Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:56:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my S9 14 TH/S  (Read 767 times)
bitcoinguy140 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:23:34 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 08:46:23 PM by bitcoinguy140

jerome1230 Locked the other thread so I started a new one with the same topic so it comes up in the search.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247736.0

I paid for the miner, and this guy then asked me for more money for shipping.  Im assuming this would have kept going on and on until he got more and more.  

He said then we would refund my money based on my reply post that this was a scam.  Then he locked the thread so I couldn't update it.  

Its a complete scam.  Apparently I am too trusting so clearly, I have learned my lesson.

jerome1230 = SCAMMER

If he refunds the money, I will update the post.

Here is the blockchain explorer which shows the money was immediately transferred out.

https://blockchain.info/address/3d6c09062ff49ca17257b11e1dfe4110a6550413

Joebrann

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

Please show proof of communication, and the wallet id that he told you to send it to. Also sorta your fault newbie trusting a newbie. I am pretty sure even thedreamer posted that you should not do that, and it's only a couple threads down.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

That's a new scam going on. It is warned about in the thread I started IN the marketplace.

That same guy tried to con me out of shipping fees too , but it was so obviously a scam.

Use common sense people, c'mon!

Go Big or Go Home.
bitcoinguy140 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:36:07 AM

Well im new here, and I didn't think that people scammed so heavily.   I've learned my lesson clearly the hard way.  He was very convincing and now id just like to make people aware.  At the end of the day, if someone feels they need to scam then they are really at a worse place in life then I am.  I'm not an idiot, I just needed a test unit quick and due to my busy schedule didn't do my proper due diligence.

I guess I dont know why someone would say they are selling a 5 month old S9 for 1200 bucks and keep dropping the price.  They put a lot of work into that scam.

Here is the wallet.

ok 0.2BTC send me a shipping address and payment to: 16bme86yxpTqjizev5ms9NjKgtezEFFVsg

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:36:22 AM

Move your conversation to the Scams>Accusations thread.

Provide the quotes of the persons story and support your claims.
bitcoinguy140 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:44:01 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 03:03:40 AM by bitcoinguy140

Move your conversation to the Scams>Accusations thread.

Provide the quotes of the persons story and support your claims.

How and why would I quote here?  How does that prove anything?  I could just be making it up.  Please explain.

----
Here is the conversation thread.

i confirm i received payment, waiting for 1 confirmation.
Please need shipping details to ship tomorrow morning and you will get tracking
ok transaction confirmed, tomorrow morning german time you receive pm with tracking
It will be done with DHL what will take 4 days, just keep track on the site.
please give me your btc address to refund. I made mistake and have short of 0.04BTC to ship miner to you.
My mistake so I also refund transaction fee. still have the miner but my mistake and apologize for it.
What can do if still interested 0.025BTC to same address or else please send your address for full refund.
Apologize for this.

End of Communication
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:54:16 AM

jerome1230

Activity: 13

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: chillfactr on: October 16, 2017, 08:34:55 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!
ok but shipping fee 0.018BTC must be paid direct to me

NEWB TRIED TO SCAM ME TOO, CAUGHT ON REAL QUICK
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:38:20 PM

So who's proving what here?

Dont see any proof of a scam yet?
bitcoinguy140 (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:52:18 AM

So what exact proof would you like to see.   

I paid .2 BTC for a miner and Jerome1230 disappeared.  I've posted the transaction and the back end, and so did another person. 

So are you just instigating or are you trying to add to the discussion in a positive and constructive manner?
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:41:16 AM

do you really need a proof? he is a scammer its quite obvious i think.

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:59:22 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 08:22:23 AM by hedgy73

So what exact proof would you like to see.  

I paid .2 BTC for a miner and Jerome1230 disappeared.  I've posted the transaction and the back end, and so did another person.  

So are you just instigating or are you trying to add to the discussion in a positive and constructive manner?

So you sent 0.2btc ($1200) to someone who's account was created on 8th October ( 2 weeks old ) that has no trust, didn't post pictures of the item for sale and you didn't use escrow?
Danos

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:05:58 AM

Show us transaction TX as proof of payment

stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:16:43 AM

This place is being over run by newbie scammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to buy an S9 myself but all I see if people with 3 day old accounts selling them LOL
Danos

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 11:27:21 AM

This place is being over run by newbie scammers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to buy an S9 myself but all I see if people with 3 day old accounts selling them LOL
I don't see problem even 1 day old account selling miners if they have proof of them and using escrow.
Sales are not limited to old and new accounts, but they should be limited to escrow only to secure both seller and buyer.

floppydisk

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:47:15 AM

jerome1230 Locked the other thread so I started a new one with the same topic so it comes up in the search.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247736.0

I paid for the miner, and this guy then asked me for more money for shipping.  Im assuming this would have kept going on and on until he got more and more.  

He said then we would refund my money based on my reply post that this was a scam.  Then he locked the thread so I couldn't update it.  

Its a complete scam.  Apparently I am too trusting so clearly, I have learned my lesson.

jerome1230 = SCAMMER

If he refunds the money, I will update the post.

Here is the blockchain explorer which shows the money was immediately transferred out.

https://blockchain.info/address/3d6c09062ff49ca17257b11e1dfe4110a6550413

Had brief conversation with this guy as well, he sent some pictures & with the terms specified I'm not convinced that it's a genuine sale.
bitcoinguy140 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:22:19 AM

Definitely a scam.  The user hasn't logged on in many days.

Lesson learned, the hard way.  But in the back of my mind, ill always know I'm in a better place in life not to have to do things like that to put food on the table.
kgeorgiev
Copper Member

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:33:45 PM

I got scammed exactly the same way - similar amounts, similar withdraw pattern on the recipient address - user was Michel.M. and here's the address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EtPqTeifY9fVxjwxtCg9vr7uMqXgov9kM

Of course can't blame anyone other than myself for my stupidity to fall for this type of scam. Never trusting people should be a general rule in life.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:22:55 PM

Definitely a scam.  The user hasn't logged on in many days.

Lesson learned, the hard way.  But in the back of my mind, ill always know I'm in a better place in life not to have to do things like that to put food on the table.
Good for you man. Sorry that you got hit. You have a good attitude. Live and learn. I find it ridiculous that you come on here and try and warn people and you get grilled like it was YOU that did the dirty deed. Just more proof that the Human race is a lost cause and completely useless as a whole.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: