Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SegWit2x and Bitcoin Gold  (Read 534 times)
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:10:53 AM

As all we know SegWit2x is going to happen on Oct 25th.
My question is will we get equivalent amount of money we hold in our wallets at the time of fork, like if we have $1000 in wallet, we will receive $1000 of Bitcoin gold?

Coinbase and Blockchain will support this too or not as Blockchain has already accepted BCH.
Mertalot

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:16:40 AM

Judging by the previous fork and bitcoin cash, somebody did easy money on it! but i don't really understand the purpose of this fork.. will see how it works out
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:30:27 AM

No, Segwit2x is not planned to happen before mid november (block 494784). It's the Bitcoingold fork that's happening on 24th october (block 478558).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:14:21 PM

My question is will we get equivalent amount of money we hold in our wallets at the time of fork, like if we have $1000 in wallet, we will receive $1000 of Bitcoin gold?

Coinbase and Blockchain will support this too or not as Blockchain has already accepted BCH.

segwit2x not must split
if not spilit is nothing bitoin gold, and until know all exchanger never say about bitcoin gold, difference with BCH(bitcoin cash), before hardfork, exchanger announcement about bitcoin cash, and can give BCH 1:1

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:17:13 PM

No, you will only receive the exact amount of Bitcoin you hold before the hard fork. For example if you hold 1 Bitcoin during the hard fork you will receive 1 Bitcoin gold. We still don't know what will be the value of Bitcoin Gold, maybe the same value as Bitcoin Cash when it first released in the market.
Coinbase still don't know if they are going to support it. Read this https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq
I don't know if Blockchain.info will do. Just a piece of advise, If you really want to receive Bitcoin Gold after the fork put your bitcoins in a wallet which you hold the private key.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:25:07 PM

no, we all don't know that because SegWit2x is scheduled for November not October. and it falls in mid November.
the Oct. 25 is is called bitcoin gold.

do because nobody is giving you anything for holding $$$, so if you hold $1000 in your wallet you still have $1000 in your wallet.

however if you hold bitcoin in your bitcoin wallet by the time of fork you will receive the same amount in bitcoin gold!

if by blockchain you mean the website called blockchain.info which happens to offer a wallet to, then they have not yet announced anything to my knowledge so they may not "support" it, but you still can claim your BTG since you own the private keys there.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:26:20 PM

You will get equivalent amount of the newly forked coins that your were holding at block 'x' which is determined by the developers. Like if you have 1 BTC, you will receive 1 BTG and B2X after their respective forks. Of course neither of them would be anywhere close to the value of Bitcoin and you will only get the value based on the new coin's market value.
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:28:06 PM

According to coinbase's statement on BtcGold:
Coinbase will not sell on its own any btcgold corresponding to customers. all will be kept waiting that in the future if coinbase supports btcgold, your customers can dispose of them. (of the equivalent and corresponding amount of btc in each account at the time of the fork)
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

No, Segwit2x is not planned to happen before mid november (block 494784). It's the Bitcoingold fork that's happening on 24th october (block 478558).

So what is the difference between SegWit2x and Bitcoin Gold?
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:37:25 PM

Couldn't you have solved that question with a quick google search?

BTG ("gold"): https://btcgpu.org/

BT2 ("segwit2x"): https://segwit2x.github.io/segwit2x-announce.html

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:37:44 PM

no, we all don't know that because SegWit2x is scheduled for November not October. and it falls in mid November.
the Oct. 25 is is called bitcoin gold.

do because nobody is giving you anything for holding $$$, so if you hold $1000 in your wallet you still have $1000 in your wallet.

however if you hold bitcoin in your bitcoin wallet by the time of fork you will receive the same amount in bitcoin gold!

if by blockchain you mean the website called blockchain.info which happens to offer a wallet to, then they have not yet announced anything to my knowledge so they may not "support" it, but you still can claim your BTG since you own the private keys there.

How can I claim my BTG if I have wallet on blockchain.info?
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:39:06 PM

Couldn't you have solved that question with a quick google search?

BTG ("gold"): https://btcgpu.org/

BT2 ("segwit2x"): https://segwit2x.github.io/segwit2x-announce.html

No, I cannot. What is your problem, btw. I asked here because its a community to discuss things.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

No, I cannot. What is your problem, btw. I asked here because its a community to discuss things.
And discussion is taking place. Looking at the first 5 pages of this very sub:

Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Gold FAQ
BTC Gold Fork Wallet
How to Safely Claim Bitcoin Gold

I'd suggest you to read those topics before starting yet another with (mostly) the same content.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:45:17 PM

I am not sure how much to receive , as I know you will receive the same balance. if you have 0.5 BTC you will receive 0.5 B2x. The value of USD depends on the market. If the same value of USD how to count the proportion because the price of bitcoin is fluctuative every second. That's is why most altcoins' price fall today. Many traders speculate to sell theri altcoin to receive free B2x or bitcoin gold. if the coin has high price in the market , the traders will earn big free cash.
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 298

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:55:27 PM

bitcoingold is simple to understand as we have already been through Bitcoincash. The best way would be to stake in an exchange that supports bitcoingold.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Doctor.Strange (OP)

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:21:33 PM

And discussion is taking place. Looking at the first 5 pages of this very sub:

Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Gold FAQ
BTC Gold Fork Wallet
How to Safely Claim Bitcoin Gold

I'd suggest you to read those topics before starting yet another with (mostly) the same content.

Okay, thank you for enlighten that for me.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

I think that you have totally confused bitcoin gold hard fork with segwit 2x activation.Hard fork is going to happen on october 25th due to which bitcoin gold coins will be created and its said that you would receive the exact volume of BTG coins based on the volume of BTC you have in your wallet.But still not clear that which wallet and exchange would support it.

Segwit 2x would be activated in november by miners who had already signed the New York agreement and it has almost 85% of miners support and even exchanges and big bitcoin related companies support it.If segwit 2x gets more support than the older chain,then it would be an upgrade and we may not get free coins.In case,if it does not succeed in getting more support,then it would be an altcoin and so we would be getting same amount of free coins.

Freelancer76

Activity: 386
Merit: 10

Hello fellow miners

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:30:55 PM

bitcoingold is simple to understand as we have already been through Bitcoincash. The best way would be to stake in an exchange that supports bitcoingold.

The best and the cheapest way as well Wink Looking forward to see market value of BCG, hope it will be around BCH
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:38:03 PM

The best and the cheapest way as well Wink Looking forward to see market value of BCG, hope it will be around BCH

I would try to keep your expectations low.  Given that BCH has stabilized lower than the fork price and people tend to use previous examples to determine future actions (even if it's just one event) then I expect BCT Gold to be near worthless soon after trading begins.  I can't wait for all this fork craziness to end.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

I would try to keep your expectations low.  Given that BCH has stabilized lower than the fork price and people tend to use previous examples to determine future actions (even if it's just one event) then I expect BCT Gold to be near worthless soon after trading begins.  I can't wait for all this fork craziness to end.

but there are a lot of differences though!

for example the number of people knowing about bitcoin gold is so much less than those who know about bitcoin cash. this means so many less are going to get BTG and so many less are going to dump BTG.
also less people hate BTG than they hated BCH since BTG is not as bad as BCH and it is not attacking bitcoin like BCH either. so there may even be less dumpers.
(less dumpers, higher price)

there is also mining that you have to consider which may attract a lot of attention and consequently pumps the price up.

Buying the dip...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: