Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinGold Hard Fork Oct. 25th  (Read 501 times)
Fattcatt (OP)

Activity: 1919
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:55:42 AM

Should I sell all my, other than Casascius coins? To invest in Btc prior to Bitcoin Gold Hard Fork???
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:20:46 AM

Meh.. I would not. I Heard it's just a scam, bu IDK. I'm not doing the BCH thing again, what a hassle... Tongue 

Cheers and good luck to all who make any free $$ Though! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3044

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:38:04 AM

Completely depends on how many you have. The process is a pain to redeem/split & it reduces the value of the coin @ the same time. It’s been a nice bonus having BCH on pre-funded collectibles.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
STEVEN 888

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:35:14 AM

BTG is new coin so if you want to take risk exchange all your money to it but it will be so risky trick with high income if work

BTC have better future than BTG
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2227
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:49:34 AM

auction  Cool

space for rent, shilling for sats
kryptopath

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:52:52 PM

I'm interested to see what the new coin ends up going for in exchange rate after about a month. BCC seems to be holding value around $300 but I suppose it's anyone's guess as to where things will be in 30 days.

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:49:57 PM

Te coins themselves are worth xBTC. Selling them now would only enable you to profit on the premium in BTC which would be greater now than it would be then (after the fork) if the price of BTC were to rise as a result of it.
Personally I don't see the need to. The coins are wallets themselves so post-fork they'd have the value of BitcoinGold added to them which would add to the BTC price if you chose to sell after.
So in short, I'd advise you to keep them and if you want to buy more BTC now then by all means go for it.
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:17:15 AM

Te coins themselves are worth xBTC. Selling them now would only enable you to profit on the premium in BTC which would be greater now than it would be then (after the fork) if the price of BTC were to rise as a result of it.
Personally I don't see the need to. The coins are wallets themselves so post-fork they'd have the value of BitcoinGold added to them which would add to the BTC price if you chose to sell after.
So in short, I'd advise you to keep them and if you want to buy more BTC now then by all means go for it.

I'm wondering the same, FattCatt.

Is this accurate?  Are the BTC coins held on wallets that have not given out the Bitcoin Gold worth a larger sum of money based on how much Bitcoin Gold is going for?  Example being if Bitcoin is $6k and Bitcoin gold is $500, your BTC is now valued at $6500?  Will it reflect that on hardware wallets?   Is that how it worked with Bitcoin Cash?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:25:27 AM

Is this accurate?  Are the BTC coins held on wallets that have not given out the Bitcoin Gold worth a larger sum of money based on how much Bitcoin Gold is going for?  Example being if Bitcoin is $6k and Bitcoin gold is $500, your BTC is now valued at $6500?  Will it reflect that on hardware wallets?   Is that how it worked with Bitcoin Cash?

Yes, that's how it worked with Bitcoin Cash. Anything funded prior to 8/1/2017 has the BCC value as well.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1344
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:28:08 AM

Yes, that's how it worked with Bitcoin Cash. Anything funded prior to 8/1/2017 has the BCC value as well.

Okay.  Sweet.  I was thinking I'd be missing out if I just held tight in a hardware wallet.  Thanks for confirming that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: