Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:20:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE FOR FAKE OMISEGO AIRDROP MAIL! LOST ALL MY FUNDS!  (Read 1229 times)
dansmith_99

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:07:56 PM

As a rule of thumb, no one under any circumstances should ever need need your Private Key. Just yesterday I got a scammer email asking for confirmation with my Private Key. So many terrible people out there.
zeroarmy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:50:07 PM

Got the same email and moved all my ETH to it. In search for the airdrop application form i stumbled across this thread.
I checked the form again and yes... they are really asking for your private key! I would have catched this but many others simply don`t  Cry
Guys... please BE CAREFUL out there and NEVER give out your private key to ANYONE!!!

greetings
zero

hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:00:28 PM

I'd like to put more salt to the wound but I only feel more sorry for you. It is a very expensive lesson indeed and I hope you learn from it (well...more like pay close attention since not giving out private keys is already common sense). And for the record, you should make it a habit not to click shady links from emails and dm's--trust no one in the internet.
Ben271286 (OP)

Activity: 434

I love this Game!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:10:11 PM

I'd like to put more salt to the wound but I only feel more sorry for you. It is a very expensive lesson indeed and I hope you learn from it (well...more like pay close attention since not giving out private keys is already common sense). And for the record, you should make it a habit not to click shady links from emails and dm's--trust no one in the internet.

oh yes it was...but hey i already moved on and forgot about it...you can do nothing just sharp your sins and think 3 times before u act!
Ben271286 (OP)

I love this Game!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:10:34 PM

Got the same email and moved all my ETH to it. In search for the airdrop application form i stumbled across this thread.
I checked the form again and yes... they are really asking for your private key! I would have catched this but many others simply don`t  Cry
Guys... please BE CAREFUL out there and NEVER give out your private key to ANYONE!!!

greetings
zero
so you got scammed too?
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

Have you participated in airdrops before? I guess the only thing is a lesson learned here. A private key is a private key for a reason. Sorry for your loss.

Ben271286 (OP)

I love this Game!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:52:37 PM

Have you participated in airdrops before? I guess the only thing is a lesson learned here. A private key is a private key for a reason. Sorry for your loss.

yeah i did...but greed is bad! learned from it!
GaPR

Activity: 356
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:30:31 PM

i have received this email every day for the last few days. I get 3-4 scam emails a day including the one saying about the byzantium fork and need to claim them now with a link to a fake myetherwallet site. That and about a dozen slack phishers daily does get annoying. I traced the ip address of two of them to an isp in russia so they are likely a group of russians working hard to scam us all. Best thing is not to open any emails regarding any forks/wallets etc at all. Stay safe everyone and be security conscious please.
                                                       I'm sorry that the scammers were from Russia.  I would not want people to think that Russia is the house of fraud, although there are scammers in any country.  I am from Russia and I know that many Muslims and Christians who live in God live here who are happy that they live in poverty and have not touched someone else's property.  All the crypto-currency community must unite against fraud.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
Fleshslasher

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

You made the mistake giving your private key to them. Never give your private key. Do you know why it is called private ? Because it must be protected and it is like the password of your wallet.

I get now also scam mails, but i never click on them. Even when you give your address they can check the balance of your wallet. So make a new wallet for every airdrop.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:28:26 PM

yeah i did...but greed is bad! learned from it!

As long as you learned something from it, it might have not been for nothing.
Best advice, use bookmarked links to avoid phishing sites!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: