Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: $2500 CAD to BTC  (Read 344 times)
Kstudio (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:28:30 AM

Hey there, I'm looking to find the best exchange rate for $2500 CAD to BTC. I know... newbie account. I'm definitely nervous about doing this so I absolutely want 100% trusted escrow if this is something that would be feasible to do here. I'm looking to get some btc before the upcoming forks. PM with info. Please reply too if you have some friendly advice. So far in my findings it looks like localbitcoins is my best bet. Because then I can meet up with someone in person. please pm me info about signing messages too. I have an iPhone. I would like some way to verify that said person does have control of the private address and the bitcoin they claim to have. again, I'm new so I'm being very cautious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:44:02 AM

Hey there, I'm looking to find the best exchange rate for $2500 CAD to BTC. I know... newbie account. I'm definitely nervous about doing this so I absolutely want 100% trusted escrow if this is something that would be feasible to do here. I'm looking to get some btc before the upcoming forks. PM with info. Please reply too if you have some friendly advice. So far in my findings it looks like localbitcoins is my best bet. Because then I can meet up with someone in person. please pm me info about signing messages too. I have an iPhone. I would like some way to verify that said person does have control of the private address and the bitcoin they claim to have. again, I'm new so I'm being very cautious.

A simple advice here because all your answers cannot be answered at once and because of the time constraint, you just have to trust someone and for the fact that you are using escrow is another plus for you. Just ensure nobody talk you out of it and at the same time be careful with the escrow you want to use because some people will want to impersonate some trusted escrow on the forum.

Another option is to locate a thread of known members of the forum who engage is exchange services maybe something can be arranged for you. Above all be very careful as even the local bitcoin that you think is the best option might turn out to be your worst nightmare. Visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1092531.0 to have a feel.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:24:05 AM

You haven't mentioned in all your ramblings a single word about how you intend to pay for the bitcoins. I suspect however that it's PayPal and you're delaying it or somehow perhaps hoping to mention it by private message to catch the coin seller off guard.

Regardless of your claimed nervousness, there is the coin seller who also needs to be nervous of you, a newbie, about how you intend to pay for the coins. If it's PayPal, then I will tell you this upfront and bluntly: it is a reversible payment method and people are to be aptly forewarned about accepting such payment from you. Escrow will not protect the coin seller. PayPal can be reversed up to 180 days from time and day of payment.

If it's an irreversible payment method (a wire transfer is reversible... an Interac E-Payment is reversible... a bank transfer is reversible, just so you are aware) then escrow is well advised here and is in fact mandatory to avoid fraud.

jshark

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:25:57 PM

Where are you located? If in Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/Calgary I may be able to arrange in person. If you're willing to send ID I could sell via localbitcoins and accept interac payment from you.
Kstudio (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:41:22 PM

A simple advice here because all your answers cannot be answered at once and because of the time constraint, you just have to trust someone and for the fact that you are using escrow is another plus for you. Just ensure nobody talk you out of it and at the same time be careful with the escrow you want to use because some people will want to impersonate some trusted escrow on the forum.

Another option is to locate a thread of known members of the forum who engage is exchange services maybe something can be arranged for you. Above all be very careful as even the local bitcoin that you think is the best option might turn out to be your worst nightmare. Visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1092531.0 to have a feel.

Thanks ill check out the thread you linked.

T
You haven't mentioned in all your ramblings a single word about how you intend to pay for the bitcoins. I suspect however that it's PayPal and you're delaying it or somehow perhaps hoping to mention it by private message to catch the coin seller off guard.

Regardless of your claimed nervousness, there is the coin seller who also needs to be nervous of you, a newbie, about how you intend to pay for the coins. If it's PayPal, then I will tell you this upfront and bluntly: it is a reversible payment method and people are to be aptly forewarned about accepting such payment from you. Escrow will not protect the coin seller. PayPal can be reversed up to 180 days from time and day of payment.

If it's an irreversible payment method (a wire transfer is reversible... an Interac E-Payment is reversible... a bank transfer is reversible, just so you are aware) then escrow is well advised here and is in fact mandatory to avoid fraud.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking to do payment via bank transfer/online payment through the bank. e-transfer possible if that works. I don't wish to go through paypal.

Kstudio (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:54:52 AM

Where are you located? If in Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/Calgary I may be able to arrange in person. If you're willing to send ID I could sell via localbitcoins and accept interac payment from you.

I don't live in any of those city's. Inbox me if you think there is a way to work something out.
Kstudio (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:23:07 PM

If a mod could close or delete this thread that would be great, as I was able to get some bitcoin locally.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: