October 19, 2017, 08:10:36 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2022, 07:47:27 AM by qra_qqryq

del
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:51:21 PM

LOL this is like me saying I know nothing about race cars but want to build my own instead of buying one.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:07:28 PM

Hello.
I'm interested in build my own crypto-digger.
I don't want to buy a digger from some company, because i think that this experience will teach me something about hardware and process of digging.
I was doing some research but at this point i don't know some things and i have got some questions.
I hope that you can help me and answer some of them.
1. Which mining pool can give me possibility to mine a lot of altcoins for low-fee-cost?
2. How many space must i provide between GPUs?
3. Which ventilators are the best? I have seen that there are additional vents between GPUs.
4. Which motherboard do you personally recommend?
5. Where can you buy new graphic cards? (there are a lot of problems with new ones right now)
6. Do you have any tutorial about GPU flashing?
7. How to connect a lot of cards to one motherboard? I have seen some PCI-E instructions but i really do not know how to use it (i didn't find any simple tutorial). How does it work when i want to connect more than 4 cards to motherboard like Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3?
8. Are you doing the frame by yourself or are there some frame-providers on the market?
That is all, thank you for answers!

The post above has a point.. if you said you done your research than you wouldnt be asking these questions.
I suggest you really do some research, theres a search button on here. Also youtube videos and google will help alot.  Truthfully i think your being lazy and want someone to give you a step by step guide. You couldve found a step by step guide if you spent 1 minute to search a youtube video. You doing "some research" sounds like you spent a few minutes researching?

Anyways cryptomined and bits be trippin does alot of great videos for gpu builds.
https://youtu.be/Wlxxzax7MgY
https://youtu.be/l3XOtQtFKSQ
Check out those youtube channels. Should get you up to date.

Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:21:14 PM

Thanks for yt links Wink!

No problem, they are very knowledgable people. Well atleast for me, ive spent weeks watching videos before i started my first build. Got very boring at times. But this is a business depending how much your going to invest.
I built a few rigs and just kinda went crazy and got my hands on gpus. Haha. But it was and still a great journey, this mining thing. Im still learning alot. Talk about trial and errors. Im currently rebuilding my smalll facility again. Haha always something new to learn.
Goodluck! Happy mining
Miner4ever

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:08:22 PM

Depen what coin you want to digg  Grin
But on your place I will go on  8x 1070 gtx on biostar bt250 btc+ board with 8 slots.
Some 1600w psu, 120 gb ssd, 8gb ram, and some celeron cpu.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:40:28 PM

Check out masternode coins instead, you'll save heaps of money on gear and energy and still get to make lots of coins - check out https://masternodes.pro/ for a list of coins and stats.

Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

If you're doing this for profit, I'd strongly suggest that you consider your power costs very closely. Now is not a great time to get a brand-new rig going from scratch if you don't have reasonably low power costs. I'd recommend just getting your feet wet by buying a reasonably powerful graphics card (that you believe you could resell or find a use for) and hook it up to an existing desktop, if at all possible.

On the other hand, if this is solely because you are interested in the process and want to learn more, go for it.
If mining doesn't work out, you could use some Nvidia cards to tinker around with TensorFlow.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:35:39 PM

No, you didn't make an research at all.
You asking for complete guide from a to z.
Don't be lazy a find the information.
And for next time, don't ask for 1000 times answered questions...

This is my signature...
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 03:40:03 AM

I'm interested in build my own crypto-digger.
I don't want to buy a digger from some company, because i think that this experience will teach me something about hardware and process of digging.
- Teach yourself first , get some basic knowledge about how things works , do your own research, that is what going to teach you something about hardware and process of digging ( you can call it mining just like everyone else)
I was doing some research but at this point i don't know some things and i have got some questions.
- I dont think you done any kind of research
I hope that you can help me and answer some of them.
- sure
1. Which mining pool can give me possibility to mine a lot of altcoins for low-fee-cost?
- what you want to mine
2. How many space must i provide between GPUs?
- what is the ambient air temp ?
3. Which ventilators are the best? I have seen that there are additional vents between GPUs.
- for what ? what is the airflow in your mining room ? what is temp for the incoming air , are you planing push and pull, push or just pull the air ?
4. Which motherboard do you personally recommend?
- how many cards you want to use ?
5. Where can you buy new graphic cards? (there are a lot of problems with new ones right now)
- unbelievable question !!! Really ??
6. Do you have any tutorial about GPU flashing?
- hundreds all over on the web and on this forum
7. How to connect a lot of cards to one motherboard? I have seen some PCI-E instructions but i really do not know how to use it (i didn't find any simple tutorial). How does it work when i want to connect more than 4 cards to motherboard like Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3?
- very simple plug and play to the mobo or via pci raisers
8. Are you doing the frame by yourself or are there some frame-providers on the market?
- whatever you like , you want to pay for it ? or you want to build one if you have a technical skill ...
That is all, thank you for answers!
- Your welcome ...

And before you are starting to asking questions about profitability , roi time , worth it or not  , my suggestion is : please read this topic Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: