Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:41:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frame Grabber Recommendations  (Read 1612 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:33:19 AM

We've making some content for BEP's courses that requires booting into tails and we'd like to demonstrate how to do this including properly configuring ones bios. Obviously a software based screencast solution won't work thus I'd like to use a hardware based solution.

Has anyone ever configured a frame grabber? Could you send me a recommendation of something that wouldn't be too expensive and perhaps a tutorial. I've seen some people use a raspberry Pi. Such a solution would be awesome if easy to configure.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:09:04 PM

I don't see what's wrong with a camera pointed towards a monitor. If you really need high quality video, you can boot into VMWare's BIOS and capture that.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

Any model recommendations? And what's a fair price for HD 1920X1200 video?

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
grue
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:16:01 PM

Any model recommendations? And what's a fair price for HD 1920X1200 video?
I highly doubt a USB VGA capture device can do 1920*1200 video. For that high resolution, you'll need a pci-e capture card (around $100). But really, BIOS runs at a small resolution (640*480 tops), so you don't need high resolution video. As for the price, go on ebay and check the lowest price Tongue.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 10:17:49 PM

I'd like a self-contained unit. I've been looking at this unit with some HDMI to DVI converters. What do you think?

https://www.bitcoinstore.com/hauppauge-hd-pvr-2-gaming-edition.html

grue
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:22:30 AM

I'd like a self-contained unit. I've been looking at this unit with some HDMI to DVI converters. What do you think?

https://www.bitcoinstore.com/hauppauge-hd-pvr-2-gaming-edition.html
It's expensive if you're trying to capture some video. If it's just for some bitcoin education program, I don't see why you would need such high quality video. Also, remember that BIOS runs using basic video drivers and therefore can not support anything beyond SVGA. If you're looking to save money, get a cheap usb VGA recorder. If high quality video is very important to you, get the PVR.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: