Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Hashrate Drop  (Read 723 times)
bscrypto (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:17:41 PM

I've had 2 rigs up and running Windows 10, with XFX RX 8gb 580s for 6+ months.  They are all on the latest drivers and have consistently been getting 29-31Mh/s per card with a modified BIOS running Claymore's 10.0.  Two days ago every card in both systems dropped down to ~24Mh/s with for no apparent reason.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I'm just trying to figure out how to get the production back up, since I didn't change anything and they all just dropped.  Please help!
thepanicpoint

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:27:10 PM

Hi bro, it can be a driver update, you can check the the drivers, id it changed, delete it with DDU program, and try drivers in amd website. drivers can be change even if you close the Windows update.

i know my english not good Cheesy

Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

Try DDU, check PSU status and check for riser card problems.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
espen83

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:38:46 PM

All i can say is that you have been lucky that it hasnt happened earlier.

Could be the fans that need some cleaning?
xFGND

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:49:05 PM

All i can say is that you have been lucky that it hasnt happened earlier.

Could be the fans that need some cleaning?

He said he's only been running for 6 months. Unless he's smoking right onto it, there's no way dust should be a factor so early on.
bscrypto (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

Hi bro, it can be a driver update, you can check the the drivers, id it changed, delete it with DDU program, and try drivers in amd website. drivers can be change even if you close the Windows update.

Thanks.  I did a DDU in Safe Mode and re-installed the official DAG drivers from AMD and everything is back to normal.  I'm not sure how both systems got updated to a newer version, but I'm good for now (until Windows/AMD tries to do it again).  I'll have to investigate why, but at least it's back up faster again!
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:54:34 PM

On Windows 10 Pro you can set Windows Update to not include drivers. Type 'gpedit' in the search box and in the Group Policy Editor navigate to Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:41:38 AM

Thanks.  I did a DDU in Safe Mode and re-installed the official DAG drivers from AMD and everything is back to normal.  I'm not sure how both systems got updated to a newer version, but I'm good for now (until Windows/AMD tries to do it again).  I'll have to investigate why, but at least it's back up faster again!

Hi
Can you please post which version of driver did you install and what mining software are you using

Mine dropped at 24 per card without changing driver, i am using 16.10.1 and the system is very steady
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:17:50 PM

Hi
Can you please post which version of driver did you install and what mining software are you using

Mine dropped at 24 per card without changing driver, i am using 16.10.1 and the system is very steady

Try downloading the AMD Blockchain drivers, use the patcher to patche the values and restart the computer.. You should be getting the same hashrate as u had it few months ago.  Smiley

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
ethminerbtc

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:28:03 PM

Free ETH mining machine
The mining starts immediately. The Version 1.0 is free.
FREE ETHMINER
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:33:05 PM

In the system Windows has the automatic updates feature drivers. I have a program that disables this function but sometimes the system is still being updated. Perhaps you have the same problem. You need to install a modified driver, and performance will increase. Only now it is not profitable to mine Ethereum. Too fell the profitability of its mining.
Aegean Skipper

Activity: 378
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:02:56 PM

Hi

Try downloading the AMD Blockchain drivers, use the patcher to patche the values and restart the computer.. You should be getting the same hashrate as u had it few months ago.  Smiley

Thank you baga105

I have downloaded the blockchain driver
In which patch you are referring to?

Now that i have the vesrion 16.10.1 what to do? apply the new driver on top of the old or uninstall it and install the new one?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: