Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant what happened to zipzap?  (Read 2264 times)
zorgberg (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:14:43 AM

Is this down for good?  Is there somewhere else I can buy bitcoin like I used too from bitinstant using moneygram/zipzap?

I need to make a payment in the next few days with BTC and I will need to setup a wire transfer ASAP if this is not going to be up soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:32:26 AM

Is this down for good?  Is there somewhere else I can buy bitcoin like I used too from bitinstant using moneygram/zipzap?

I need to make a payment in the next few days with BTC and I will need to setup a wire transfer ASAP if this is not going to be up soon.

From the BitInstant support thread:

Cash deposits will be back Monday.  Thanks for your patience.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

zorgberg (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:19:04 AM

Thanks, i should have checked the support thread myself, forgot it existed.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:55:20 PM

From http://blog.bitinstant.com/

"Cash Deposits are currently down on BitInstant as we make steps to transition to our new website.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are working as quickly as possible to reenable this feature.

People have expressed concern that this benefits BitInstant in some way. On the contrary, BitInstant relies on customer transactions, so downtime only hurts us and we are therefore working as quickly as possible to reengage cash deposits.

We will strive to provide future notice for similar situations as they arise in the future to help you better plan your Bitcoin purchases. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice as soon as we're up and running with cash deposits.

Also, stay tuned for an introduction to our new website and its great features! We think it will be worth the wait and appreciate your patience!"
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:03:25 PM

We're happy to announce that our new website is now live and cash deposits are turned back on! Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Things don't always run smoothly when implementing new technology with third-party providers involved, so thanks for standing by!
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

We're happy to announce that our new website is now live and cash deposits are turned back on! Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Things don't always run smoothly when implementing new technology with third-party providers involved, so thanks for standing by!

I became Verified prior to the new site.
Now it won't let make more than 1,000.00 in transactions a day.
I used to be good for 2,000.00
Never had to login before!

What do I do?

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

Thanks for your patience as we work through some hiccups on the new site. It seems that some users are having issues verifying their identities and we are working closely with the development team to correct any problems with our new system.

We hope you will understand that with the launch of our new, improved website that we may run into occasional issues with functionality. With this in mind, you can help us improve our service by offering up any information about your particular situation as the Customer Service team requests it.

Please bear with us during this initial launch phase. We hope to be back up to full speed very soon with your help and continued support.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:13:49 PM

I saw an announcement on a different thread where an BitInstant representative confirmed the site was up and running again.
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:29:43 PM

Thanks for your patience as we work through some hiccups on the new site. It seems that some users are having issues verifying their identities and we are working closely with the development team to correct any problems with our new system.

We hope you will understand that with the launch of our new, improved website that we may run into occasional issues with functionality. With this in mind, you can help us improve our service by offering up any information about your particular situation as the Customer Service team requests it.

Please bear with us during this initial launch phase. We hope to be back up to full speed very soon with your help and continued support.

I never had to login to verify.

Now I don't know what to do?
Should I create an account???
IF I do will it interfere with my known verification???

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:37:41 PM

Yes, go ahead and try to create an account.
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:53:38 PM

Yes, go ahead and try to create an account.

It says "Service Unavailable" when trying to create an account!
Meanwhile BTC creeps higher and higher.
Could have got all in at 7:00am...

It's working now...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: