffered disk reads:  80 MB in  3.05 seconds =  26.20 MB/sec
Timing cached reads:   15096 MB in  2.00 seconds = 7554.25 MB/sec

Code:
WRITE

dd if=/dev/zero of=speedFile bs=1M count=1024 conv=fdatasync,notrunc
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 169.493 s, 6.3 MB/s

So I'd guess from a quick test that these are class 6 cards- pretty good Smiley

Received my 2 USB devices also, had forgot I had asked them to be delivered to my work address and they had been lying there probably for some time so very happy with both the product and the seller.
Thanks!
elefter

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:01:05 PM

Someone trying to sell this as a bitcoin miner @ 5 times the price in 5...4...3..2..1.
Tongue:P
linuxer

Activity: 98

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:07:07 PM

Someone trying to sell this as a bitcoin miner @ 5 times the price in 5...4...3..2..1.

Someone is already selling a cheap Chinese card pen drive with bitcoin logo for 20 pounds..right OP? Grin

Real cost of this pendrive without logo is 10-12$ maximum.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:14:44 PM

Someone is already selling a cheap Chinese card pen drive with bitcoin logo for 20 pounds..right OP? Grin

These are manufactured in the UK. They are higher quality then the Chinese ones and come with much better support and warranty. If you want to buy something that is cheap and will break within a month then Alibaba.com is your friend.
linuxer

Activity: 98

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:17:19 PM

These are manufactured in the UK. They are higher quality then the Chinese ones and come with much better support and warranty. If you want to buy something that is cheap and will break within a month then Alibaba.com is your friend.

No they don't break, i bought and sold alot, still you are charging way too much
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:25:05 PM

No they don't break, i bought and sold alot, still you are charging way too much

My markup is very low so trust me I'm not charging a lot for something that has solid quality, great support and  top class NAND components.
JamesK

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:36:44 PM

As a member who has experience in dealing with PCBA/COB/UDP and other integrated NAND orientated memory devices I initially came here to defend OP in saying his costs were reasonable however slandering Chinese made products is not something I approve of. A have dealt with quality testing from both local and "Chinese" products and whether or not your card was assembled in the UK or not 9/10 the actual components (i.e the actual memory chips) are always made in China. Just because something is Chinese doesn't mean it's cheap and shit, sites like Alibaba and Aliexpress offer (in the interest of full disclosure) shit products to top of the line products it all comes down to what you are willing to pay for. Since the card is often used as a promotional item or for actual consumer sale it is quite cheap to obtain, the real expense here is the actual memory component, for 16GB i'd say OP is making anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 profit, depending on the volume ordered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: