Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing Accepted after hours of running  (Read 492 times)
Genetics (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:11:41 PM

I’m new to mining. Looked at it back in 2011 and started following this year again. I have an iMac with Macminer GUI installed. I ran the GPU miner for half the day and noticed zero accepted zero rejected and can’t figure out what’s going on. Any help would be appreciated. I’m connecting to minergate pool and have my address and password set. As for which coin I’m mining I’ve tried a few to see if it was parameters or maybe my hashtags was too low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:42:59 PM

Your computer is likely not able to generate a high enough difficulty share to be accepted.
cryptowizze

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:16:57 PM

MAcs suck....what gpu is in there?
ROFLED

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:49:27 PM

You need change pool, and give specs and coin info
xFGND

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:22:59 AM

Pool? Macs aren't typically good for mining. Could be that your GPU is too old and your shares aren't being accepted.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:31:00 AM

I’m new to mining. Looked at it back in 2011 and started following this year again. I have an iMac with Macminer GUI installed. I ran the GPU miner for half the day and noticed zero accepted zero rejected and can’t figure out what’s going on. Any help would be appreciated. I’m connecting to minergate pool and have my address and password set. As for which coin I’m mining I’ve tried a few to see if it was parameters or maybe my hashtags was too low.

What they said + a great way to turn a working iMac into an expensive paperweight. Thermal performance on many models is borderline with heavy regular workloads let alone mining.
codencoin

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:37:13 AM

What they said + a great way to turn a working iMac into an expensive paperweight. Thermal performance on many models is borderline with heavy regular workloads let alone mining.

Thermal performance on all models is borderline with  regular workloads and should never be let alone mining.

FTFY
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:19:08 AM

Thermal performance on all models is borderline with  regular workloads and should never be let alone mining.

FTFY

LOL TYFT
Genetics (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:32:36 PM

Radion 580. I thought it was a decent hash rate to earn something overnight, albeit very small.

Ok. From what I gather I have two choices... go buy an Asic miner or build a windows/Linux setup, or just buy coins and sit on them.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 05:47:32 PM

Radion 580. I thought it was a decent hash rate to earn something overnight, albeit very small.

Ok. From what I gather I have two choices... go buy an Asic miner or build a windows/Linux setup, or just buy coins and sit on them.

I suggest you first try running with mining software other than minergate. What coin are you mining?

If as you say you have an AMD Radeon RX 580 in your iMac you should be getting decent enough hashrates to at least have some mined coins after "hours of running." Just search for mining tutorials on google. I suggest mining Ethereum.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
blazecygnus

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:09:12 PM

I don't agree with you, iMacs worked very well to me. You have any problems with it ?
Genetics (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:45:11 PM

I set up xmr-stack-amd. It looks like my hashrate is about 550/sec. I thought maybe I could get this a little higher by changing a few settings but this is the best I can do. If anyone has suggestions on this? I finally got everything figured out. My wallet doesn’t get paid until I hit 0.3 and it seems to be listed on the website.
helen_davis87

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

I don't agree with you, iMacs worked very well to me. You have any problems with it ?

I do. But my problem is inteface of the MacOS - I despise it
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:30:28 PM

I set up xmr-stack-amd. It looks like my hashrate is about 550/sec. I thought maybe I could get this a little higher by changing a few settings but this is the best I can do. If anyone has suggestions on this? I finally got everything figured out. My wallet doesn’t get paid until I hit 0.3 and it seems to be listed on the website.
AMD Polaris cards (like your RX 580) benefit the most from changing memory timings and lowering the voltage. Both those things are done by editing gpu bios. There's plenty of tutorials about this on the internet since pretty much everyone does it. You'll get ~ 150-250 H/s extra on top of your current 550. But it's quite tricky with Mac OS, there's a good chance that the software needed for all this (polaris bios editor, driver patcher, control tool like overdriveNtool etc) is not available for your OS and is Windows only.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:30:28 PM

RX 580 now needs to bring you a income of about $ 1.5 per day. If you have a night performance on Nola, I think that you are not connected to the pool. When you put the computer on mining your GPU needs to warm up the back wall. It is easy to check by hand. If it's cold then look for problems in the connection.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Genetics (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:08:14 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 01:36:19 PM by Genetics

AMD Polaris cards (like your RX 580) benefit the most from changing memory timings and lowering the voltage. Both those things are done by editing gpu bios. There's plenty of tutorials about this on the internet since pretty much everyone does it. You'll get ~ 150-250 H/s extra on top of your current 550. But it's quite tricky with Mac OS, there's a good chance that the software needed for all this (polaris bios editor, driver patcher, control tool like overdriveNtool etc) is not available for your OS and is Windows only.

Ok I will look into partitioning some of the ssd to windows. I have no problems with windows. I liked it more than MacOS, but as I got older and needed something that just worked I ended up with Mac. Now that I'm looking into mining, a rig with multiple cpu and gpu cores on linux or windows seems to be what I need. :-)

Maybe monero is not the thing to mine. I see that I should be making $1.5 per day in mining and I'm looking at about 65c after 24hrs. My cpu mining is hashing 150-200h/s and my gpu is at 560h/s.

Does ethereum pay better? If this is the case I was looking into dual mining... I don't think I can setup dual mining using xmr-stak-amd? But if anyone has I would love to know! It looks like maybe I can modify some files to send ethereum hashes to decred.
Genetics (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:38:34 PM

I installed windows 10. Hashrate for the rx580 is 720h/sec with some OC tweaks. I wonder if I can make this higher?

There is a significant difference in hashrate. On MacOS it would hash at 500 or so but the pool would only accept about 300h/sec. After using windows the pool is fluctuating around the same hash as my GPU. It’s over a 2x improvement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: