Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CryptoMinerShop.net Legit?  (Read 4023 times)
Andrew_ (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:04:13 PM

I'm trying to find good deals on mining hardware, and I'm wondering whether this website I came across is legit...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peacekeeper03

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:07:31 PM

Me too. Seems the website is pretty new. Cheap and available S9 seems too good to be true.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:05:55 PM

I'm trying to find good deals on mining hardware, and I'm wondering whether this website I came across is legit...

I would not trust them with a single cent.

They claim to be launched from 2014-2017 but a whois lookup shows that their domain is only registered in October this year. Also their mailing address on the domain registry records is in Hong Kong whilst the address on their site is in China.

Unless you're paying with a reversible method such as paypal, don't bother with them.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:49:48 PM

They claim to be launched from 2014-2017 but a whois lookup shows that their domain is only registered in October this year. Also their mailing address on the domain registry records is in Hong Kong whilst the address on their site is in China.

Unless you're paying with a reversible method such as paypal, don't bother with them.
Not a good idea to buy from them  first the date what the site made is not the same as in whois..   
And then i never heard that site that i think not safe if you buy from them..
Much better if you really wanted to buy miners better to by directly to the bitmain. Even the site is affiliate to bitmain i wouldn't trust them because anytime they can change the address to their own address to receive the miners..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 02:50:55 AM

The site looks really shady and the price's are too good to be true better to ignore it and they are also planning to start cloud mining soon and as others said founded date doesn't match in about us and website whois, better to buy off a more trusted source instead.

achib

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:45:28 AM

I sent them a mail if I can pickup the miners from HK  ... hope they answer Wink
cryptobizzdbn

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:13:29 PM

Anyone bought yet?

Their site looks legit, I have registered and setup as an affiliate.
Setup my delivery address and all works, so if it is a scam it is a really well done one!

Let me know if anyone has successfully purchased something and received it.
raggioscuro

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:06:46 PM

I'm very skeptical, the only method of payment and the bitcoin.
anyway I'm very interested, if someone has bought it let us know.
I look forward to feedback.
deerhunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

I am interested also. Would like feedback from someone who may have bought from them and got it.
fabry1999

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:33:03 AM

this is 99.99% scam ....try to click on facebook or twitter link on the page and will open:

https://www.facebook.com/PlazaThemes1/
https://twitter.com/plazathemes

Fabrizio
ro2sf

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:02:09 AM

The "Free Shipping Worldwide" clause blew it.

I would definitely stay away from purchasing anything on this site.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:43:48 AM

Please make a guide on how to find domain registration dates and other information about a website. That can be a good way to prove that some services that are promoted here are scams. Ty.

Also their mailing address on the domain registry records is in Hong Kong whilst the address on their site is in China.

What are the implications of a domain registered in Hong Kong but the site is in China? Is that unusual?

ro2sf

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:21:39 AM

Please make a guide on how to find domain registration dates and other information about a website. That can be a good way to prove that some services that are promoted here are scams. Ty.

It is actually very easy to find our the domain registration details. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to https://whois.net/
2. Type in the domain name in the input field (in this case - CryptoMinerShop.net)
3. Wait for the lookup results and should get something like the one below

Domain Name: CRYPTOMINERSHOP.NET
Registry Domain ID: 2169699745_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.onlinenic.com
Registrar URL: http://www.onlinenic.com
Updated Date: 2017-10-17T12:13:58Z
Creation Date: 2017-10-02T12:26:58Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-02T12:26:58Z
Registrar: OnlineNIC, Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 82
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@onlinenic.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.5107698492
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: NS1.IPCHINA163.COM
Name Server: NS2.IPCHINA163.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

=====

ANDYSK

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:23:52 PM

SCAM!!!!!!
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:09:46 AM

I don't want to judge the site mentioned, but I believe it's better to just buy the mining hardware right from its direct suppliers if you want to make sure that your purchase is legitimate and the person or company you buy it is trustworthy. Although it might be a little expensive to get it from a primary supplier like Bitmain, but you can be sure it is original and you will not be scammed by them.

mepacoin

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

Greetings, since October 20 I am suffering with these people, despite having read the site many times I did not find anything that would qualify it wrong I made the purchase and paid, since then the status of my purchase is pending and I write daily emails without receiving more than an automatic response, which says review the questions and frequent answers, if your question does not exist we will contact you in 24 hrs. It's nothing, I bet all my savings on this, in Venezuela where I am, with that amount you can live 2 years, every day I'm praying that I do not cheat. I would have liked to see this forum before, if anyone knows how to reverse that payment and want to help me, I will be very grateful.

Saludos, desde el 20 de octubre estoy sufriendo con esta gente, a pesar de haber leido muchas veces la pagina no encontre nada que la calificara mal he hice la compra y pague, desde entonces el status de mi compre esta en pendiente y escribo a diario correos sin recibir mas que una respuesta automatica, que dice revise las preguntas y respuestas frecuentes, de no existir su pregunta le contataremos en 24 hrs. No es nada, aposte todos mis ahorros en esto, en Venezuela donde me encuentro, con esa cantidad puedes vivir 2 anos, a diario estoy rezando por que no me estafen. Me hubiese gustado ver este forum antes, si alguien sabe la manera de como reversar ese pago y quiere ayudarme, estare muy agradecido.
ro2sf

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:52:31 PM

Greetings, since October 20 I am suffering with these people, despite having read the site many times I did not find anything that would qualify it wrong I made the purchase and paid, since then the status of my purchase is pending and I write daily emails without receiving more than an automatic response, which says review the questions and frequent answers, if your question does not exist we will contact you in 24 hrs. It's nothing, I bet all my savings on this, in Venezuela where I am, with that amount you can live 2 years, every day I'm praying that I do not cheat. I would have liked to see this forum before, if anyone knows how to reverse that payment and want to help me, I will be very grateful.

I think you have just been scammed. If since October 20, you get nothing but automated and canned responses from them, then it is safe to assume that they ran away with your money.

May we know how did you pay for the purchase?
broke0101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:16:39 PM

I'm sure CryptoMinerShop.net is a scam.

I tried to buy from Bitmain but had problems, then they had none in the next batch etc etc.

So paid my $1300 in bitcoin to CryptoMinerShop.net over a week ago and nothing. Emails not answered. I'm not expecting a box to arrive from them!!

mepacoin

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:52:55 PM

Pay with Bitcoin, 0.2697 include transport with DHL, from Blockchain, you have 1501 confirmations, the payment can be seen in your wallet without spending, if there is any way to reverse it and someone can help me, I will be very grateful.
ro2sf

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:31:17 PM

Pay with Bitcoin, 0.2697 include transport with DHL, from Blockchain, you have 1501 confirmations, the payment can be seen in your wallet without spending, if there is any way to reverse it and someone can help me, I will be very grateful.

I'm afraid that there is no way to reverse it.

You just have to take this experience as a lesson not to just trust anyone. Do your own research first and ask here for opinions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: