Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:45:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happen if bitcoin build a headquarter bank  (Read 1000 times)
chip211

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:27:56 AM

what happens if bitcoin builds a bank just like a bank with a headquarters, savings account management and also makes a bitcoin account card ??
If this happens it will be a good news for all investors. I always look for such a bank in my country but I think it will not.
CryptotradeGMO
Copper Member

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:29:18 AM

if Bitcoin do that i believe it will lose its value slowly,
many people used it due to 'freedom in their financial' and something like that.
what will happen if they do that ? of course it will lose its charateristic and absolutely sure its demand will be decreased a lot.
but it will not happen,at least right now i never hear about something like that.
and i hope they will not doing something like that,because it'll ruin our cryptoland.
why would they choose Bitcoin if they can use their own Fiat to do that ? it's not a new thing.

yes exact what i say
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:36:42 AM

It is against the essence of bitcoin to build a physical and central bank. The result will be a currency like any other fiat currency. Maybe some people will use that bank, but I don't think they will be the same people who use current bitcoin and wants decentralization, a store of value, freedom, peer-to-peer financial relationships, etc.
Governments are concerned about the grow of bitcoin use and try to make crypto currencies and, obviously, tax customers. Thus we might see central banks of an hybrid of crypto and fiat currencies, but users of bitcoin as it is currently developed will not be the customers of these kind of banks.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:49:08 AM

what happens if bitcoin builds a bank just like a bank with a headquarters, savings account management and also makes a bitcoin account card ??
I don't really see the purpose of such bank. The point of the whole thing is to be decentralized and this idea defies exactly this point. Only relation between the bank and bitcoin that makes sense (at least in this moment) is if the bank would enable you to directly change your crypto to fiat and vice versa - basically to act as a exchange.
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:21:10 AM

I do not think this is a good thing. Everybody uses bitcoin because of its usability. No one knows how many bitcoins you have. If you have a bitcoin bank, your income will surely be controlled. bitcoin will lose the convenience.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:33:04 AM

If a bank for bitcoin will be opened the control over bitcoin and crypto currencies will be established I'm sure the government will take the step on having this kind of headquarter this will only means that they will established a world bank since bitcoin is consider to be a global currency. People will lose their privacy with regards to bitcoin ownership so I think this will have a negative effect.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:44:38 AM

if bitcoin do that kind idea bitcoin become more popular to all people who dont believe. when time comes lot all investor will contribute to make bitcoin our 1st currency all over the world. it also helps all people to work with bitcoin and lot of company will make more ico.

MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:10:25 AM

It will totally defeat the purpose us a decentralized coin
mark laurence tanig

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:00:21 PM

If something happen that will happen i think it can cause by demand of bitcoin because innocent people think on how the headquarter do works so they curious and it can effect by too much demand of bitcoin that can cause too much high of the value of it.
whitemacna

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:44:27 AM

Surely there will be regulations that suppress the existence of this bitcoin. Many other dal taxes. Bitcoin would become centralized, fiat currency. We could call it the Dollar? The bitcoin's goal will be futile if they will come to an agreement to held a central bank for the bitcoin as some people will try to manipulate and manage it losing the interest and investment of the people who love its potential and good traits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: