Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why some country banned bitcoin?  (Read 10200 times)
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:15:40 PM

It is pretty obvious.. The countries that ban Bitcoins want to protect the integrity of their currencies. They want to make sure that their central banks' interests are protected. They want to effectively be in control of their money's movement in and out their country of jurisdiction. These reasons are valid enough to ban the proliferation of Bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:23:09 PM

because they don't know how to demand taxes from this, and still fear for the economy of the country

They also fear that people would really put all their money to bitcoin not on the bank. As they cannot touch bitcoin they would probably banned this. Since it is a decentralized organization and government can't really touch them all they have to do is banned them. I'm afraid when it comes to our country as well.
In case of paper money there are different types of tax which are implemented on money of the people like withholding tax, sale tax or other taxes but in case of bit coin it was a fear that the people will keep all their money in the shape of bit coin so their banks will stop working.
I have to pay taxes in my country if i want to cash out my bitcoins it is not that bad for me because if you cash out a huge amount it does not seem like anything when you pay the taxes form it and it is not only the taxes.
Because some of them used it in illegal activities and its easy of use for criminal purposes like transaction by bitcoin is highly anonymous so bitcoin can become a tool for crimes like money laundering, drug trafficking, tax evasion, illegal payment and many more.

The common view on bitcoin right now is that it is not as anonymous as many had previously thought. At any rate, bitcoin transactions are readily available to anyone to see and analyze, and there are quite a few tools that have been developed which try to track transactions. There is no doubt that special agencies have designed highly specialized and effective instruments for doing just that.

If you want real anonymity with network payments, you should use coins which don't have public ledger at all, for example, byteball. It allows truly anonymous and private transactions between two parties which don't get written anywhere.
zurc

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

SOKOS.io

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:33:30 PM

why some country banned bitcoin?
is there any problem? i know that bitcoin is international crypto currency. but why some country banned this cryto?
well because they accused crytocurrencies as money laundering because they can not get tax in cryptocurrencies so they banned it

keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:34:51 PM

is there any problem? i know that bitcoin is international crypto currency. but why some country banned this cryto?
Well I think may the these countries want to use their people to work for them in order to get tax from them I think they are worry about it that when they let free bitcoin in their countries so all the people will move toward bitcoin and they will start to get their money from bitcoin so I think that can be a reason which is a wrong decision by them.
Yes because they are aftaid to lose their workers because of the fact that bitcoin can be access anywhere at any time. Government dont want it to happen, some of them always want to earn money so they wont allow anything that will stop them from earning. Also they are afraid that people will put all their money to bitcoin because they can easily get profit from it as long as the value increases even they are not doing anything.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:51:55 PM

Well I think may the these countries want to use their people to work for them in order to get tax from them I think they are worry about it that when they let free bitcoin in their countries so all the people will move toward bitcoin and they will start to get their money from bitcoin so I think that can be a reason which is a wrong decision by them.

Some countries don't really understand bitcoin because they only hear about bitcoin on media. Media blackmailed bitcoin  so many times because of that a lot of countries out there think bitcoin is a currency for criminal activities, SCAM or Ponzi Scheme. For people to understand what is bitcoin, how bitcoin operates, or how to use it - it requires certain knowledge. and you know most people are very lazy when it comes down to learning new stuff and latest technology as well.
diskodasa

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:25:02 PM

Because they can't control and collect tax income from cryptocurrency. Besides, Crimes use Bitcoin to money laundering and business drug.

elLiteZero

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:28:27 PM

i think because some country can't control tax.. and some crimes use bitcoin for bussiness.. thats why some country banned bitcoin
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:42:37 PM

Some countries prohibit bitcoin because bitcoin is not government-related. The government can not make a profit. And concerns about the threat to the economy and the development of their country.

Crypto Life

Activity: 470
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:08:46 PM

влaдeть пeчaтнoй мaшинкoй выгoднee, чeм eю нe влaдeть, вoт и вoзмyщaютcя
sagaritabd

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:36:57 PM

is claiming from faucets also banned in countries where bitcoin is illegal?
Why they ban it? Bitcoin is a decentralized stuff which means it cant be taxed and also if their citizens would able to know about bitcoin then tendency on hiding their assets on crypto form would possibly happen which they would really have a hard time on tracing up knowing bitcoin is an anonymous stuff too and also they do believe that it can really increase criminality on their place.
rajuahmed763 (OP)

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

i think because some country can't control tax.. and some crimes use bitcoin for bussiness.. thats why some country banned bitcoin
Your answer right, tax is the cause of banning bitcoin. some crime also happen in this world. Some people use illegal way and trade with high profile.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
pancawati77

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:49:36 PM

The government forbids the use of bitcoin because bitcoin can lead to money laundering crimes. Terrorist financing has also been one of the causes of bitcoin being rejected in some countries such as in Ukraine that allegedly separatist use of bitcoin in funding terrorist acts.
AnthoRAX

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:56:40 PM

Lack of understandinf and fear of losing their local value. It is quite a bad thing for the economy if you cant record the money that leaves and enters the country you know
raisulmushfeq

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 05:57:11 PM

There might be many reasons for a country to ban Bitcoin. For example:
1. They want to prevent illegal activities using bitcoin in their country. Because it is hard to track.
2. They want to prevent money laundering.
3. They can not put tax on the income of bitcoin.
4. They don't understand what bitcoin is and think it may damage their economy in some way. Or hurt their citizens.
or something similar to those..
Rakabel619

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:14:52 PM

Hello. I think they banned bitcoin because they do not understand the phenomenon and it is extremely difficult or even impossible to manage for them

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:15:44 PM

They dont know what is it yet.
There are a lot of misconceptions like that its is used only for criminal uses.

They cant control it , the anonymity and lack of taxation when citizens profit from their investment.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tantlizbat

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:01:22 AM

There are some countries that ban ICO activities and not Bitcoin as you claimed. Country like China ban ICO and local exchange company because of their illegal activities contrary to the laws in China.  In recent time many ICO are becoming scam project day after day and there is need for the government of country to check mate their activities in other to protect her population from being scam.
The reason why some other country banned bitcoin because some user of bitcoin they use it in illegal activities, like buying drugs ang weapon, and some goverment they didnt like it because they cannot control or manipulate the bitcoin, and also because of all country have rules and laws, like paying taxes, bitcoin dont pay taxes.
It is noteworthy that some countries banned ICO in their concerned areas due to some illegal activities like buying weapon and drugs but I think that the government should introduce a new system of controlling mechanism of all there illegal activities.
Some countries like china have banned bitcoin may they have some different ideas about bitcoin. But as we know that china have banned bitcoin in 2013 but soon they gave permission to its people to use, trade and invest in bitcoin or even mine. I have no idea that any other country rather than china have banned bitcoin. All the countries in the world are using bitcoin and now the governments of many countries have legalized and regularized bitcoin in their countries.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:20:39 AM

I think the bitcoin accepted by a country is a matter of serious consideration . Because bitcoin is a virtual currency, it is very
 difficult to control. And anyone can own a bitcoin, which will lead to bad activities. Therefore, the countries consider carefully before
making a decision . My country banned bitcoin , That's bad news for bitcoin investors in my country
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:29:04 AM

Lately in September there's an issue come out about China who banned bitcoin in their country. We know that huge number of investors are came from China. That's why many speculation come out after that incident. Some like bitcoin will fall down because china banned it. But its never happened, unfortunately bitcoin become more stronger than before. That why its a big question why china banned bitcoin.? Maybe because bitcoins brings threat to their economy.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:54:30 AM

Actually there are many reasons for countrys band bitcoin. In any country currency fixed by it central bank thinking about the surrounding of its country. If extra currency flow in economoy its effects in total economy and general public suffer for it. Bad people can easily do their work when they have extra large amount of money. Bitcoin is that money that people earn from another country and as a result government can not understand how much money is coming form abroad and government are free from tax also. In this way there are many reasons for banned bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: