Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is buying Bitcoin with Paypal against Paypal's policy?  (Read 262 times)
kii552007 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:06:38 PM

Hello guys,

I've been trading Paypal for Bitcoin on Localbitcoins for a while.
Recently, as there was no good deal on Localbitcoins, I traded with 2 guys on this forum - and got scammed $70 right away.

I filed 2 claimed, Paypal deem there's a high risk activity, and limited my account.
I call their support, trying to get my account back to normal.
Everything was smooth and normal - until they asked me about the 2 claimed I filed.
I told them I was buying Bitcoin using my balance, they told me buying Bitcoin with Paypal is against their policy, and locked my account immediately.
I was hoping the chargeback service can get my money back from scammers, but it makes my account got locked up in the end.

Is it true that you're not allowed to buy Bitcoin with Paypal?
AltCalendar

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:17:09 PM

Hello guys,

Recently, as there was no good deal on Localbitcoins, I traded with 2 guys on this forum - and got scammed $70 right away.

I filed 2 claimed, Paypal deem there's a high risk activity, and limited my account.
Everything was smooth and normal - until they asked me about the 2 claimed I filed.
I told them I was buying Bitcoin using my balance, they told me buying Bitcoin with Paypal is against their policy, and locked my account immediately.
I was hoping the chargeback service can get my money back from scammers, but it makes my account got locked up in the end.

10000% true
kii552007 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:25:21 PM

Hello guys,

10000% true

If that's true, does that means people selling/buying Bitcoin with Paypal now are all at risk?
They could get their account locked at any time?
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

Hello guys,

10000% true

If that's true, does that means people selling/buying Bitcoin with Paypal now are all at risk?
This is not new its from Start of Bitcoin Paypal never like users use this service for buying or selling bitcoins if they catch some one they will lock account many accounts already locked I am also victim of this policy
AltCalendar

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:21:23 PM

Hello guys,

10000% true

Right this isn’t new at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: