Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the fork lead to?  (Read 1074 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:45:37 PM

My point of view is by the following fork and getting some "Free" Btc gold the proce of bitcoin will decrease a lot
With a good price for btc gold. Well it will be more accurate if I said it MUST decrease after the fork
May I know your opinions?

Agree. Bitcoin price will likely decrease after the fork, but not by a lot of amounts, just a tiny portion of the current price. I think we won't even get below $6000 after the fork. The main fuel for the recent rise isn't just Bitcoin Gold fork I'm sure, there is something bigger, the fork is just an icing on top of the cake.

So better to dump BTG as soon as possible and hold that extra Bitcoin tight after the fork! Cheesy
Although there are some chances that after hardfork the price of bitcoin will decrease a little, but i think that this decrease will not be a deep one and will not be for a long time. In fact after  hardfork people will try to sell their bitcoin so as to secure their profit and therefore the market can take a little correction. But hopefully the price of bitcoin will very soon start rising again and there will be certainly a new rally and the price will once again start increasing and hopefully will cross 7000$ in a row.
I think the price won't decrease a lot some holders are already sold their bitcoins.. that is why the price won't increase more because other investors satisfied what the price today and they don't wanted to be late before its drop that is why bitcoin price is drop but there  are still people are buying more bitcoins because its  getting cheap and they wanted to  get bitcoin gold too just to get the benefits of those coins..
And for safety purposes.
We need to have  bitcoin gold if ever bitcoin gold replace bitcoin just incase but we know  that bitcoin was strong but this is just to save our money if ever changes happen in the future.. 
RenaiSHITechnology

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:24:25 AM

Forking will make price higher
Later forking will correct it as peoples would buy cheap altcoins everywhere;

After next support is taken,
We are going to the moon.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:33:43 AM

My point of view is by the following fork and getting some "Free" Btc gold the proce of bitcoin will decrease a lot
With a good price for btc gold. Well it will be more accurate if I said it MUST decrease after the fork

New hard form may lead to price increase of BTC due to increasing demand because some will just buy BTC to get a free Bitcoin Gold.
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:46:14 AM

When the hard fork  end, the price of the bitcoin decreases (I think so)  it can dump ~ 4k $. The value of bitcoin gold can be ~ $ 300-500. Maybe it will achieve the value that bitcoin cash previously achieved.
Wa(t)ch_night()

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 25th January

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:10:55 AM

Decrease will be, the question in another as far as. Maybe at times and can only 1k. Yes, you can play on it, but still this fork will not play a significant role.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
berkk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:02:10 AM

I've been reading a lot of opinions from different people and there seems to be a majority consensus that btc price will drop during the fork
nasibakar

Activity: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:25:12 AM

After the forking it is still unknown,
but I ll predict it may fall, BTC price may fall as it will need a correction.

I also predict that many people will run some of the profit to Altcoin,
if one altcoins would have update in January, it may be the priority to buy.
almost all of Altcoins are cheap now,
I ll buy Altcoins later, I am looking for the moment
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:32:15 AM

Since everyone is piling up Bitcoins in their wallet so as to get free Bitcoin Gold. After the fork, the price of Bitcoin will go down because everyone will be more focused on Bitcoin gold and after all the whole thing is over, Bitcoin will get up again and go over its current price.
Not really like all attention would be focused on Bitcoin Gold after the hard fork, unless you're referring to a massive sell off of the BTG windfall and which could stunt it growth. Beyond that a number of bitcoiners would go for profit taking and that might not lead to any major correction, because unlike the situation of things prior to Bitcoin cash split, people're upbeat about Bitcoin and FUD is almost non-existent!
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:43:32 AM

If the hard fork implemented it will lead into dumping the btc price.maybe all the bitcoiner affected and turn their  profit down.all people maybe hold their bitcoin until the condition back to normal or maybe they run into another kind of crypto currency.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:14:20 AM

New hard form may lead to price increase of BTC due to increasing demand because some will just buy BTC to get a free Bitcoin Gold.
Buying of bitcoin at the very present moment is not a very good idea. If you are very much sure of this thing that the prices in the coming days will continue to increase and you will not suffer in any case, only then go for buying of bitcoins. Otherwise, this coming November can decrease the market price of bitcoin due to the upcoming forks. So think well before making any kind of decision.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:23:41 AM

People are increasing their stash of bitcoin as per the market it seems. However after the fork a dump may happen, but there may not be dump as well - this is because in the next year there will be more forks and people wont sell bitcoins just after the fork. They may hold it for the next upcoming fork. In fact these forks and formation of new altcoins based on bitcoin seems just a hype scheme to increase price of bitcoin and the market seems to be growing but the growth will lead to dump soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Fulmand

Activity: 568

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:13:18 PM

People are increasing their stash of bitcoin as per the market it seems. However after the fork a dump may happen, but there may not be dump as well - this is because in the next year there will be more forks and people wont sell bitcoins just after the fork. They may hold it for the next upcoming fork. In fact these forks and formation of new altcoins based on bitcoin seems just a hype scheme to increase price of bitcoin and the market seems to be growing but the growth will lead to dump soon.

In my opinion fork will lead to a big dump as many speculation says because they notice that every fork ends in a low price exchange rate. But for now its different because they have good potential altcoins and has a bright future insteads but it does'nt mean to replace the bitcoin because whatever the result come out is just still the bitcoin.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

I think people will be more interested in digital currencies. The start of new coins always attracts newcomers, it's like they are given a fresh start. Though we know that only few coins successfully achieved or maintained popularity and adaptation. New coins for old users always have trust issues. Maybe it will depend on its characteristics which will be its advantage from bitcoin. Still experimentation will happen and when it failed then it will die as well.
Back to bitcoin and boom doubled or tripled.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:05:05 PM

Most likely, nothing. The current forks are attempts at cash grabs, and only that. There is nothing about them that warrants any good reason to switch from Bitcoin, and most people simply sell off their shares and buy Bitcoin instead. It is like free money in a sense, so tat is really cool. lol

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:51:12 AM

I've been reading a lot of opinions from different people and there seems to be a majority consensus that btc price will drop during the fork
You really should not base your opinion too much on people's opinion here as some people may not really understand what they are saying. No one knows what will happen after the fork and except for the upcoming November fork which remains contentious, I do not see how BTC price will reduce because of BTG.

BTG will get dumped, so how does that affect BTC's price negatively. I am just surprised at the rate at which some people are basing their theory here.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:12:03 AM

Sorry to say, but it seems you have not been following the trend of things. BTG is apparently going to get dumped and I really hope their will even be any exchange to see someone who would want to buy from you and that would make it pretty worthless.

We do not know how things will turn out for sure, but most of the good trading platforms are not even listing it until when they are sure it is a less risky coin for investors. How does this then make BTC to be dumped because of good price for bitcoin gold ?
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:08:01 PM

I do not know why you thought that most of the members of the forum thought the price will go up after the fork, something that as we have seen happened, the only way for the price of bitcoin to get lower is if the community believes in the project and are willing to keep holding it and using this new coin but as we have seen people are only dumping bitcoin gold so the price of bitcoin was never going to go down in those circumstances.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:00:51 PM

As we can see,  fork by this november is not yet happen,  but the price of bitcoin raise over $7k+  i think, one of the reason is the upcoming fork (btg)  because most of the investors are want to get free coin from the fork which is equivalent from how many bitcoin they have,  and to get earnings/profits from that, by dumping it after the fork,  fork leads bitcoin price hike/raise then suddenly i think after the fork bitcoin price will back to normal price which is $5k+. And the altcoins will drop by 10% after the fork,  the upcoming fork results is unknown and who knows what will next before and after the fork.  but the truth is bitcoin and altcoins are totally affected by this fork and leads to the ups and downs of price in the market.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:05:07 PM

as you can clearly see now, forks like bitcoin gold have no significant effects on bitcoin price. of course there were a drop which means they are not  completely ineffective but it was not at all big. so your part about "decrease a lot" was wrong.
let this be a lessen and an example for future references. and this is actually the second example. the first one was the bitcoin cash fork where bitcoin price had a little dip after it but started rising even more afterwards.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:48:12 PM

I dont think, each each spars, the value of the BTC rege up, the last romantyczny last period, but its bc pipeline sb tăng liên tục, và lần này cũng không phải is exception
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: