Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:59:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass distribution of an iPad by category  (Read 836 times)
ReCat (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 09:00:18 PM

I'd get exact percentages, but I don't have a miligram scale and I don't want to risk damaging my iPad mini.  I noticed this as I saw it being disassembled, and so I created this graph from mental/visual estimations. (It's logic board is held down with freaking ADHESIVES!)

I just find it sort of funny. less than 10% of the mass of my iPad mini is actually electronics... what has this world come to? Tongue

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 09:05:13 PM

I'd get exact percentages, but I don't have a miligram scale and I don't want to risk damaging my iPad mini.  I noticed this as I saw it being disassembled, and so I created this graph from mental/visual estimations. (It's logic board is held down with freaking ADHESIVES!)

I just find it sort of funny. less than 10% of the mass of my iPad mini is actually electronics... what has this world come to? Tongue

It has come to a world where way pay for the design, not for the electronics.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:00:50 AM

50% battery, I didn't expect it to be that much! The company that designs the next generation battery will be able to print their own money.
Thar's for sure. Because if at least half of that battery space would be used for additional electronics then that tablet would have a beast performance comparec to others.

ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:06:56 PM

Problem is; more electronics = more cost. More cost that won't allow apple to get 500% profit on each ipad anymore. So it's never gonna happen.

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
Svennisen

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

The thing is, you can make a circuit board incredibly small. You can't do the same with a battery.

Got help from me? Feel free to tip me Smiley   BTC: 13hrdpUSJWhe2n4g4kTSHEx4GYUF9v5CU3
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

Problem is; more electronics = more cost. More cost that won't allow apple to get 500% profit on each ipad anymore. So it's never gonna happen.
Unless they stopped charging so much for the design, put in more electronics and charge for it.

ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:26:57 PM

Unless they stopped charging so much for the design, put in more electronics and charge for it.

Doubt it. because electronics costs more than design.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Doubt it. because electronics costs more than design.
Not in Apple!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: