Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:57:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign manager copying my threads/format  (Read 1129 times)
aTriz (OP)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:44:07 AM

Hello everyone, I've found something weird. Scrolling around services and found some of my work stolen.

The user tactic seems to copying my format and sections of my signature campaign threads and using them for his own signature campaign. I feel this is pretty untrustworthy of a campaign manager

Case 1- The format

This one isn't really much, but it is best to have it in here. Have a look at my Bazista Signature Campaign and Ice Rock Mining Signature Campaign and it's quite apparent that my structure is banner, social icons, rates, rules, how to apply and signature campaign codes. The user tactic has the exact same format with this signature campaign. I've checked some other users threads such as Lauda's Coinpayments Signature Campaign which has the format as- Banners, ranks rules, payments, how to apply and signature codes. Some other examples are Yahoo's Bitsler Campaign which has the format as - banner, how to apply, payments, rules and signature codes. Checking the draftcoins signature campaign and the brickblock.io signature campaign, they also have different formats. Pretty sure he copied my format.

Case 2- Intro text
Take a look at the intro text from my Bazista signature campaign-

Bazista is starting up their new signature campaign, which will last for 4 weeks.

We are currently looking for a maximum of 40 participants, 20 senior members, and 20 hero/legendary members.

And Javvy-

Javvy is starting up their new signature campaign, which will last for 4 weeks.

We are currently looking for a maximum of 22 participants, 5 full members, 12 senior members and 5 hero/legendary members.

Then let's look at tactic's thread

Cash Poker Pro is starting up their new signature campaign, which will last for 2 weeks.

We are currently looking for a maximum of 35 participants, 15 Full members, 10 Senior members and 10 Hero members.

Quite obviously copied.

Case 3- The rules
This one isn't quite as obvious but I'm pretty sure that he just reworded all of my rules.

My rules
Must make at least 25 posts per week.
Posts must be at least 100 characters long.
Rounds will end at Friday 2AM forum time and I will aim for posts to be counted within 4 hours.
Accounts with negative trust from DT-2 or DT-1 are not allowed to enroll.
If you receive a negative trust from DT-2 or DT-1 during your time in the campaign, you will be removed without pay.
Users not posting a minimum of 25 posts a week for 2 weeks be removed.
Posts in any signature campaigns, any bounties, local boards, off-topic, games and rounds, micro earnings and politics and society will not be counted.
Avatar, signature and the personal message must be worn.
No alternate accounts, anyone found to be enrolling multiple accounts in this campaign will be kicked out with no pay, and also reported to a DT-2 member.
Do not advertise anything else in your signature.
Bumping the ann thread is not required, but appreciated.

Tactic's rules
  • Minimum 25 posts per week.
  • Only constructive posts will be counted.
  • Helping bump the Announcement thread would be appreciated but not required
  • Posts with less than 100 characters will not be counted as eligible.
  • Accounts with a negative trust rating from DT members are not allowed to enroll. Receiving such a negative rating during a period will result in your removal without any payment.
  • Posts in any signature campaigns, any bounties, local boards, off-topic, games and rounds, micro earnings and politics and society will not be counted.
  • No alternate accounts, anyone found to be enrolling multiple accounts in this campaign will be kicked out with no pay
  • The evaluation of each period will begin at ~18:00 UTC every Friday and should finish before 23:59 UTC the same day. Your ending post count will be saved sometime in this period.
  • Payments will occur within the 24 hours after evaluation has been completed. This means that the payment will be sent out at 23:59 UTC every Saturday at the latest.

Rules 1 and 2 are just reworded.
Tactic's 3rd rule is also incredibly similar to my last one.
Tactic's 4th rule is just a combination of my 4 and 5 rules.
This rule- (Posts in any signature campaigns, any bounties, local boards, off-topic, games and rounds, micro earnings and politics and society will not be counted.) is also directly copied.
Tactic's 6th is a reword of my 9th rule.
The last 2 should have been writen by him.

Tell me what you think people. What should be the next action?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:28:01 AM

Ethically, it is just not justifiable, that is clearly derivative work, you have strong points on case 2 and some good points on case 3.
they lack ability, or motivation, to direct their knowledge and creativity towards a new and unique thread/format, and as you said they are "untrustworthy campaign manager", on another side, it's mean your work is outstanding. last I think you should ask them to give a credit on you or if you don't want to you should ask them to rework their thread/format
mikeoneal

Activity: 140
Merit: 15

Love Bitcoin

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:40:20 AM

You dont need to take any actions, may be he is a new manager and he consider you as the best manager.

English to hebrew & chinese translation
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:33:35 AM

Familiarity.
(This is only my assumption) but basing on what you posted, this person might used your 'design' as a template for easy familiarity of other users here ( I am not saying that they are too ignorant to not  read the content but i am saying is the familiarity of all bitcointalk members when it comes to signature campaign).

He is wrong for using your design without even asking for your permission. I think it is better to take the next step, which is to get some explanation from him on what he did.
CashPokerPro

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

FinTech solutions developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:17:24 AM

I think that U just worry about your customers.
Let`s make all campaign in one standard.
If someone follow your steps, just need to make steps longer and never stop for talking.

token sale  ◄   ▇▇▆▅▃▂▁EXCHASE▁▂▃▅▆▇▉   ►exchange
════════☛ FinTech ☚════════  
   ═════☛ecosystem ☚════
Aventhe

Merit: 134

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:00:05 AM

I think that U just worry about your customers.
Let`s make all campaign in one standard.
If someone follow your steps, just need to make steps longer and never stop for talking.
??   Huh

If someone copies another person's work, that is a direct offence - in the case if no permission has been given. I really like aTriz's thread design and I will hopefully have a Signature Campaign upcoming, for which I will try to incorporate his design into. Of course, I will first ask for permission if I can use that layout or not, and if I am not granted any sort of permission, I will do my own design. Its imperative that people acknowledge their work source, especially when they then sell it as their own.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

If I can just chime in.

Yahoo and Lauda has its own format, so you definitely know that you are applying for their campaign because that's how they post their campaign threads. You already know specially with Yahoo's campaign that you need to make 25 post in order to get paid.

Edwardard has also he's own of style. PPP and max 30 to be paid. But when aTriz came to the scene, he put Signature campaigns to the next level with his own style of writing. But now, it looks like really someone copied his style and I initially thought it was aTriz who is really running that campaign. I think its a direct copy and paste work or copy and make it your own by just changing the wordings. Just my .2BTC worth.
kwetiaw

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:38:13 AM

Since he/she still new so they still not have idea what should they do until they find Atriz's campaign thread.
IMO let's give him second chance since they did not scam anything
Aventhe

Merit: 134

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:08:42 AM

Since he/she still new so they still not have idea what should they do until they find Atriz's campaign thread.
IMO let's give him second chance since they did not scam anything

Well, then he should't be a Signature Campaign manager, let alone a bounty manager. If one is not familiar with the rules of the forum, then they shouldnt be doing that kind of work.

@aTriz, have you PM-ed the person to notify them of this? I wonder what he has to say. IMO it is probably just a new guy, but they should at least ask for permission when it comes to this kind of work.
CashPokerPro

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

FinTech solutions developer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 12:27:46 PM

Please don`t mix style and design.
Need to go ahead, and U will have new customers and partners.
Mostly all SIG campaign are similar

token sale  ◄   ▇▇▆▅▃▂▁EXCHASE▁▂▃▅▆▇▉   ►exchange
════════☛ FinTech ☚════════  
   ═════☛ecosystem ☚════
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:18:37 AM

Well, i noticed that too, and i also posted a reply about it, and hear is what he said for my post:

The thread style looks exactly like aTriz's. The campaigns he manages are all styled like that. Now, did he design this thread for you? Or have you copied it? If he had desgined the thread for the campaign, then that is good, but if he didn't do it, maybe you should have thought of something of your own instead of copying someone else's style.

This is my first signature campaign, so I used the style of other managers, only now I see that I made a mistake, so for the next signature campaign my own style will be developed. I apologize to manager aTriz

Link to reply: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2292006.msg23316872#msg23316872

He is apologetic for what he did, so i think you should give him a chance.
EvoDev

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:58:31 PM

First
Let's also consider the fact that not all members are fluent in English, therefore they are more than likely to take someone else's work as a base to work with. Given that they are not fluent in English, some elements might be copied, that is true, however a campaign manager that does not care about ethics, would copy everything word to word. But as we can see, he at least tried to re-word elements, and give the work his own touch. I agree, perhaps he should have asked for permission, if he could use someone else's work as a base. Case 2 - very fine line between right and wrong.

Second
Familiarity.
(This is only my assumption) but basing on what you posted, this person might used your 'design' as a template for easy familiarity of other users here ( I am not saying that they are too ignorant to not  read the content but i am saying is the familiarity of all bitcointalk members when it comes to signature campaign).
I agree with this statement, because after a while, users get used to a certain format. Therefore, it is inevitable that there will be similarities in the structure. Moreover, it is unreasonable to post the banner or social icons somewhere at the end of the thread, as these are the elements that are supposed to gather attention and user interaction. After these two elements, we are only left with rate, rules, how to apply and signature campaign codes. Signature campaign codes must be at the bottom of the thread, otherwise users have to scroll past them to see the rates, rules and how to apply, which does not make sense. Next, having the how to apply section before the rates and rules also does not make sense, as people need to be interested in applying before they will want to find out how to apply. This leaves us with the rates and rules sections. Obviously it can be either one or the other after the other, but my main conclusion that I want to come to is the following:
The threads are very similar in their structure, due to the fact that, in my opinion, it is only way to logically present the information, to maximize user engagement. Therefore, I do not understand any reason as to why one would complain about that. Case 1 - irrelevant.

Third
Concerning the rules (Case 3), I believe that most rules in general are the same, or at least have the same structure. Here is Lauda's Coinpayments Signature Campaign, where you can find that his rules are also very similar to your's and Tactic's. Some things are re-worded to suit the particular campaign, but some items are the same: No alternate accounts. Anyone found to be enrolling with multiple accounts will be kicked out with no pay. Unless you are inclined to accuse Lauda of the same crime, I don't see why having similarly structured rules, which only helps users grasp the campaign's rules faster, is an issue. Case 3 - very fine line.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:41:09 AM

In as much as it is wring for someone to copy another person style without giving credit or getting his consent, because that is outright plagiarism which is frown at evey climes of society whether online or offline

But at the same time, Atrz should have communicated with the manager privately to get his reaction before taking the next step of creating a thread for that purpose. With that, you have given him the chance to either pull it down, apologise or even compensate you for the transgressions.

Unfortunately, he might not even know the existence of this thread which means it does not affect him and Atriz didn't get what he deserves. This will only be subject to several analysis and people expressing their opinions without any real effect.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:21:41 PM

Well, having a campaign manager is better than not having one at all. As long as he does the job to keep the forum clean of spammers and shillers, the layout of his OP is really just a secondary issue in my opinion.

However, the design and layout seems to be completely the same. He should have contacted you for permission to use them.

But this in my opinion is not neg-worthy. It is shady behaviour, however.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:57:04 PM

While it is not very nice behavior to copy the format, and even text, of other users - it is a pretty standard style used throughout the forums. I would not do business with anyone that so flagrantly copies other users, but it does not necessarily mean the service being promoted is a scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:26:22 AM

You dont need to take any actions, may be he is a new manager and he consider you as the best manager.

It Doesn't mean that He needs to copy the Format of Sir atriz.
we Know that Every campaign managers have their very own format of threads.

Sir Atriz will not post this if Mr. Tactic Contacted Him that He will copy the format of campaign Thread Because He is  a new Manager.

First, Second, Third Case shows the proof.
Let, the Respective Persons justify this to make This issue be clarified.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:23:24 AM

Third
Concerning the rules (Case 3), I believe that most rules in general are the same, or at least have the same structure. Here is Lauda's Coinpayments Signature Campaign, where you can find that his rules are also very similar to your's and Tactic's. Some things are re-worded to suit the particular campaign, but some items are the same: No alternate accounts. Anyone found to be enrolling with multiple accounts will be kicked out with no pay.
Some things are just very nicely worded to the extend that they should not be forcibly rewritten. However, blatantly copying almost everything is a no-no unless you've explicitly asked for their permission and received it.

Unless you are inclined to accuse Lauda of the same crime, I don't see why having similarly structured rules, which only helps users grasp the campaign's rules faster, is an issue. Case 3 - very fine line.
Must stuff is derived from my own campaigns and comparison of clarity between my own text and other people's text. He can not possibly accuse me of doing the same as I was not directly leeching off of his stuff. I can't say the same for Tactic.

Side question: Who is Tactic and why is he managing a campaign?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: