Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:37:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dogecoin headed to Zero?  (Read 737 times)
CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 08:49:43 AM

16 satoshis as of the time of this posting...

I understand that when BTC goes up, almost everything else has to go down, unless there's some specific reason keeping a specific altcoin afloat. But look at the price of DOGE. From 50 satoshis on September 1st to 16 on October 21st. I'll admit: I love this coin. Its instant confirmation times make it ultra convenient as a payment method. I like to do live betting and DOGE was my go-to coin of choice for that (been a bit tough to find a replacement betting site since directbet.eu closed their doors, though).

Though its inflation has leveled off, perhaps there are still far too many coins being produced for it to keep up with bitcoin. It's a shame because as far as cryptocurrencies go, I think its one of the very best.

(can't post actual images cuz I'm still a noob)

scryclip

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:03:27 AM

I would say as long as it continues to hold a reserve status on some exchanges (i.e its used for trading pairs) it will likely hold above 0.

However if the exchanges that use it as the base for trading pairs drop it, its very possible it can head to 1 sat or below (some coins can actually trade below 1 sat on LTC /ETH etc pairs)
inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 597

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:10:32 AM

It has to continue functioning as a coin, it will not die easily. Dogecoin is still widely used and there are still a lot of supporters to this project. The value is on that level because if you look at the total supply of this coin, it is very huge. Therefore it cannot easily become a 1-dollar coin. But it is definitely functioning according to its price also. 

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
G.Seed

Activity: 617
Merit: 86

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:20:18 AM

perhaps there are still far too many coins being produced

Obviously. 5.256 billion more coins per year. You cannot hope to go to the moon with that, even if a lot of people (like me) enjoy this crypto.

Play with DOGE, don't save with it.
holdingkrypto

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:34:22 AM

Yes I think zero is (and always was) the only logical value. I never understood how someone could invest in a meme like this.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:51:12 AM

I don't think it's a good investment. But I don't think it will go to zero. It could be useful for trading, but nothing much other than that.
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:52:13 AM

16 satoshis as of the time of this posting...

I understand that when BTC goes up, almost everything else has to go down, unless there's some specific reason keeping a specific altcoin afloat. But look at the price of DOGE. From 50 satoshis on September 1st to 16 on October 21st. I'll admit: I love this coin. Its instant confirmation times make it ultra convenient as a payment method. I like to do live betting and DOGE was my go-to coin of choice for that (been a bit tough to find a replacement betting site since directbet.eu closed their doors, though).

Though its inflation has leveled off, perhaps there are still far too many coins being produced for it to keep up with bitcoin. It's a shame because as far as cryptocurrencies go, I think its one of the very best.

(can't post actual images cuz I'm still a noob)
usually often so guys every bitcoin experienced an increase in auto prices some other types of coins can experience a decrease Therefore we should really take advantage of the smallest chance to get maximum results later by the way often see the movement of coin prices.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

kubercoin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:17:46 AM

It will raise back after oct 25, buy when its cheap..
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:40:25 AM

Is it really that surprising? do you really expect dogecoin will go off the charts. I mean what's the new innovation they offer to the table that hasn't been done from an other project? dogecoin might be valuable to some people but let's face it, does it really have economic value. I do hold dogecoins for fun and tips though.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:44:34 AM

Dogecoin has came up a long way to be here. It was supposed to be a tipping coin. With constant inflation, it is bound to be decreasing in value compared to the bitcoin. But this year is going hard on its price.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
overlooker

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:48:20 AM

DOGE is a joke coin, of course its heading to 0 eventually.. back when there was not this many altcoins, it was used as tipping coin, its still somewhere, but there is just not reason to do in anymore with hundreds of better alternatives. do not hold.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:50:55 AM

Dogecoin was fun back in 2014 but not today. I am surprised it is still alive, it brings nothing new. I remember it as a Jamaican team sponsor a long time ago when the crypto was booming and it did not affect the price at all. Was there anything major with Doge since then?
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:38:02 AM

It's hard to judge. But i don't think Dogecoin will be worthless in terms of price and i won't think it pump either. Looking at the circulating supply. It very huge supply and continue to add 5 billion more every year. There is no future for this altcoin. There are few people are still supporting and loyal to this altcoin. But not enough to make it go boom. Back then, it was a blockbuster. Competing against Litecoin, Ethereum and Monero. But now it's a shitcoin. But if they burn atleast their 80% of supply. I think the price will change a bit. It's only good for short trade. Very risky if you hold them for long term. It keeps dropping and dropping.
Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:46:41 AM

Unlike other coins, dogecoin does not have a supply limit. And it makes it different and cheap and easy to use. It is not here to compete with bitcoin so it will not die.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:51:50 AM

In dollar terms it has stayed roughly constant. Don't forget that bitcoin has increased from about $3000 to $6000 - a 100% rise.

Also, look at the long term graphs. When it was at 50 satoshis it was coming down from a pump earlier in the year. It normally averages between 20-30 satoshis.

I still use doge to move money. It's quick, the fees are lower, even after buying on one exchange and selling on another. I expect it will survive because of that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:08:04 PM

If we believe that all cryptocurrencies are pyramid schemes then the value really rely on how many people are still in the network and whether the network is shrinking or not, as long as there are still money into Dogecoin, then there will be some value in there. I love to see the funny stories and projects based on doge, hope it will last for a long time. 
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:20:29 PM

cryptocurrency has not stopped falling for a long time. The main reason is that dogecoin takes 18 months without an update, although there is also increasing competition from the sector. According to the available data, since 20 October 2015 there have been no changes to the code. The volume traded also dropped drastically from the peak of popularity, according to CoinMarketCap. I guess people are always turning pages. Most of those people have migrated to platforms like Ethereum, Dash or Monero. Dogecoin mining is no longer profitable, not only because the price of dogecoin has fallen, but also the mining reward has fallen to 10,000 coins.
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:01:37 PM

yes I also it will happen but not in the near future, because so far I see the price of doge over time is getting rid of. but hopefully the doge is able to rise after hard fork.

valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:07:00 PM

No, dogecoin is going to appreciate the next 1 year, or at least I would say this. Dogecoin is a very controversial coin, many people do not believe in it because it has unlimited supply. I would say that dogecoin is a unique coin between the other coins. It is a young coin, it is used by the gamers from all the world and it has had a good appreciation of its value. Because of this some believe that not bitcoin will be the future currency of the world (because it has a limite supply) but the dogecoins (that have an unlimited supply and they resembles money better).
 With all these, the dogecoin price is continuing to depreciate these days. In my opinion the dogecoin price could go up next year, until 120-500 satoshi. Those who have some thousands dogecoins would be rewarded. If the bitcoin price would go up to 20000 in 2018-2019 then 1 doge could be 1-10 cents in 2018-2019.
 This is why the dogecoin could replace the dollar better than the bitcoin in 2019-2020, 1 doge = 1 USD.  

Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:17:47 PM

No, dogecoin is going to appreciate the next 1 year, or at least I would say this. Dogecoin is a very controversial coin, many people do not believe in it because it has unlimited supply. I would say that dogecoin is a unique coin between the other coins. It is a young coin, it is used by the gamers from all the world and it has had a good appreciation of its value. Because of this some believe that not bitcoin will be the future currency of the world (because it has a limite supply) but the dogecoins (that have an unlimited supply and they resembles money better).
 With all these, the dogecoin price is continuing to depreciate these days. In my opinion the dogecoin price could go up next year, until 120-500 satoshi. Those who have some thousands dogecoins would be rewarded. If the bitcoin price would go up to 20000 in 2018-2019 then 1 doge could be 1-10 cents in 2018-2019.
 This is why the dogecoin could replace the dollar better than the bitcoin in 2019-2020, 1 doge = 1 USD.  

This. People think dogecoin is useless because of the name but they can't be more wrong
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: