Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional: Graphic Designer: Professor of Design  (Read 149 times)
My_name_is_Amicus (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:12:38 AM

Hi All,
There is an amazing amount of technical know how amongst members here but also very little understanding of how to commission and then evaluate design work. Design is treated very much as a cosmetic exercise (e.g. vote for your favourite logo) with no true understanding of how the design work fits into an overall communication strategy. Style is confused with Design rather than seen as an element of design. I see very good design work rejected out of hand and poor design solutions adopted, many of which will give future problems as the project scales.

I can assist with the following:
-I can do an analysis of your existing material and make appropriate and actionable recommendations.
-The Development of a design strategy.
-Implementation of an effective and successful design competition that engages the interest of professional designers (and still involves your community).
-Production of a clear Design brief which includes the kind of information vital to the success of a design project (branding, logo,etc).
-Develop a clear set of criteria for evaluating the work produced by designers.
-Production of branding guidelines to ensure consistent message.

I have 24 years professional experience in the design industry. I also lecture at Post Graduate level in the area of Graphic Design, Information Design, UI/UX design. Branding and Brand Strategy Design.
I am less interested in financial gain and more interested in being involved in interesting projects. If you understand the value of what I am offering and have an interesting project in the works, please drop me a message here.

Regards

Amicus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: