Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On localbitcion aren't you still at the mercy of the trader for cash in post?  (Read 223 times)
frignolpsy (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:06:37 PM

I know they put it in escrow but if you are a new user with no rep then if there is a problem won't they just side with the guy who is a trusted member?

I did the first lbtc transaction with a trusted trader this week and thankfully all went smoothly but I thought if something went awry how can you prove you didn't send them nothing or otherwise prove you were not trying to scam them? because as a new user even if you are honest you are treated like scum so if it came to going to raising a dispute then won't they just side with the trusted trader thus making the escrow moot?

So in this sense you are relying on the trader being honest.

As an untrusted newbie is there any way you can prove you sent what you sent in case there was a problem? I was thinking even if you record the packaging then it could be argued that you just sent a different empty package after couldn't it.
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:10:57 PM

It is highly unlikely/.

Keep doing businesss with trusted traders who have many transactions.

Do not make trades for very large amounts until you have some reputation yourself.

The damage to their reputation from crossing you is far more expensive than the amount they could rip u off for.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:22:14 PM

Why would they do that? Never encountered any traders like that in localbitcoins so far, and if they'll pull that dick move, I don't think LBC would side with them especially if you have your screenshots and transaction record in the blockchain. Mind you, blockchain cannot be altered, so once you have your txid, you are golden and you cannot be cheated on your trade.
frignolpsy (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:39:46 PM

Why would they do that? Never encountered any traders like that in localbitcoins so far, and if they'll pull that dick move, I don't think LBC would side with them especially if you have your screenshots and transaction record in the blockchain. Mind you, blockchain cannot be altered, so once you have your txid, you are golden and you cannot be cheated on your trade.

I just am not used to sending money out into the ether and worry about possible things which could go wrong Smiley.
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:22:29 AM

I would be far more worried everytime i drive my car on the road that someone in the oncoming lane will intentionally crash themselves head on into me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: