Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:51:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: French in Australia  (Read 175 times)
CaptnGlad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:24:38 AM

Hi everybody !

I send a message here because I spend hours and hours looking for an answer and I can't find anything, so I'm trying here !
I'm completely new in the cryptocurrencies world, I'm spending my days looking for more information, I'm getting very interested by it.
I wanted to by my first BTC now, I'm a french guy who is working in Australia during the next 2 years.
The big problem is : I just cannot do it.
BTC market is open only for australian who lives in Australia, Coinbase didn't accept my ID because "it didn't match with my country", Blockchain.info is not available in Australia....
I just don't know how to proceed (I don't have a french account anymore, and I don't want to transfer my AUD in EUR because the rate is really low right now, I would love thousands of euros.) So i would like to buy them in AUD.

So if someone is in this situation -foreigner buying BTC- and better : in Australia, I would like to have some help !!!

Thank you Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
se150401317

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:36:12 AM

I think you can try localbitcoins. It would be easier for you to buy bitcoin from people who live nearby.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:37:33 AM

Buying and Selling Bitcoin as a foreigner is much easier on https://localbitcoins.com . Why not check them out first. You can come back and ask questions if confused.

CaptnGlad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:52:44 AM

Thank you, I'll check this website! It's a little more expansive but I guess it's the price to pay if I want to buy BTC as a foreigner..
I guess that it's a temporary wallet in this website which is not really secure and that I should transfer immediately the BTCs in another place no ?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:53:39 AM

If you're lucky enough, you could buy from Bitcoin ATMs If you have any of them near you. Otherwise, If you have any payment method such as PayPal, Skrill etc. then you could trade with individuals on the forums, Paxful or LocalBitcoins and yes, If you use any website to trade, you should withdraw your bitcoins immediately after the transaction is done.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:18:47 AM

There are bitcoin ATMs in Sydney and Melbourne. Not sure about Brisbane (I read somewhere there was a raid of some kind and it was removed) and probably no ATM in Adelaide and Perth.

Localbitcoins is definitely the best source for both locals and non-locals. It might be less challenging if you have an Australian driver licence. Most sellers want ID to protect themselves from MITM. Most if not all sellers will want cash deposit and you will need to follow their instructions carefully to avoid issues or problems of any kind.

If you are in Sydney and if you don't mind driving, you can try the ATM:

http://www.bitrocket.co/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: