Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:40:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INCREASING AMOUNT OF ICO(S)  (Read 669 times)
enterprevic (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:18:07 PM

Going up on coinmarketcap and reading stats about cryptos will reveal that there a lot of cryptos in the market and most of them are not even known and one surprising stuff is that more and more coins are being created everyday, and there is the new coin(electroneum) which seems more like a refurbished Ponzi scheme(that's what I think about it though) isn't there a way for the springing up of new cryptos to be controlled as it seems like bitcoin is the controller of all the cryptos because once BTC starts to drop all the others follow the trend.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:10:53 PM

the way i see it, ICOs are the new way of gambling these days. and people seem to love to gamble with their money.
every day a couple of new ICOs start without any reason and without doing anything. they just create a "name" or a brand and start asking people to give them money! and the worst part is that people do give them the money they ask for because they gamble to earn a reward by doing it.

this can not go on forever though. it will end sooner or later as these ICO platforms clog up and also when people realize they are losing more money by blindly handing their money over to scammers.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
enterprevic (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:27:24 PM

the way i see it, ICOs are the new way of gambling these days. and people seem to love to gamble with their money.
every day a couple of new ICOs start without any reason and without doing anything. they just create a "name" or a brand and start asking people to give them money! and the worst part is that people do give them the money they ask for because they gamble to earn a reward by doing it.

this can not go on forever though. it will end sooner or later as these ICO platforms clog up and also when people realize they are losing more money by blindly handing their money over to scammers.

Means people have started noticing the alarming rate at which ICO's are being started and the worst part is that people still keep buying into this scam programs without doing their own studies to know if that Crypto would stand the test of time.

andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

ICOs are going to continue despite any sort of regulation. Too easy for people to get money without much work. They will probably get far less when people realize they arent making money but people will always fall for some.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Isabella09

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

Each month 200- 300 icos are coming to market. There are much more chance of scam.
Opquar

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:34:24 PM

Well it's easy money so yeah. It's only going to get worse for as long as people keep getting into them.
asebaby

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:42:20 PM

Means people have started noticing the alarming rate at which ICO's are being started and the worst part is that people still keep buying into this scam programs without doing their own studies to know if that Crypto would stand the test of time.

Actually the scam is becoming something else but if i may ask,because this  is what i don,t know,how will one research to know  the ICO platform that is for real and that it will stand the test of time?
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

What's alarming is how the overwhelming majority of them are scams. They give legit ones a bad name, taking away from their potential client base.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:58:11 PM

a couple of years ago it was another wave of scams where different people created a new altcoin every single day and premined the shit out of it. it took a while but eventually people caught on and stopped looking at any coin that had any kind of premine.

nothing has changed from that day except the way the scammers are making money. ICO has taken the place of premined shitcoin. and something else will soon take the place of ICO

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:03:05 PM

BTC will always be the market leader. When BTC drops so do most Alta. The same is true for when there's a bout of positive growth.
The BTC markets consist of BTC/FIAT and BTC/ALTS. BTC has a much higher trade volume spread over the two then the specific Alt markets. Thus, when BTC/FIAT falls, the less BTC/ALTS traded. In a way it's kind of a cyclical system.   
Re the ICOs, - most are scams. Petty projects where the devs are looking to make some cash. Here today, gone tomoorw. There are a few legitimate ones that actually serve purpose but these are a minority within a minority (unfortunately).
acpr23

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:03:38 PM

Going up on coinmarketcap and reading stats about cryptos will reveal that there a lot of cryptos in the market and most of them are not even known and one surprising stuff is that more and more coins are being created everyday, and there is the new coin(electroneum) which seems more like a refurbished Ponzi scheme(that's what I think about it though) isn't there a way for the springing up of new cryptos to be controlled as it seems like bitcoin is the controller of all the cryptos because once BTC starts to drop all the others follow the trend.

Thats why investors are starting to get tired of investing in ico majority now ard scams. Especially those ico project that doesnt have working product yet. In my opinion before conducting an ico developers should have a working product or even beta of their tech to convince investors to invest with them.
bounty1996

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:07:03 PM

many ICO Many Scammers But Many Pumps
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:13:18 PM

I hate the way how government interfere with crypto, but I believe in terms of ICO, I think they need to regulate it for the sake of our fellow investor from getting scammed. I wish BitcoinTalk.org's Bounty section must be moderated by a SEC employee too. Give them power to banned or remove those who failed from submitting the required docs from ICO..

Gigafart

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:13:25 PM

I agree completely. So many ico's, its  hard to choose the successful ones. I have only invested in one ico so far. I feel great things are to come in the future just have to choose the right ones   Undecided
mistanama

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:15:31 PM

As I find these ICOs that look like mushrooms are the result of bad people who just want to rob those who believe in their schemes. We know that crypto is flactuating what happens when you buy expensive price and when it comes to exchangers, the cost is only a small amount. So many people are fooled like bullshitcoins produced by the ethertrade company
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:16:41 PM

For me some ICOs are useful. Like those who created their own coin that they will exclusively accept.
But I also heard of some scams, so I'm being careful when it comes to ICOs.

razzbee

Activity: 182

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:21:11 PM

Most icos are scam, but there are some good ones , you just need to watch and invest carefully
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:26:09 PM

It really is getting out of hand. It's a problem when new / inexperienced people looking to enter crypto sees this ICO as their first taste of crypto and end up getting burned. The fact that ICOs use facebook / instagram to promote to unsuspecting people... really worrying
Frank0209

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:31:05 PM

ICO project is a kind of mobilize capital and there are a lot of people want to succeed in start up so there are a lot of new ICO projects appear everyday. But there are some people wanna scam money from other people and ICO project is a good way to scam. Because of the huge number of ICO projects, it's really hard to find out a good project to invest in beside it's really hard to control these project that why few countries banned ICO project to protect investors in their country like China, Korea,...
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:33:15 PM

many ICO Many Scammers But Many Pumps

and many dumps!

that is the important part that everyone forgets. they think since some pumps happened for a couple of them, it has to happen for all of them. but when they face the reality they see that they have been buying into a bubble.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████