Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is air drop??  (Read 1089 times)
infinity33

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:40:28 PM

im a little confuse of what is airdrop i cant understand how to take a bounty for it .. If you register or Sign up for the form can you earn a coin??

That's how it works.
When a development team (dev sometimes) wants to launch a new project and sponsor it (an ICO or a new Coin) usually they offer free coins.
Is just a free coin offered without any participation for the incoming ICO project. The only thing they do is just a registration for the scheduled date. But some coins aren't enlisted yet in any exchanger. But then, some airdrops coins are having big value in the market that makes others love to join airdrops.
After you register on it some have rules that you have to download their wallet so you can now have their free airdrop for , some airdrop are most of it hold for a long time before it can have a value on the market.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:35:44 AM

im a little confuse of what is airdrop i cant understand how to take a bounty for it .. If you register or Sign up for the form can you earn a coin??

In a few words an airdrop is a model that a given project uses to distribute their tokens. In some projects they make the distribution and get funds by making an ICO, where they sell their tokens. In an airdrop tokens are given for free so they usually tend to develop things a bit slower (not always the case because there are several airdrop projects with more development than ICO projects).

I am also confused when asked about Airdrop. What I know is that Airdrop is a form of giveaway but we have to do some tasks to get it. But I often see that Airdrop's gift is a token like you say. And I am confused how to redeem a token into a Bitcoin or dollar form. I am also still confused about anyone who used to organize Airdrop and from any forum we can get Airdrop.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:45:20 AM

Airdrop is free distribution of new introduced coin. At the time of airdrop the coin has no value. This is for the publicity of the coin before listing in exchange. Airdrop is promotion of coin similarly by other bounty.
You may get free coins by filling the airdrop form only.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:01:33 AM

It's basically giving free coins to anyone who signs up in one. This is done with the intention of marketing the coin and, sometimes, give more value to it
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:29:30 AM

Me too.I am still confused on airdrops.But still I joined some of the airdrops that are present on the bounties section.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Kat_messy

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:35:52 AM

In order for new coins to gain traction and recognition, they offer certain percentage of their coins to the public for free.

This is called Airdrop.
Once the coin hit exchanges, you can selly, however f you are particularly interested in the coin and believe in the project, you can hold the coin for months and sell ata . better price
Also long tormented this question. Thanks, now everything is clear)
Pawalkalyan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:20:19 AM

Yes that is what airdrop means.You can get free coins for just a signup but bounties have more work to do and are really stressful.
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:31:56 AM

In order for new coins to gain traction and recognition, they offer certain percentage of their coins to the public for free.

This is called Airdrop.
Once the coin hit exchanges, you can selly, however f you are particularly interested in the coin and believe in the project, you can hold the coin for months and sell ata . better price
Airdop is one way to spread crypto power as much as possible. Extensive distribution is very important and there are various methods to deliver it.
Airdrop is one of the best among them because everyone who wants to receive a coin will get it
aljazstraser

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:36:15 AM

Useless tactics to get more community on token side! Airdrop are always so minimum that they don't make difference. At least for me.

Regards,
Aljaz
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:38:31 AM

Airdrops and bounties are different things.

In an airdrop, you get an amount of coins for free just by providing your address. This can help promote a project.

In a bounty campaign however, you have to complete different tasks to get a "bounty". You could call it freelancing if you wanted to, but it's called bounty on BitcoinTalk. Tasks for bounty campaigns are usually translations, signature campaigns and social media campaigns. Some people also manage projects or write technical papers such as whitepapers.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:38:55 AM

you can think like coins are dropping from air to you. what you do is you sign up for an airdrop and you receive your coins when the specified time arrives.
therenin

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:52:59 AM

An airdrop that caught my eye is GoToken, i check the airdrop and steps were fairly simple.

1/Join telegram
2/ optional - post on their bitcointalk thread
3/ Fill in form

In the form they asked my bitcointalk and telegram username and ETH adress

Now what i dont understand how are they going to send me their gotoken to my eth adress? (they didnt ask for private key, normal wallet etc adress)
Where and how will i see the free gotoken if they only have my etc wallet address?

Thank you
//obviously a new guy here
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:12:46 AM

it is a marketing operation to promote a new crypto currencie
"The act of delivering goods or personnel by dropping them from an aircraft by parachute."
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

Basicly an air drop happens when new coins wants to intialise a new project  offers certain amount of their coins for free the public to gain recognition platform. all you have to to get these coins for free is to  register in it.

destiny777

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:37:44 AM

register with your account info and eth wallet address, u will get free ERC20 token after the campaign is over. normally like this
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:51:24 AM

airdrop is a kind of free coin division for us bounty hunters,
usually for projects that give the airdrop a lot of coins
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:03:17 AM

To say that tokens given by airdrops are worthless is wrong. I received 30 POStokens and they are trading on etherdelta at over $1 each.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:06:28 AM

yes, that's how to join an airdrop just simple fill the form and wait you will get free coin on your wallet. some airdrop maybe have different rules
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:09:19 AM

airdrop for a crypto currency means that coins are dropping from air to you. you just sign up for the airdrop and receive your coins, that's all.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: