Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Symmetrical Triangle  (Read 1673 times)
JeromeS (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:27:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/3hynbNK.png

Price vs cumulative usd volume. Volume (horizontal distance) is the same between highs and lows (marked with vertical lines). Apex at 1.4 billion dollars traded on MtGox.

Symmetrical Continuation Triangle - Trending123

Generally, a triangle pattern is considered to be a continuation or consolidation pattern. Sometimes, however, the formation marks a reversal of a trend.
Converging trendlines of support and resistance gives the triangle pattern its distinctive shape. This occurs, Kahn explains, because "the trading action gets tighter and tighter until the market breaks out with great force." Buyers and sellers find themselves in a period where they are not sure where the market is headed. Their uncertainty is marked by their actions of buying and selling sooner, making the pattern look like an increasingly tight coil moving across the chart.

What do you guys think ? Which line do you think bitcoin is going to break ?

I think it's interesting how the distance is the same between every high and low so far (the lines are not the same distance apart on a time graph). The chart seems "organic" and what you'd expect in a market with many people each holding a small amount.

This is the first time that I'm trying my hand at TA, so be nice.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Support breaks. Down. Or no break and we go sideways.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 12:17:11 AM

I like it, as it seems you can gain new insights when discarding one type of information in the system quite efficiently. Normally you discard volume and leave price and time.
In the same way it should be obvious to discard price and leave volume and time, or make it a 3D chart.  Cool
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:37:48 AM

It will go up.

Or it will go down.

Or it will stay the same.

Don't read too much into TA.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:12:28 AM

Price vs cumulative usd volume. Volume (horizontal distance) is the same between highs and lows (marked with vertical lines). Apex at 1.4 billion dollars traded on MtGox.

Symmetrical Continuation Triangle - Trending123

Generally, a triangle pattern is considered to be a continuation or consolidation pattern. Sometimes, however, the formation marks a reversal of a trend.
Converging trendlines of support and resistance gives the triangle pattern its distinctive shape. This occurs, Kahn explains, because "the trading action gets tighter and tighter until the market breaks out with great force." Buyers and sellers find themselves in a period where they are not sure where the market is headed. Their uncertainty is marked by their actions of buying and selling sooner, making the pattern look like an increasingly tight coil moving across the chart.

I think it's interesting how the distance is the same between every high and low so far (the lines are not the same distance apart on a time graph). The chart seems "organic" and what you'd expect in a market with many people each holding a small amount.

This is the first time that I'm trying my hand at TA, so be nice.

looks like the first 3rd of your chart is like 2 years of data scrunched up into the chart. Hardly a fair analysis. lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: